[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hope this mega shit was a gen 6 gimmick. i really do.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: 4130742-0887378384-mega_.jpg (148 KB, 942x960) Image search: [Google]
4130742-0887378384-mega_.jpg
148 KB, 942x960
hope this mega shit was a gen 6 gimmick. i really do.
>>
>>26403765
why?
none of the megas truly define the current meta and it brings some variety
>>
Nope.

Battle Frontier was an Emerald gimmick.
Following Pokémon was a Yellow and HGSS gimmick.
PWT is a BW2 gimmick.
Good music is a Gen 1, 2, 4 and 5 gimmick.
Dress up is a XY gimmick.
Dexnav is an ORAS gimmick.
Soaring is an ORAS gimmick.

Megas are a quality, series staple.
>>
>>26403805
maybe for dysfunctional kids like you.
>>
>>26403805
>Megas are a quality, series staple.

Inb4 assmad antimega fags
>>
>>26403821
Sick ad hominem, broseph
>>
>>26403805
Since you can pick your appearance again, I'd be very surprised if clothing customization doesn't come back.
>>
>>26403787
KANGASKHAN
>>
>>26403879
there are exceptions to every rule
>>
Overall I like the idea of megas. I hope they stay in S/M, but have better execution. I agree that Mega Swampert looks fucking terrible, though.
>>
File: 290.jpg (17 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
290.jpg
17 KB, 320x240
>>26403805
>Good music is a Gen 1, 2, 4 and 5 gimmick.
>>
>>26403888
>none of the megas define the meta
>e-except for that one that utterly defines and centralizes the ENTIRE FUCKING META
Nigga you are straight fucking backpedalling. Is that you, buttscab? Are you fucking STILL not underageb&?
>>
>>26403787
Because of ugly shit like this. I never complained about "overdesigned" Pokemon until megas came around. They're all edgy and X-treme! as hell.
>>
>>26403922
but thats why you play a meta that has bans
>>
I don't have a problems with Megas in theory. But they mostly make Megas for

-Popular mons (charizard, Lucario, Mewtwo)
-Legendaries in remakes
-Starters.

Not to mention it completely removes the chance of any one-stage mons getting a proper evolution, even if they need it.

Sadly Megas are a cash cow for GameFreak. All they have to do is slap a couple spikes onto a popular pokemon and they have free money.
>>
>>26403805
>Good music is a Gen 1, 2, 4 and 5 gimmick
>Good music
>Gen 2
Literally only Radio: Lucky Channel
>>
>>26403960
Hey guy, Mega Mawile and Mega Kangaskhan are great designs.
>>
Has GF ever removed an in-battle mechanic before?
>>
File: 1460155628545.jpg (52 KB, 599x449) Image search: [Google]
1460155628545.jpg
52 KB, 599x449
>>26403805
>Dress up is a XY gimmick.
>>
>>26403765
>actually disliking megas
>>
I like megas but if I could sacrifice having megas to have character customization/pokemon following you/or battle frontier back instead I would
>>
>>26403765
I don't mind megas, but some pokes need regular evolutions not megas.
>>
>>26403960
Dont talk to me or my beedrill ever again
>>
>>26403954
Hey smogonfag, I was wondering when you were going to show up and shit out opinions nobody asked for
>>
>>26406644
Following pokemon stopped having a chance with the 3d jump, no way of making the big ones look good unseless its some chibi shit
And clothes/character customization is back in S&M
>>
>>26406703
Yeah that's true it would look weird. Its a shame tho.
Yeah I know, I'm just not confident its going to be on a high/high extent compared to X/Y (which wasn't all that much, but it was something)
>>
>>26406718
Having anything lower to the males clothes from xy its impossible, even for GF
>>
>>26403765
>he doesn't like swolekip
>>
Is Mega mom still considered that much of an overpowered nuisance? Like, is she far and away the best, or just super top tier?
>>
>>26406703
They could always just set a limit for size. I think the wailord fans would understand. Have 80% of pokemon follow you, and steelix, wailord, groudon etc. Get a message that says they are too big to travel outside of their balls. I think most everybody could agree that would be acceptable. Not that those chucklefucks at gamefreak would bother.

As for megas, I would argue that they are the worst thing that ever happened to the series. Their designs tend to be cluttered, they feel like an awkward bandage slapped on some pokemon who would have been better off with an evolution or a stat rework, many are broken nuisances for competitive players, etc.

Then I have the more autistic personal reasons. They fuck with what little lore the series had and forced an awkward alternate timeline in a series that could greatly benefit from a more cohesive world and continuity. Something about it just cheapens everything. Compare Dragon ball to Dragon ball Z. One was about hard work and adventure, the other is about gimmicky transformations and absurd power levels. My purchase of moon will depend entirely on if gamefreak knows when to fold and ditch those abominations. They're an ammusing novelty as a gimmick, but a leap in the wrong direction as a series staple.
>>
File: 44930488.jpg (1 MB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
44930488.jpg
1 MB, 1400x1050
I hope not, I love the idea and most of the Megas we have. There just need to be more of them, much more.

>>26403805
Customization is already back in SM. Male MC was seen with different shirt colors at different points.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.