[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck do people assume Popplio is a clown? No, I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: Pokemon-SunMoon-Starter-Popplio.png (254 KB, 600x441) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-SunMoon-Starter-Popplio.png
254 KB, 600x441
Why the fuck do people assume Popplio is a clown?

No, I'm being serious. Why are retards jumping to that conclusion? He's clearly meant to a performer, or an acrobat, if you ask me.

>B-but he's a got a clown nose
It's a ball on his nose, to symbolize the tricks that performance seals do with bouncing balls on their nose.

>B-but the ruffles on his neck
These are design elements of many different kinds of circus attire, and uniforms. In popplio's official art, he is seen doing acrobatic performances, not making anybody laugh like a fucking clown. His pokedex entry talks about how he practices to perform, but he is not a clown, rather another kind of entertainer. I honestly didn't understand why people were calling him a clown for like days after the announcement.

tl;dr: There's no reason to think he's a clown, and if you think he is you're wrong and are in for a rude awakening this November.
>>
>in for a rude awakening

More like a pleasant surprise.
>>
>>26392423
>IF YOU THINK SOMETHING I DON'T THINK YOU'RE WRONG AND DUMB

I agree with you but stop this shit. It makes you look like an obnoxious asshat.
>>
Senpai logic is not allowed here. Please leave.
>>
>>26392445
I'm just teasing, pal.

I just want everyone to know he's not a clown!
>>
For the same reason we keep getting shitty turd leaks everyday.
Because most of the fandom lack eye for detail and like to jump to the easiest conclusion.
That's also why most leak drawings are made by shortsighted morons who keep doing the same thing over and over, and expect you to believe them.

Daily reminder that GameFreak (lately) has a boner for mixing things up, like when everybody expected Froakie's bubbles to stay, or Fennekin to remain bipedal.
>>
bump

(like what popplio would do with a ball on his nose because he's a performer and not a clown)
>>
>>26392586
That's just how it's designed. They don't NEED to keep either the nose nor the neck ruffles. Just look at Oshawott's ridiculous face, or Wartortle's sudden ears and fluffy tail...
>>
>>26392829
Now hold on lets not be hasty. The frill mane is cute as is that nose so I hope it stays.
>>
I masturbated to the thought of Popplio stuffing me in a bubble and playing around with me while I couldn't get out.
>>
File: Popplio.jpg (1022 KB, 927x1200) Image search: [Google]
Popplio.jpg
1022 KB, 927x1200
>>26392423
Dude, they were all just clowning around(^;]
>>
>>26392913
Don't you dare show me this shit, clowns are fucking horrible
>>
>>26392876
I just pointed those out because you don't necessarily have to fit them into the evolution's design.

They could go into a natural progression, like Bulbasaur's bulb, or be gone completely like I exemplified earlier.
>>
>>26392924
Why would you admit your weakness here? Of all places?
That's like painting a target on yourself.
You know what? Fuck you. No clowns.
>>
>>26392924
Lol, I feel you.
You make some good points.
It does feel more like a performer from circus - which, as you mentioned, isn't necessarily a clown. Clowns don't do flips or flourishes. That being said, we'll have to see it's evos for the final verdict.
>>
>>26392958
Yeah, I feel like people jumped to conclusions and then everyone just went along with it, it sucks because popplio is my favorite starter and people keep going "hurr hurr he's a clown he sucks"

>>26392952
Good, I don't want to see a clown if I don't have to
>>
>>26392998
>Good, I don't want to see a clown if I don't have to
You can't bait me you son of a bitch! No clowns means no fucking clowns!
>>
>>26393014
Sounds good to me, buddy! Thanks for understanding. Who said /vp/ isn't a nice place!
>>
>>26392423
OP, did it not occur to you that clowns are always performers and very often acrobats?
>>
>>26393124
Yeah and all chickens were once eggs, what is your point?
>>
File: 0615_CCLO_circus7.jpg (2 MB, 3000x1997) Image search: [Google]
0615_CCLO_circus7.jpg
2 MB, 3000x1997
>>26393167
But all eggs are birds and are very often chickens.

>popplio not learning acrobatics
>>
File: KTD_Circus.png (4 MB, 2480x2905) Image search: [Google]
KTD_Circus.png
4 MB, 2480x2905
This is the Circus ability from Kirby Triple Deluxe.
You get the ability by inhaling a clown-like enemy.
You can perform acrobatic moves and blow balloons, ride on balls, etc, while using this ability. Things that both clowns and acrobats do.
This is an example of Nintendo's designers interpreting the 'circus' theme into a character design.
I actually plan on picking Popplio as my starter, but I know that they designed it to resemble a clown in some way, and I expect its evolutions to show some of those characteristics as well.
Don't be autistic OP.
>>
>>26393088
>muh safe space
>learn muh non-clown pronouns, please

cle/cler/clem
>>
>clowns can't do performer type tricks
>clowns can't do acrobatic stuff
Huh?
>>
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 1300x1300
>>26392423
I've said this since day 1. It's not a circus trio, it's an entertainment trio

>1. Popplio is the circus performer

>2. Rowlett is the 1910s slapstick comedian
He has the Charlie Chaplain bow tie and his big nose and eyes make him look like he's wearing pic related

>3. Litten is the ???

This is where I draw a blank.
>>
>>26393235
>>26393254
>>26393262

I'm so tired of all the fucking clown apologists on this board, how fucking stupid do you have to be to enjoy that shit, I saw Bozo the clown as a kid and knew it was retarded and fake
>>
But Rowlet is Robin, Litten is Catwoman and Popplio is Joker.
Lunaala is Batman and Solgaleo is Superman. Keep this in mind.
>>
>>26393389
Sounds like you were molested by a clown as a child.
>>
>>26393398
They just aren't fucking funny, it makes no sense how their profession is still around, hiring a clown to make you laugh is like going to a doctor who makes you sick.
>>
>>26393417
Tell me where he honked you.
>>
>>26393389
>because I don't flip out like an autist at a certain thing
>I enjoy a certain thing

>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>26393426
I'm not honking around, I'm being honking serious when I say I don't understand why people like clowns or why Game Freak would further the clown agenda in their games.
>>
>>26393450
>I don't understand why people like a thing
>so why do other people like things I don't like?
>it must be a conspiracy
>>
>>26393417
I like clowns. Do I think they're funny? Not really. Have they ever made me laugh? Nah, not that I can remember.

I like the concept of them, because the world needs a bit of happiness

The whole "clowns are scary" is a meme anyways.
>>
>>26393463
You're just indoctrinated by the SJWs (Silly Joke Warriors) and the liberal pro-clown agenda, you fucking sheep

>>26393464
The world would be a happier place with less clowns in it
>>
>>26393490
>six million clowns! six million clowns!

you're falling into the clown jew's trap
>>
>>26393450
It's a theme. When designing fictional creatures/characters, taking inspiration from things in real life and implementing them into an organic design is one way of making an interesting and 'original' character design.
You're autistic.
>>
>>26393490
>implying you don't think like a silly joke warrior who can't fathom why people like things they don't like
>>
>>26393509
Incorporating something horrendous like clowns into a design poisons something that could have been good forever.

Take bozo's cock out of your mouth for a second and try and tell me how adding a fucking clown to anything can improve it.

>>26393517
If the big shoe fits
>>
You might want to look up what a "clown-acrobat" is. Most clowns use acrobatic stunts in their acts. That collar is SPECIFICALLY for clowns. Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>26393294
It's because you're an idiot and don't know what you're talking about. "big nose"? It's a small beak, for fuck's sake. Litten shoots cannon balls and has a fuse for a tail, it's the daredevil theme. Popplio is clearly a clown-acrobat. And Rowlet's mask and "formalwear" is clearly indicative of a ringleader. Fuck yourself, if you have to stretch that hard on one of them and draw a complete blank on another, you should reexamine your dumbass shit-for-brains theory, and what's more, reexamine your reasons for living.
>>
>>26393167
My point is OP reasoning is weak, and he's dismissing a distinct possibility because he has some sort of weird personal vendetta against clowns. His whole point with the nose is contradicted by the image he chose to post.
>>
>>26393389

>it can't be a clown because I hate clowns WAHHHHHH
>>
>>26393294
Litten is the "Man-Eating Tiger" act
>>
File: Fucking Fag.png (119 KB, 1899x567) Image search: [Google]
Fucking Fag.png
119 KB, 1899x567
Can't wait to post this all over the fuckin' board when November comes out and you get to eat your shit covered words OP.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.