[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My new pokemon project :)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: backdeep.jpg (174 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
backdeep.jpg
174 KB, 1191x670
Hey guys i'm making a new pokemon online multiplayer game in unity and c#... the question is ...
I should create sprites and tilemaps the old
(3 generation) or modern way(4+ generation) .. what you think ?
>>
>>26401083
>Hey guys i'm making a new pokemon online multiplayer game
lol
>>
>>26401083
>Ash
>>
>>26401083
Fuck off back to Kalos so you can lose the league
>>
Can you make 3D models? If so, go 3D. It's not that hard, and working in 3D is super easy in Unity.

If you can't and/or don't want to learn to model, just do it the old way, but Unity might not be the best idea for that. If you're going full 2D, Unity has a lot of overhead that you don't really need.

And a practical question: have you really thought about the scope of what you're trying to do here? Online multiplayer is pretty hard to implement, even in Unity, and making it Massively Multiplayer is even worse. Do you have any networking experience? If you don't, you might want to think long and hard about whether this is the project you want to pursue.
>>
>>26401277
Yes i have a lot of experience here ... i just wantted to ask this 4 the soft client experience .
>>
>>26401352
Well then: gen 4 all the way :-)
>>
We already have pokemmo but thank you, faggot
>>
Enjoy your visit from Nintendo's lawyers once you decide to charge for this.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.