[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else stuck in that part of your Living Dex where all there's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: file.jpg (26 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
26 KB, 268x265
Anyone else stuck in that part of your Living Dex where all there's left to do is grind grind grind?

Also, Living Dex thread I guess. Post progress. Where do you keep track of your progress?
>>
Wtf is a living dex? As oppsed to a dead dex?
>>
What the fuck is a living dex
>>
>>26405961
One of every species/evolution.
I have most if not all in my Bank but they aren't organized and Pokebank is slow to work with.
>>
>>26405949
got gen 1-3
finishing up gen 4, just gotta get some legends and rotom
Playing platinum as we speak to get Dialga
>>
Why won't the livingdex site let me sign in or sign up?
I'm too lazy to make my own spreadsheet/checklist.
>>
i tried doing that back in X/Y but got bored & noticed how pointless it was because the dex was complete already so
>>
>>26405961
>>26405977
The newfags are real, holy fuck.

It's where you have one of every mon in your PC, so filling your dex for the next game is just transferring your old ones, then catching the new mons. Makes life easier. Eventually.

On topic: I'm still working on mine, trying to finish before S/M gets here. I've caught just about everything Kalos has to offer, and am doing to same to Hoenn now. My plan is to catch all I can, trade for the lines I don't have, and then do the grinding last. I'm dreading where you are, OP. Dreading it with every caught monster.
>>
I finished mine just a couple weeks ago.
It took me almost a whole year, but that was because at around 660-680ish, I got fed up because of the grinding, and stopped for a few months. Picked it back up and it only took me one more weekend to complete it.
>>
The hell of getting 20 Arceii and 5 Genesects was real, anon. And that was still better than getting every Unown.

The trick for your lovely anons, is to just leave a mon on GTS and wait a day. So many people online that you'll eventually get what you want if you put up a starter or something.
>>
Finished it a few months after bank came out. I mainly just dump it in the games of casuals and pull it back out so I can devalue shinies some more.
>>
Finished my living dex in X. felt so good....tho i still lack hoopa and volcanion.
>>
File: file.jpg (24 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
24 KB, 480x270
>>26406009
>tfw that site doesn't have alternate forms
>>
>>26405949
Living Shiny dex owner here!
>>26405961
>>26405977
What? Hi newfags.
>>26406020
Yeah, guess they are.

OP, mine is organized in game, PC Boxes labeled as "001-030, 031-060, etc, etc, and the pokemon goes in the spot for its corresponding dex number.
>>
>>26407642
>Living Shiny dex owner here!
>Shiny
I'm going to call you a filthy cheater, you filthy cheater you.

I finished my ages ago, so to speak. I got all caught up in Gen IV, so the last two gens have just been playing catch up with the new mons. Gen V grinding was a pain, but at least there was the Audino punching bags.

I haven't really done anything as insane as this >>26406083. In fact, it hadn't even crossed my mind, and now that it has, it gnaws at my sanity. I've done that with more common mons, though. All the genders and formes. Pretty much anything that didn't require a retarded amount of unbreedable legendaries or events. I think I have 4 Deoxys sitting around, though, and two Shaymins. Things like that, that are just vaguely reasonable amounts of legendaries.

I'm very sad you can only have Kyurem B or W at a time in a game. Really fucks with my autism. And that items don't go through bank, so none of the held item forms can be in there either. Also, Cosplay Pikachu is ONCE AGAIN a Pikachu line form that can't be traded forward. At least not at the moment (Pokebank won't accept it). Maybe the Gen VII patch will allow it, but I severely doubt it.

Spiky-Eared Pichu is stuck forever in HGSS, though.
>>
>>26405949
That grind was fucking annoying.

I'm thinking about restarting OR after hatching a shiny Beldum. In addition I want to actually evolve/breed a few of the pokemon that I haven't bothered to complete, before I restart.
>>
I started and finished this week.
I already had a full dex so the only thing that was left to do was breeding and evolving everything I didn't have anymore and then organize it.
>>
Currently midway, it's not that daunting if you just do a few mons per day and gets even easier if you own 2 3ds
>>
did mine in XY, wasn't too bad cause 450 catchable mons plus friend safari and then trades for legends

haven't done alternate forms like all the vivillons yet or anything like that, just one of everything. organized in my XY pc like how >>26408003
has theirs
>>
>>26405949
Finished my living dex back in X/Y, so a few years back. A friend of mine was also trying to make a living dex, but he abandonned and just waited for me to complete my dex so I could trade everything over to him (PokéBank).

Once I finished the living dex (well, actually still missing Volcanion), I started collecting all Vivillion forms, all Unknown forms, the Sawsbuck forms and that's it now I think.

I'm still missing on Vivillion, a few Unknowns (farming those is pretty boring) and one Sawsbuck form.

I also have one Ditto of every Nature, and was doing the same for Musha with Synchronize (but haven't got every nature yet).

Sadly, I went on a "break" from Pokémon after ROSA, and just connect once in a while when there is an event.
>>
Fuck the trade evos from Sinnoh. Fuck em to hell. At least you can catch Gorepiss and Funtail in BW2.
>>
I honestly prefer grinding over form-hunting. Gonna go on a nerd roadtrip with my friend in August for Arceus.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.