[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will there be a difficulty setting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1453176126763.jpg (115 KB, 500x677) Image search: [Google]
1453176126763.jpg
115 KB, 500x677
In the new games, but unlike the mistake that it was in Gen 5, have it be unlocked from the very start. Something like: casual, normal, intense. The more difficult settings would see more Pokemon with items and fuller teams on trainers.

Just a thought to mix things up.
>>
>>26397794
>casual, normal, intense
How about trainer (normal), gym leader (hard), champion (very hard)? You know, just so little kids don't feel bad about themselves.
>>
>>26397859
That sounds good to me.
>>
>>26397794
>more grinding means more difficulty
>rngesus fucking you over

How do you make a pokemon game truly difficult and challenging, anyway?
>>
>>26397927
something something better AI something something more pokemon per trainer instead of the usual 1-3 most get.
>>
>>26397927
Others RPG makes that by buffing the Stats of the enemies. Or using a range of damage, in higher difficulties you deal less damage and take more.

This said, this can't be done in Pokémon since the same random encounters, enemies, bosses and everything you face, you can have it in your own team. Pokémon needs better AI to do it, but that needs a lot of work... And we're talking about Game Freak here.
>>
>>26397927
Like I said in the OP, have some variety with held items and a fuller roster on gym leaders/rivals. Doesn't have to be anything really gamebreaking, but would be nice if the opponents could surprise you with something you weren't anticipating occasionally.

The opponents don't have to be higher level, just less basic and predictable. You'll have the advantage at all times if you set the game to Switch.
Keep in mind, I'm just spitballing ideas here.
>>
>>26397965
Adding on to this, let's say there's an electric type gym in the new region. I would bring my ground types and try to set up an Earthquake sweep, but maybe the gym leader uses an air balloon on his ace.
Little stuff to change the monotony if the player wanted.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.