[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm still mad.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: theorycrushed.png (15 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
theorycrushed.png
15 KB, 256x192
I'm still mad.
>>
>>26406526
Which romhack is this?
>>
>implying they didn't just lie to cover their tracks
>>
>>26406526
this was literally a slap in the face just to shut people up
>>
>>26406526
I don't get it
>>
>>26406547
A popular theory is that the Shadow Triad were the Striaton City triplets. People felt this way partially due to the fact that when all of the gym leaders from Unova join you at the end of the game, the triplets are not present, but the Shadow Triad is, I think. The screenshot shows both the Shadow Triad as well as the triplets in the same shot, debunking this theory.
>>
I still love the fact that they actually took the time to show they're not the shadow triad.
>>
Gamefreak did this just to be dicks didn't they?
>>
>>26406539
Yeah, deconfirming a youtube-tier fan theory is a huge, literal slap in the face.
>>
>>26406534
>romhack
It's BW2
>>
Its so sad that you can't activate these events anymore, hell, not even with flashcards or emulators
>>
File: Separated at birth.png (979 KB, 573x889) Image search: [Google]
Separated at birth.png
979 KB, 573x889
>Trio inexplicably has stealth skills early in BW1. Cheren says we should have walked right past them despite not seeing anything. When found, only one is visible at first and the other two emerge from behind him.
>When encountered in the post-game, the only one who explains their absence at the castle visibly pauses with "..." before speaking.
>Pic related. Similar hairstyles in the exact same order as their group art.

I blame that worthless anime season and it using Cilan as a protagonist.

Considering that Unova was filled with so many Kanto parallels, the Striaton Trio were probably intended to be the Gym Leader Giovanni equivalent.
>>
>>26407486
>similar hairstyles
You fuckin blind?
>>
>>26407625
>side swept bangs
>swept back bangs
>bangs covering right eye
Only the most basic of similarities. Anon is over looking, of course, that this is a very simple way to differentiate characters in a group that otherwise have similar designs.
>>
>>26407486
T-They were male?! I always thought they were girls
>>
in the manga there is more speculation, due to the triads masks looking like the Pan/Simi monkey trio.
also in someways, the memory link could still be a lie made by the brothers. they are the same in my head canon.
>>
>>26406526
>I'm still mad.
Good.

Maybe you weren't one of the autists always going on about that. If you weren't, then you have my condolences. It always sucks to have something like this completely destroyed. But people were getting insufferable about it. You couldn't disagree even mildly without supporters getting all fanny flustered. It's all well and good when people are just having fun with it. I love stuff like that, the little "maybe, maybe not" scenarios in open ended worlds like Pokemon.

But fans can't be trusted to just be chill about this shit. So yes, I'm glad in a very schadenfreude way, that so many people's butts got absolutely ravaged by this. The only thing that would make me happier is if the Zodiac nonsense was completely and totally debunked with no wiggle room.

A man's got to have dreams.
>>
File: 14wa87l.png (88 KB, 319x232) Image search: [Google]
14wa87l.png
88 KB, 319x232
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 640x248) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 640x248
>>26407809
>those monkey masks
>>
>>26407087
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>26407801
this in spades FUCK zodiacfags
>>
>>26407868
the first pic is from the memory link... it was a game sync for people that completed B/W and started B2W2
>>
>>26407937
You can do it with a DS emulator that allows for linking, right?
>>
>>26407087
I completed all the Memory Link events using Wifi Desmume just fine.
>>
>>26407937
>>26407947
>>26407953
Do you actually need the old Nintendo Online to be able to use them? I though you just used too DSes to transfer the info. Did you actually upload them online first then download them from there?
>>
>>26407964
Nah, it's just DS Download Play.
>>
>>26407947
not sure, i dont use emulators, and honestly got back into pokemon when bw2 came out. BW1 are the only games ive never owned... i just like theories, especially about villain teams... like the manga saying that most of the kanto gym leaders besides brock and misty were team rocket members.
>>
Why the fuck would 3 restaurant owners pretend to be ninjas? I'm glad this got BTFO. You kids need to simmer down that imagination.
>>
>>26408797
>restaurant owners
wew
>>
File: 1401210165307.jpg (92 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1401210165307.jpg
92 KB, 500x375
gamers have the biggest persecution complex ever. Anytime the devs do something they don't want means it's a personal "fuck you" because that's totally a reasonable mindset to have.

OP I bet you got extremely anally devastated at pic related instead of laughing about it like you were supposed to.
Get over yourself, seriously.
>>
>>26406526
>believing their lies
>>
>>26408797
Becayse pokespe popularizes the "gym leaders and elite four becoming evil and ganging up on the protag kids" idea.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.