[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>People assume we're not getting third versions anymore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: newmanlaugh.gif (499 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
newmanlaugh.gif
499 KB, 500x375
>People assume we're not getting third versions anymore thanks to Gen 5 and 6
>Everyone buys Sun and Moon
>Even the poorfags and jews who normally wait for the better version, they've been wronged too many times before
>Game Freak end up announcing a clearly superior third version that adds more new features to the base game than Emerald and Platinum did combined
post yfw
>>
>playeduslikeadamnfiddle.jpg
>>
>>26392936
Doubt it. XY sold incredibly well and they didn't get a third version.

The third versions always sell like crap compared to the regular versions, it makes no sense to keep making them.
>>
File: image.gif (799 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
799 KB, 200x189
>>
>>26392936
There hasn't been a third version in eight years, get over it. We're never getting one again. Stupid false flagging Zfag.
>>
>>26392936
>BW2
>not a third version
love this meme
>>
>>26392947
I would agree, but only if they actually make the regular versions worth playing.
>>
>>26392980
Ah, another one of those faggots who has no idea what he's talking about when it comes to Gen 5.

Never played it before?

BW2 are direct sequels, two years following BW. New characters, new story, new cities, new gyms, new Pokemon, pretty much new everything. That's like saying GSC are third versions of RBGY.
>>
>>26392962
>false flagging
>Zfag
nice buzzwords and funposting, you retard

I know Z isn't happening, and I know Pokemon Jupiter/Mars/who fucking cares isn't going to happen either. I just thought it'd be fucking hilarious to see all the """"Zfags"""" get btfo if a third version /did/ happen in Gen 7
>>
>>26392997
I agree with you on the whole BW2 being more than just the third game, but GSC had new starters and a whole new region.
>>
>>26392947
>what is cost vs profit
Third versions take a fraction of effort to develop for a massive ROI. This is why mobile games got so popular in the first place.

The only reason GameFreak didn't follow up XY with Z was likely due to pressure from Nintendo trying to prolong the life of its dying handheld at least until NX rolls in next year. I wouldn't be surprised if gen 7 didn't get any third versions OR remakes since I doubt Nintendo would want a repeat of the BW2 vs 3DS scenario.
>>
>>26392936
>Even the poorfags and jews who normally wait for the better version
Pretty sure poorfags and jews would just mod their 3DS if they really wanted to save money considering it's so easy a child could do it.
>>
>>26392997
It was made on the same engine and took place in the same region. It's a third version, end of story.

>New characters, new story, new cities, new gyms, new Pokemon
These were all in Platinum in Emerald too, especially the former. I don't see how it's relevant whatsoever. The fact that the third versions have been one-upping themselves in added content has been a trend for generations. Take a look at how much Yellow added to the base games, then Emerald and then finally BW2. It might actually be a reason why Z wasn't made - they wanted to add so much, that at some point they realized they might as well go with an entirely new gen.

In other news, Frontier in Sun/Moon when
>>
File: 1454906395772.gif (2 MB, 250x205) Image search: [Google]
1454906395772.gif
2 MB, 250x205
>>26392936
I guess I'm buying 3 versions then. The only bad things I have heard so far are rumors from people with too much free time pretending to have leaks.
>>
>>26393109

A third version is a shared-Gen remake. An update of the paired versions. An UPDATE.

BW2 are direct sequels. As in, their base is not based on BW's at all.

>It was made on the same engine
BW/BW2 use the same engine as DPPL/HGSS, too.

>It's a third version, end of story.
This is amazing bait.

A third version is not a sequel. You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>26393159
>their base is not based on BW's at all
Stopped reading there

Unovabortions with their special snowflake delusions are quickly approaching genwunners as the single most obnoxious part of the fanbase
>>
>>26393273
>Unovabortions with their special snowflake delusions are quickly approaching genwunners as the single most obnoxious part of the fanbase
Approaching? I'd say they've long since gone past genwunners, all the genwunners have been humbled by being the fanbases laughing stock for the last 4+ years. Unovabortions still run around unhindered spouting their bullshit at every corner
>>
I used to be a poorfag who had to wait.
Now I am a hackfag and it's great.

I'm still a poorfag too though.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.