[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 64-Heatmor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Yesterday was the Mandibuzz line, today will be about the fire anteater and the first Poke of another rivalry, Heatmor.
My thoughts: I feel bad for Heatmor, I really do. A fire anteater is an awesome idea...but GF really dropped the ball with this one.
It's design is...OK. I like how they incorporate heat vents into its design, and for some reason it reminds me of Magmar.
What really sucks about Heatmor is its competitive viability. It's just a fire type I think no one would be bothered to train. Heck, it's in lore prey, Durant, is the stronger of the duo. It honestly seems like a reverse Seviper vs Zangoose. The prey now beats the predator.
Overall, I really hope GF gives this fire anteater a viable evolution or mega. It really deserves it.
>>
One if my favorite designs. I never used it in BW because he was available too late, and there were a lot of pokemon I liked so I had a full team by then, so I don't know if it's shit or not
>>
File: 631.gif (58 KB, 94x57) Image search: [Google]
631.gif
58 KB, 94x57
I think Heatmor is a great design and I don't know why it gets the hate it does. He's got cool eyes and I like the lava/magma design on the body. I think I'm partial to it because my best friend's favorite animal has been an anteater since we were kids.
>>
Yesterday I was playing through the battle tower on ORAS and it showed up and honestly I had to double look at it because I couldnt remember where the hell did it came from. I don't think it's the ugliest pokemon or whatever (I mean-- it is ugly but not the worst) but its just really forgettable to me ngl
>>
I just remembered it existed.
>>
it's one of my favorite Pokemon designs, I just feel bad for it competitively. I would go as far as calling it my "bro"
>>
I like it.

Terrible movepool, ability and stats, but hey nothing is ever perfect.

I also find it hilarious that Durant shits on it with Rock Slide when it was clearly typed Bug/Steel to be it's prey.
>>
>>26411532
It's movepool is pretty varied, but it's just fragile and slow but not slow enough for trick room. Too many points wasted in being a mixed attacker, and a boring type. If it had at least been Fire/Steel to mirror Durant, maybe it would have stood out a bit more.
>>
>>26411157
Not my favorite, but I still like it a lot. Well, I like most of the designs of gen 5 anyway.

Nice OP pic, by the way.
>>
Extremely forgettable, and very bad competitively. It almost seems as if GF wanted us to forget about it, making it super hard to find even in its origin game. At the very least durant is a beast, this guy has no saving grace
>>
Fire/Ground mega plz
>>
>>26412962
Should be fire steel from eating too many durant. I really liked the design when I first saw it, such a shame it shows up so late and is so slow. I used one in the postgame of my most recent playthrough of white and it wasn't the worst though. Atleast in game. I think you can get it way earlier in x and y though so I might try that out at some point.
>>
Everytime I see this thread I wonder, how many lines of Pokémon are there? in gen V and in general.

Heatmor is cool imo save the head. If this thing looked straight up it would look like a cats penis
>>
>>26414972
We're almost done with Gen 5. We have Durant, the Hydreigon line, Volcarona line, and then it's on to the legends.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.