[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Through the infinite depth of my stupidity, I skipped Generation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: OneIslad.png (207 KB, 647x549) Image search: [Google]
OneIslad.png
207 KB, 647x549
Through the infinite depth of my stupidity, I skipped Generation 5 (a combination of losing interest in the series, starting a new job, and mental health problems at the time). I've played every other generation, and after the disappointment of gen 6 I figured it was high time I went back to it.

With that said, I don't have it in me to play the same region twice in a row. B2/W2 obviously has more content, but at the same time is probably dependent on having a working knowledge of B1/W1?

Basically, if I only could play one, which should it be? Are the sequels in any way similar to a third version, in that I could get the best of the generation? Or would I be seriously jew-ing myself by not playing the original BW?

Pic not particularly related
>>
If you can only play one, you might as well play BW2 since it has more content and features. BW1's main story is really cool but it's not a big deal to miss it.
>>
>>26390780
They're pretty samey. Just pick whichever looks more interesting and go to town.
>>
BW2 has more content and you don't need to know BW1 to understand it.

BW1 forces you to use only gen 5 mons until after the league. This was fun and exciting at launch, but I don't know if you'll be able to get the same experience today. Especially if you already know a lot of them via gen 6 or /vp/.
>>
>>26390780
It's a tough call for me but I'll narrow it down to

>Would you like the best plot of the mainline games, 5th gen only Pokemon, and a more challenging rival?
Pick Black or White

Or

>Would you like Pokemon from all regions available, a Prototype Dex Nav, and a better post game with Pokemon World Tournament?

Pick B2/W2

I know that might sound biased towards the latter but I haven't finished my copy of W2 while I have finished White.
>>
>>26390780
Well they aren't exactly the same region, they change things up a decent amount, with older stuff in postgame (and one route completely blocked off) I would say play both
>>
>>26390780
Play Pokemon Black like gen 6 doesn't exist yet and just immerse yourself in a region and Pokemon entirely their own
>>
>>26390925
No they're not. Bw2 is infinitely better with more to do, more places to visit and takes itself way less seriously.
>>
Black 2 my friend, PWT is too good to pass up
>>
If it's only one like you say, it should be the sequel. Less linear (not by much), better post game. You can pick up a working knowledge of the first game story just by skimming some wiki, although you will miss out on a lot of the little touches like this route changing between the games, or that character having grown up etc.
>>
>>26390780
Play BW first, THEN play BW2. You will appreciate BW2 ten-fold if you play it second
>>
IMO the experience of BW1 with only new Pokemon was incredibly fresh, but I guess they won't necessarily be new for you since you've played XY...
>>
>>26390780
Basically do you want a totally new experience, or one that includes previous pokemon?
>>
>>26390780
That's not One Island
>>
>>26390946
>>26391863
>>26391915
Yeah, I don't think the '150 only' experience of Black and White will wow me now that I've played the Gen 6 games. Although it's kinda funny because in a way it worked in reverse: although I can still see the metric fuck-ton of flaws with Generation 6, I was incredibly happy with the amount of Pokemon I didn't recognize on my first playthrough of X and Y.

I'm considering looking online for a hack of Black/White that contains more than just Unova Pokemon pre-E4.

>>26391940
It's a fan version of One Island from some fangame in development, I think. Hence the DS tileset and the fence blocking off the bottom part
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.