[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you started playing pokemon after you grew up? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1463602278891.png (66 KB, 850x630) Image search: [Google]
1463602278891.png
66 KB, 850x630
How many of you started playing pokemon after you grew up? I'm wondering how much nostalgia has to do with its popularity and if the series actually brings in new people.
>>
>>26389839
Started playing with gen 6. I'm retired and wanted to play something that didn't require reflexes.
>>
Was actually extremely late to the party, started playing around 2012. I remember the Hoenn anime being on the TV when I was a kid and I just wasn't interested.
>>
>starting playing pokemon at age 3 in 1998

to be honest i can't imagine anyone picking up this series that wasn't born into it
>>
Always been a fan of the series but could never play them due to....reasons

My first unoffical games were fire red and emerald rom in like....2010 at 18
Black was my first actual pokemon game like a year later. I was very late to the party
>>
>>26389839
>implying you ever stop growing up

Because a 30 year old is the exact same as an 80 year old, right?
>>
>>26389839

I started playing at 13 when FRLG came out. Not sure if that counts as "after you grew up".
>>
>>26389839
I started when it started, I was 3, my younder sister when she was 13.
She made me realise that wanting recoloured animals as pokemon only was retarted.
My girlfriend started when she was 21, she pointed out how lame charizard was compared to all starters.
I feel that the series overall improved
>>
I started late, with D/P while in college.
>>
File: 1463541832726.gif (770 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1463541832726.gif
770 KB, 500x375
I started playing when red and blue were out.
I stopped playing after Hoenn because i just didnt have time for it and i got interested in other things
Picked it up again recently when x and y came out
Ive still never played sinnoh or unova
>>
>>26390725
>never played sinnoh
My favourite gen. Hopefully will ger a reboot soon
>>
Started with Gen 5 while I was waiting for Gen 6 to come out. I always wanted to play as a kid but couldnt. Since my parents were convinced that pokemon was the devil.

No nostalgia. Just a long wanting to play the games the. Finally buying one when I was 18.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.