[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A lot of people argue about old and new pokemon designs, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Hissgronk.png (181 KB, 1080x1428) Image search: [Google]
Hissgronk.png
181 KB, 1080x1428
A lot of people argue about old and new pokemon designs, but how do you feel about the general change in art direction?

As in, how the design is portrayed, not the actual concept. We get it, Voltorb was just a ball and new pokemon look like digimon.

But do you think you would like designs that you currently don't if they were drawn a different way?
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (79 KB, 1000x962) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
79 KB, 1000x962
Because they need sell cuteness
>>
It might just be me but I tend to prefer drawn art instead of digitally rendered art. Something about knowing that the artist put a lot of time and effort into the shading, design, and consistency makes me appreciate it more. Kind of like old W40K art vs new W40K art. The old stuff doesn't look as sharp, yes, but I just tend to prefer it because of the time the artist put into it
>>
>>26408446
Both artstyles are great, I just wish they kept the watercolors.
>>
>>26408469
Digital is no easier or quicker than traditional, it's just more convenient.
>>
i wonder if nintendo is aware that literally everyone, even normies want to fuck pokemon and have been drawing them subtly more attractive over time?
>>
>>26408503
You seem to be excluding Nintendo themselves from that "everyone". Are you sure that's correct?
>>
>>26408446
If they will continue to use super saturated colors for some pokémon like Litten then that will take some time to get used to.
Sugimori has always used very cold colors from gen III-VI, and before that there were watercolors.
>>
>>26408446
This image is wrong, fictional creatures have no rights therefore it's okay to fuck them since they can't give any consent, nor can they be adult since they're fucking fictional
>>
>>26408503
They have had a Blaziken furbait every gen. They just use one for marketing reasons
>>
>>26408446
The fuck is this picture.

You can teach a parrot to talk, that doesn't mean you can fuck it.
>>
>>26410144
I can learn you to read.
>>
The watercolors were gorgeous, wish we could get more of those. I've always loved sugimori's style though and I really like his promotional artwork up through gen IV. Really not digging how he draws his human now, I preferred the more angular look they used to have.
>>
File: Art V VI.jpg (532 KB, 1245x1280) Image search: [Google]
Art V VI.jpg
532 KB, 1245x1280
>>26410157
Sugimori only draws a fragment of the trainers now.
I also suspect that he will share the load of pokémon art in SM and on, the starters don't look like they are drawn by Sugimori, especially Litten.
>>
>>26410183
did not know this
>>
>>26410144
Read the other criteria. Parrots don't have human or 'greater' intellect.
>>
>>26408456
Holy shit, this a well made one.
>>
>>26412397
If you consider average human intellect, then half the human population shouldn't be allowed to fuck. And if you consider the dumbest human alive, then parrot is more than qualified as far as intelligence is concerned.
>>
>>26408446
I like the watercolours better, but honestly it wouldn't look good on newer Pokémon.
>>
>>26408446
Probably not, pokemons that I hate are because they have major flaws at the concept or are just too ugly.
Like Garbodor that is literally sentient trash. I find it funny that people compare it to Muk, when Muk was both a Sludge Elemental, and a reference to every RPG slime.

And Probopass that is ugly as fuck, although it has a lot of thought in it, it is so fucking ugly that it doesn't matter.
>>
File: Japan3DSXL1.jpg (120 KB, 450x334) Image search: [Google]
Japan3DSXL1.jpg
120 KB, 450x334
I don't like the round-headed Pikachu they use in advertising now
>>
>>26416300
le ejjy dubs
>>
>>26408469
and digitally drawn art doesnt? I am an artist who does both and they both require the same amount of time and energy.. the only difference between them is digital stuff is more convenient as you do not have to buy the supplies outside of the program.. that's it.

you still sketch, line and color as you do with traditional work. wtf .
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.