[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inherently Perfect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7
File: 1460547419895.png (390 KB, 535x500) Image search: [Google]
1460547419895.png
390 KB, 535x500
If you don't agree, you were born with a neurodevelopmental disorder.
>>
>>
The DS era in general was the golden age of pokemon, that I can agree with.
2007 - 2013
RIP
>>
>>26403484
But five isn't an even number! Something can't be perfect unless it is an even number.
>>
>>26403514
I can further agree
Platinum, HGSS, B2W2, the best of the best in the series.
Its sad that I can only hope SM is good, rather than hoping for amazing like I used too.
>>
>Region is worse than Sinnoh and Hoenn
>Only started including items with BW2
>excessive handholding
>start of the trainers only having 3 pokemon max
>no following pokemon despite having done pretty much half of gen v's pokemon sprites for the entra forest
>berries removed and moved to the shitty internet minigame instead of in-game
>story kind of drops the ball

Can't think of many flaws. But flaws exist
>>
>>26403484
Agreed.

Gen V will forever trigger contrarians.
>>
>>26403538
>worse than Sinnoh
OK
>Hoenn
Nah.

>following pokemon
Definitely agree. It should've been a series staple.
>>
>>26403552
Unova started the whole forced biome diversion through gates. Whereas Hoenn felt more like an actual region with natural progression in biomes. Sinnoh also had gates, but not nearly as much as Unova
>>
>>26403538
>Region is worse than Sinnoh and Hoenn
Linear doesn't make it worse. Hoenn and Sinnoh are literally HMs: The Region
>Only started including items with BW2
This is wrong.
>excessive handholding
In what world? Where? When? Never.
>start of the trainers only having 3 pokemon max
This started in Gen 1.
>no following pokemon despite having done pretty much half of gen v's pokemon sprites for the entra forest
Who gives a shit about that?
>berries removed and moved to the shitty internet minigame instead of in-game
Nobody uses fucking berries.
>story kind of drops the ball
Considering it has the best story compared to any other Pokemon Game (Gen 1 is laughable, Gen 2 has none, Gen 3 is retarded, Gen 3, 4, and 6 are the same plot), you're wrong.

>>26403570
>Gates
Why does this matter? Did a gate molest you? Who fucking cares? It takes half a second to walk through one, just close your eyes or some shit, retard.
>>
>>26403588
HM's are a good thing. It's part of why BW2 is so much better than BW1.
>>
File: 1446080448744.jpg (58 KB, 610x688) Image search: [Google]
1446080448744.jpg
58 KB, 610x688
>>26403597
>HM's are a good thing.
What drugs are in your ass right now?
>>
>>26403588
>linear
Strawman
>this is wrong
Prove it
>where when NO IT DIDNT HAPPEN
literally did
>this started in gen 1
prove it
>who gives a shit
Fuck off, my money.
>nobody used berries
No true scotsman fallacy
>but it's the best story
Fuck off with your subjectivism, I'm only stating objective facts.

>this doesn't matter because I say so
FUCK. OFF. No ONE CARES ABOUT YOU
>>
>>26403570
The whole forced bios through gates also allowed the areas to be fleshed out and unique
>>
>Emerald
>Platinum
>HG/SS
>BW/B2W2
They're all the cream of the crop. Actual favorites may vary
>>
>>26403570
Every region but Hoenn had gates, and all are pretty equally united, other than Hoenn and Unova's deserts.

Kalos now, that's a mess.
>>
>>26403570
>Unova started the whole forced biome diversion through gates.

So fucking what? Sinnoh was literally CAVES: The Region, had the absolute worst navigation, bland cities, bland locales, and totally forgettable NPCs and characters. Unova could have been the most linear overworld in the existence of video game history and it would STILL shit all over Sinnoh.

Hoenn on the other hand wasn't quite as bad as Sinnoh, but it certainly wasn't as good as Unova either.
>>
File: 1442236510196.jpg (501 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1442236510196.jpg
501 KB, 960x1280
>>26403609
>Strawman
wew
>Prove it
You're the one who made the claim. Burden of proof is on you. Prove it.
>literally did
Maybe you're just brain dead or have Alzheimer's.
>prove it
See above.
>Fuck off, my money.
Nobody cares you're fucking poor.
>No true scotsman fallacy
Autism? Autism.
>Fuck off with your subjectivism, I'm only stating objective facts.
>objective facts
I've seen none.

>FUCK. OFF. No ONE CARES ABOUT YOU
Holy shit, you're fucking furious. Someone screenshot this thread, this is gold.
>>
File: m.png (151 KB, 396x382) Image search: [Google]
m.png
151 KB, 396x382
Why are Gen 5 fags so desperate
>>
5/100 - Story: Amazing, Sequels: Amazing, Characters Amazing, Pokemon TypeséMoves: Amazing, Pokemon Designs: worse than the worst mon in any other gen
>>
>>26403610
Forced diversity doesn't make areas more unique
>>
>>26403641
>Pokemon Designs: worse than the worst mon in any other gen
Alzheimer's?
>>
>>26403588
You're looking at this from the perspective of a gamist rather than a simulationist. Pokémon games are supposed to convey a world that is at least somewhat plausible. Having to grow berries inside of dreams is stupid. They didn't even give you a planter as a key item.

And the story did drop the ball a lot despite being one of the best stories in the games. Team Plasma had a lot of potential, and then they squandered it all in an attempt to make them too much like Team Rocket.
>>
>>26403597
>HM's are a good thing

This is what Hoennbabbies actually believe.
>>
>>26403658
>implying I even like Hoenn other than the Frontier, DexNav, and Soaring
>implying my favorite game isn't BW2

The only problem with HMs are them taking up moveslots. And even then Cut is the only one that's useless in battle.
>>
File: unova.jpg (812 KB, 2380x1500) Image search: [Google]
unova.jpg
812 KB, 2380x1500
Who /unova/ here?

Best motherfucking region.
>>
>>26403708
>In B/W you the game literally just leads you into a fucking circle around the region because they didn't want little kids to get lost
>Also three huge pointless bridges with nothing to do on

They did add some cool stuff to Unova in B2/W2 though.
>>
File: isshu-map.png (55 KB, 428x322) Image search: [Google]
isshu-map.png
55 KB, 428x322
>>26403757
>In B/W you the game literally just leads you into a fucking circle around the region because they didn't want little kids to get lost

While that might be true, the specific areas in Unova were quite spacious and there were a lot of individual nooks and crannies to explore. It also had probably more geographical diversity than most games in the series, so you really felt like you were making some progression when travelling throughout the region.

The bridges weren't that bad. The ones on the east side of Unova were particularly memorable.
>>
Personally, I liked all of them. I liked how hidden abilities were introduced in gen v, that was neet. But I was never one to play the game for the story. I liked how in oras we had access to lots of move tutor moves at the battle maison but the battle frontier would have been cooler to see in oras. But thats my opinion and I can see why everyone else has theirs.
>>
>>26403708
Were those windmills in original Unova?
Fuck I always forget just how much shit BW2 added. Fantastic sequels.
>>
>>26403514
>>26403533
This.
>>
Why the fuck do we get this thread everyday?
>>
>>26403612
This. These are literally fucking Skyrim in the Pokémon world, but with less death around every corner. (I kill alot in Skyrim)
>>
>>26403533
This is fact.
>>
I liked ORAS...

pls no persecute me
>>
>>26403971
same dont worry bb
>>
File: cunto.png (1 MB, 1024x698) Image search: [Google]
cunto.png
1 MB, 1024x698
>>26403757
cause kanto was much better right
>>
>>26403642
Oh fuck off, Unova and Sinnoh literally had some of the best designs ever. You idiots may not like him, but bitches eat lucario up! That's why he's in Smash.
>>
>>26403971
I liked them, but they weren't great
>>
>>26403484
When you replay these games, are you filled with delight every time an npc walks on screen to talk to you about the story?
>>
>>26403997
>not skipping Celadon and Saffron to get Surf so you can catch a Seel and revive an Aerodactyl for your team so you have a full one ASAP
>>
>>26403533
My nigga. DSbros need to stop arguing between eachother
>>
Alright guys so I suppose this is the best place to ask this since it probably doesn't deserve it's own thread and I don't want to start a war. I just picked Pokemon up again with White 2 because the last game I played was Soul Silver and I had a craving again. Loving the fuck out of it (loved the fuck out of SS too, for the record). How do the Gen VI games to both of these? And most importantly, are they worth buying a 3DS for?
>>
>>26403484
The best thing that happened to the franchise since gold and silver
>>
>>26404060
XY and ORAS are alright if you like Pokemon period, but ORAS isn't as good as any of the DS "later in the generation" entries and XY is only barely the same tier as the likes of BW1 and DP.
>>
>>26404060
No. X/Y sucks. Id get OR, but only because Hoenn in 3D, Primal Groudon, and other assorted new things.
>>
>>26404060
They're not on the same level as Platinum, HGSS or BW2, but they're worth getting a 3DS for, especially if you've got nothing to do all day. As somebody who had no expectations for Gen VI, I can say I was still let down by the emptiness of the postgame content.
>>
>>26403639
>wew
stopped reading there
>>
>>26404060
>spoiler
You may as well buy a 3DS for XY/ORAS/SM plus I have a feeling DP remakes will be on it.

But as for how they compare, XY/ORAS are pretty bad.
On their own they're fine though, just don't go in with great expectations.
If you're a shiny hunter you might love Gen 6 though.
You should play BW if you haven't, too.
IMO all the games in this series are worth a playthrough.
>>
>>26404060
You could skip over x/y in my opinion, if you liked gen 3 it might be worth picking up a used 3ds if thats all you are getting it for so its cheaper. There are some cool mechanics and I think the global link and gts servers for gen v were closed or shutdown or something so if you wanted hidden abilities you might need to use cheats as far as I know. Everyone correct me if im wrong or your opinion is right and mine is wrong :P <3
>>
>>26403484
Anon. They are the best games but they have their flaws.
>>
>>26404060
If you want to play competitive, ORAS is a good option with the (not right now)new megas and move tutors.

Personally i bought X and AS only because they are pokemon games, but didnt played so much because i got distracted to other games/things.

The bad side is mostly fps problems that even a new3ds cant handle and some people would argue about the story or content depending on the game, but in your case i would wait to sun and moon and enjoy white 2 while i can.
>>
>>26403654
>He pretends to be inside a Pokemon game
>He pretends to simulate Pokemon via game
>"simulationist"
I'm pretty sure the word you're looking for is "autist"
>>
>>26404101
Am I supposed to give a shit? Go blog post somewhere else.
>>
>>26404060
If you want to actually play Pokemon beyond the campaign, ORAS are the best you can get with all the improvements XY added for teambuilding and more
>>
>>26404151
You gave enough of a shit to reply
>>
>>26404131
Yeah like this guys said its pretty good for building competitive teams
>>
>>26403654
Don't bother responding to some underage kid that can't properly argue. Give them one chance, but don't reply seriously to their fallacious spergings or it will just be your loss.
>>
>>26404160
>implying its the same guy
>implying your are the same guy...
>>
>>26404160
No, I didn't.
>>
>>26404183
>implying
I'm not implying anything.
>its
>your are
FFS go back to school

>>26404184
You cared enough to reply.
>>
>>26403532
>6 is the first perfect number
Gen 6 confirmed literally perfect.
>>
>>26404131
>fps problems that even a new3ds cant handle
This is because the games weren't made for the New 3DS, and thus were not optimized to take advantage of the increased power. I'll be so fucking mad if Sun and Moon aren't New 3DS optimized, and knowing Game Freak, they probably won't put in the extra effort because the games will still sell like hotcakes.
>>
>>26404242
There still won't be 3D at all times so I would expect drops with it on
>>
>>26404203
No, I didn't.
>>
>>26404260
You cared enough to reply
>>
>>26404263
No, I didn't.
>>
>>26404323
You cared enough to reply
>>
>>26404259
Well, that doesnt a problem for me because i hate the 3d; i dont want to be blind yet, if that is my destiny.
>>
>>26404346
Yeah the 3D isn't really bad for your eyes but it's still a shit gimmick and it's particularly unremarkable in XY/ORAS so I won't be using it in SM anytime soon.

And honestly other than when I accidentally nudge the 3D slider on I never notice framerate drops outside of triples and rotation, so whatever.
>>
>>26404412
>I never notice framerate drops outside of triples and rotation, so whatever.
I never did either. In fact I was the same as you, didn't even know it was an issue until I acicdentally turned 3D on. I THINK later on in the game I may have noticed it with some moves but I don't recall if I actually did and with what moves.
>>
>>26404427
>>26404412
I only noticed some small frame drops when the camera is showing both battling pokemon front to front, but didnt bothered me too much to complain about it.
>>
>>26404085
>>26404086
>>26404092
>>26404106
>>26404110
>>26404131
>>26404158
Holy shit you guys ACTUALLY fell for the bait.
>>
>>26404336
No he didn't.
>>
Stop making threads about gen V, you're ruining my favorite gen.
>>
>>26404563
No, I'm actually interested in playing pokemon again.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.