[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 16
File: tumblr_mtt7o1lPpY1rs16j9o1_400.png (40 KB, 292x354) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mtt7o1lPpY1rs16j9o1_400.png
40 KB, 292x354
What went wrong?
>>
File: Pokemonfag.jpg (88 KB, 498x280) Image search: [Google]
Pokemonfag.jpg
88 KB, 498x280
A lot. They need to shut down their fucking page
>>
Well for starters, their mothers' abortions.
>>
delta stream
>>
Stall
>>
>>26389421
Its existence
>>
>>26389421
Anal compulsive autists who want the game to be played only a certain way.
>>
>>26389421
Trying to play a game that doesn't know how to be balanced by its creators (mega Fug)
>>
People with no friends play it to battle other people with no friends.
>>
Nothing
>>
>>26389545
Smogonfag triggered
>>
>>26389555(you)
>a person saying a one word response

>being triggered
>>
>>26389570
>a person saying a one word response

>being triggered

Isnt that how a person reacts to a statement?
>>
File: dude pudding lmao.jpg (17 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
dude pudding lmao.jpg
17 KB, 300x250
>>26389421
>playing showdown
>in the middle of a match
>get a crit or something, I can't remember
>opponent spergs out and starts spouting 4chan insults like "cuck" at me
>disable chat forever
>quit playing showdown later that week, never to come back

Feels excellent m8
>>
>>26389421
Better than Primal Groudon + Xerneas anyway.
VGC has been shit since X/Y, at least there is something else to play, even if everything is shit in there too.
>>
>>26389606
But he called them triggered and that's what I didn't get
>>
File: sabletran.png (8 KB, 351x55) Image search: [Google]
sabletran.png
8 KB, 351x55
OU is pretty fun

pic related is my current team, works pretty well
>>
>>26389703
>Genie heatran and M-sableye
>>
Smogon doubles is pretty good, more people should play it
>>
>>26389724
Msab + tran combo is really good
LO torn is just a solid mon for wearing shit down
>>
>>26389703
Looks pretty great except for the Latios, which I think is your weakpoint. Free kill by Ttar and you would want to replace that slot for something that can stand up to Fairies that don't care about Heatran, like Azumarill and Mega Altaria, the latter of which can 6-0.

An Amoonguss in that slot would probably help you out a lot for example, barring the lack of hazard removal.
>>
>>26389421
Just look at the Mascots. Johto fags are the worst. They are satisfied with there 6 hour region
>>
>>26389421
Admins attempting (and probably succeeding) to molest children
>>
>>26389762
>doubles
>ever
>>
It was created
>>
>>26389441
>>26389450
>>26389470
>>26389519
>>26389537
>>26389545
>>26389606
I can bet money that none of you actually know how Smogon works, and you aren't higher than about 1100 on the ladder.

Jesus Christ, a lot of man babies lately on this board. I thought summer hasn't started yet.
>>
>>26394870

>it's a "replies to everyone with a contrarian post" post
>>
>>26389421
Smogon has no face
>>
>>26394922
>Contrarian

You do realize that Anti-Smogon fags are all underage shitposters on Reddit and gamefaqs? The vast majority of Pokemon players play Smogon formats.
>>
>>26395026
>people will be hooked by this
>>
>>26395026
You seriously think that more people play on Showdown that they do online with a real 3DS? Are you retarded? Anyway, what went wrong with Smogon is stall. The people in charge are too stupid to recognize overpowered stall mons. And so they've created a terrible meta.
>>
>>26395041
Shouldn't you be in school right now?
>>
>>26395050
The stall issue is certainly real, but the problem with that is most of Smogon is played in singles format, where stall is unavoidable. Stall does not exist in Smogon doubles, which is proof that it's not the fault of "Smogon" that stall exists, it's the fault of singles format in general. Underagefags constantly crying "WOW omg Smogon won't ban stealth rock even though it's OVERCENTRALIZING XDXDXD" doesn't help. Any expierienced player would know that entry hazards are needed for a singles metagame.
>>
>>26395097
Stall existing is not the problem, gamefreak specifically made stall mons like Chansey, the problem is Smogon bans the most powerful offensive mons that could beat stall, while leaving the most powerful stall mons such as Chansey and Mega Sableye alone, which has made stall unbeatable.
>>
>>26389703
But anon, /vp/fags don't allow you to play the way you like to! M-muh Bros! You don't even have muh creative shitmon in your team! You're doing it wrong! WRONG!
>>
>>26395137
That's probably because Chansey can't do much aside from taking hits and toxic stall. Knock Off doesn't make life easier for it too.
That aside, there are at least 50 viable stall/wallbreakers listed in the Smogon role compendium. If you can't find one, look it up. Might be worth a shot.
>>
>>26389421
Koffing doesn't have a face
>>
>>26395266
>there are at least 50 viable stall/wallbreakers

No there's not. And stall has been and will continue to top the OU ladder. You will always find the top winning OU user using stall.
Here's a match from the current top winning player, showing he uses stall, pdcyoutube2.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-374071751

>That's probably because Chansey can't do much aside from taking hits and toxic stall.

This is the stupidity of smogon, who can't recognize an overpowered mon unless it hits hard. They can't recognize when something walls too much. Because of this, stall is overpowered and no one can hope to get to the top without using stall. Which is why I don't play, I hate stall, makes the game take too long, but I don't have a fair shake at winning unless I use it.
>>
>>26389519

Why is that bad? Do you barge into Texas Hold'em games and denounce them for not playing Blackjack?
Smogon never forced anyone to play their meta, those who wanted to arranged a fight between them on their forums. They're autistic as fuck, sure, that's why they had literal mathematicians and coders dissect the games and made a battle emulator for their own use.

I honestly don't understand the ire people have for Smogon. It's like some kids playing in the corner then people like you walking up to them telling they're shit and ruining your experience. You're like a tumblr SJW crybaby bitching about things you have no involvement in.
>>
Wait, am I allowed to play Pokemon casually?
>>
>>26389421
autists seriously considering some shitty emulator with home rules being any sort of authority
>>
>>26395319
Stall is good on ladder because is tedious to play against and people tend to make mistakes and choke against it. The only defensive pokemon that could be considered overpowered is actually Clefable and even that's a stretch.

Also do you realize that that guy forfeits, right?
>>
>>26395429
Yea he lost that one match, he's still the most winning player in OU. No it's good on ladder because its the most effective playstyle given the rules and bans smogon has set forth. No Clefable is nothing, the best stall mon specifically is Mega Sableye and also Chansey is too much as well. Actually neither would be overpowered if Smogon hadn't banned offensive mons on their level, but they did and now both of them rule the game, as you can see the top player uses them both on his team. Your blindness to what is an overpowered stall mon, and only being able to think as "durr it hits hard so it's overpowered, this one doesn't so it's not" is the same idiocy of smogon and why stall rules the game.
>>
>>26395319
>stall is viable for the first times in years after hyper offense retarded saturation
>children whining about it because for fucking once since gen 2 Hyper Offense isn't the strongest style
>>
>>26395484
>expecting zero attention span autistic manchildren to behave any other way
>>
>>26395484
I only got into competitive pokemon in Gen 5, but I hear Skarmory / Blissey stall teams ruled during Gen 4 Smogon rules. Seems like Smogon has a knack for making stall overpowered. And stall is not just "viable" it's overpowered and nothing else has a chance of competing against it. You're literally wasting your time if you're not using stall.
>>
Getting pissed at stall is my litmus test for children.
HO dominates the meta for a decade and you buttfucks don't complain. Stall is good for 1 year and now you can't shut up about it.
>>
>>26395511
Skarm and Bliss weren't stall. They were the only defensive core that was viable because everything got blown the fuck out by the power creeped offense and usable mixed attackers were rare.
Having a defensive core =/= you're running stall
Gen 4 was suicide leads and meme teams.
>>
>>26395512
>HO dominates the meta for a decade

Except that never happened retard. You must be a stall player. They always say retarded lies like this and like "Hoopa U destroys an entire playstyle" even while stall was the most powerful style.
>>
Smogon views stall as the most "intelligent" and "sophisticated" of the three major playstyles so of course they want to keep it at top. HO only really came into its own in Gen V. Gen IV stall was still king expecially after the garchomp and salamence bans.
>>
>>26395563
>>26395536
Excellent revisionism.
Gen 4 was the most balanced meta and things were actually fairly equal in power after the chomp ban.
>>
>>26395563
>Smogon views stall as the most "intelligent" and "sophisticated" of the three major playstyles

Which is stupid because it's literally the most mindless playstyle ever. Just switch into whichever one of your 6 pokemon assuredly walls whichever one your opponent has out. When your opponent switches, just use a status move. You fuck up, oh you took 25% damage instead of 8%. HO is the most intelligent playstyle, where you can't fuck up or else your pokemon dies immediately. Stall vs Stall is just 200+ turns of doing the obvious.
>>
File: Hoopa_Unbound.png (276 KB, 731x577) Image search: [Google]
Hoopa_Unbound.png
276 KB, 731x577
Imagine if a perfect cure was invented for cancer. It is unable to fail and has no side effects, at least not negative. It is cheap to produce, meaning that the entire world's population could easily get a piece of the cure.

Now imagine if a Smogonfag snuck in and destroyed every piece of this anti-cancer cure and destroyed the data on it, stopping all production on the cure and preventing cancer patients from getting cured. Now imagine if they justified it by saying that it made cancer too weak.

This is literally the Smogonfag's argument against Hoopa-U.
>>
>>26395582
>Gen 4 UU was the most balanced meta
Fixed that for you
>>
>>26395597
Except Hoopa-U was also fucking up HO teams as well dumbass
>>
>>26395582
>Gen 4 was the most balanced meta
>HO dominates the meta for a decade

Do you think before you type? Anyway I'm although I never played it, I'm going to assume based on everyone's complaints of Skarmory / Blissey, that stall dominated Gen 4 smogon as well.
>>
>>26395620
Hyper Offense was only slightly stronger than others during gen 4.
People complain about Skarm/Bliss, but those were basically the only defensive pokemon you'd ever see because they just straight up outclassed everything else. You couldn't make a stall team just having skarmbliss. It was simply a defensive and utility core. Balance teams used them as much as stall.
>>
>>26395597
Hoopa U wasn't enough to sufficiently fight back against stall, after all the other anti-stall pokemon smogon banned, but it definitely kept it in check a little. Now it's banned and Quagsire and Amoongus are OU and stall is unbeatable.
>>
>>26395620
It didn't

Skarmory / Blissey was Gen 3. Gen 4 was mostly suicide lead or Sand.
>>
>>26395637
A hyper offensive team would not have Skarmory and Blissey, if those 2 were the most powerful and effective in Gen 4, then hyper offensive did not dominate. Most likely it was stall. Anyway I don't know about the past beyond gen 5, but I know now with smogon, stall is overpowered.
>>
>>26395489
>implying stallfags arent the autistic ones
>>
>>26395660
http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue19/forgotten_strategies

>With that said, we'll begin with two of the most irritating and common strategies seen in Gen 4: SkarmBliss and GyaraVire.
>>
Leftovers should be banned.
>>
>>26395050

Yes. In terms of smogon players, waay more people play on showdown than they do on WiFi. That is not a debate. And to be honest, I dont know why any smogon players would still even want to play on WiFi
>>
>>26395319

>Chansey
>overpowered

Oh boy....
>>
>>26395763
Idk being able to wall every offensive special attacker in the game seems pretty overpowered to me.
>>
>>26395918
Keldeo.
>>
File: HAHAH XD.gif (396 KB, 350x434) Image search: [Google]
HAHAH XD.gif
396 KB, 350x434
>>26389450
>>
>>26395319
>>there are at least 50 viable stall/wallbreakers
>No there's not. And stall has been and will continue to top the OU ladder. You will always find the top winning OU user using stall.
>Here's a match from the current top winning player, showing he uses stall, pdcyoutube2.
>http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-374071751
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-ou-role-compendium-v2.3541745/
If you count different sets on the same Pokemon, you actually have almost a hundred stall/wallbreakers.

>>That's probably because Chansey can't do much aside from taking hits and toxic stall.
>This is the stupidity of smogon, who can't recognize an overpowered mon unless it hits hard. They can't recognize when something walls too much. Because of this, stall is overpowered and no one can hope to get to the top without using stall. Which is why I don't play, I hate stall, makes the game take too long, but I don't have a fair shake at winning unless I use it.
>what are physical attackers
>what is Knock Off

Seriously, if you don't just fill your team with special Attackers, you'll get around Chansey.
Sure it's a good Pokemon and all, but it also completely stops any momentum you could have had if you send it out. But okay, tell me what makes Chansey so overpowered that it should be banned. Is it the Toxic? Is it it's mighty Base 5 Attack? Or is it, because it can sponge some special attacks and recover the damage?
>>
>>26395685
Just reintroduce item clause.
Stall has 2 reliable recovery items, but HO has Life Orb, 3 choice items, the plates and Focus Sash. And Gamefreak could release the gems already.
>>
File: 250px-707Klefki.png (42 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-707Klefki.png
42 KB, 250x250
>>
>>26395595
>Implying playing stall is like that

Don't act like you know how to play stall if you've never done it. I mainly play Ubers HO, but I've tried stall in both OU and Ubers and it's extremely difficult. You have to think 5 rounds ahead at any given time.
>>
>>26389421
Everything. Meta's broken, they're all a bunch of winey bitches that argue amongst themselves and as soon as they're proven wrong by an item, a single move, or a single mon, they ban said thing that's proven them wrong, and the person who used it.
>>
File: 1462291406638.jpg (10 KB, 180x157) Image search: [Google]
1462291406638.jpg
10 KB, 180x157
>>26396409
>Not knowing at all how bans and the tiering system works

>Thinking Smogon is some sort of commitee instead of a democratic voting system

You shouldn't be on your phone in class, underagefag.
>>
retards found out that their bro is NU and took that as an insult
>>
>>26396433
>A democratic voting system.

With a skewed bias towards sucking SmogDick.

You think Conservatives can be easily swayed by the arguments of a Liberal? or Visa-versa? They vote for their own like-minded representatives.

When the pool of available voters is pulled from a control group, you can't expect true democratic results. SmogFags will vote for what sounds good for the Smogon Meta, as deemed BY SmogFags.
>>
>>26397200
>SmogFags will vote for what sounds good for the Smogon Meta, as deemed BY SmogFags.
Oh no, what a disaster. The people who use smogon get to play how they want to play. I HAVE TO STOP THIS.
>>
/vp/
>>
Literally banning anything they don't like.
Trying to ban Perish Song was some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen. Literally the only way you can get done by it effectively is Mega Gengar and that's tucked away up in Ubers anyway. If you're dumb enough to get done in by it you deserve to lose.
>>
>>26397323
>Trying to ban Perish Song
When did this happen?
>>
>>26395041

It's true though, because most people are casual so most players would play Showdown.

>No grinding
>No tedious breeding for perfect mons

Would casuals rather invest 2 days into making a 6 mon team or log onto PS and get a match in 15 minutes?
>>
Muh 50-50s getting Mawile banned, same on Shadow Tag users. Even though the whole game will be based on guessing and predicting what the other player will do, and in a lot of circumstances, it will all come down to one of them getting the guess right over the other's possibly accurate otherwise guess.
>>
>>26395484

The masses hate stall. You don't have the right to dictate popular opinion. We should just round up all stall players and perform a figurative French Revolution.

>Stall players = aristocracy
>Everyone else = starving proletariat

Bust out them guillotines!
>>
>>26389703
>4 legendaries

Dude, that's like... just the faggiest thing, man...
>>
>>26395595

I don't know why they don't just treat it like Baton Pass, and claim it's the "solved" playstyle. That fucking team, you know the one I mean. M-Sableye, Chansey, Skarmory, Amoonguss, Quagsire, filler. The team has an answer for everything except maybe King's Rock Grass Knot Bisharp.

Just treat it like denisSsS' BP team and ban it. Over and over again with revisions to the clause if need be.
>>
File: 1463283374037.jpg (18 KB, 428x469) Image search: [Google]
1463283374037.jpg
18 KB, 428x469
>>26389421
>Banning Greninja
>Stall
>Created a bunch of faggots that will only ever play by smogon rules and expects everyone to know what they are

Other then those three things, I have no major complaints, it's an okay system. Banning Greninja is some grade-A bullshit tho
>>
>>26389421
>ban greninja
>not ban the bravest bird
>>
>>26396433
That's cute, you think you actually know how it works. Yeah, it's a voting system, but only people that are of a certain level can vote.
>>
>>26397706
the ladder is reset before every decision. Everyone has to reach that level to be allowed to vote. That way the scrubs ae kept out.
>>
>>26397743
So it's literally stallfags squashing anything that might oppose their iron fisted rule.
>>
>>26397706
>>26397743
So can we admit that they banned Bibarrel/Bidoof from ubers because it was too strong but because they don't like the idea of a design people don't like actually being strong?

seriously
>widely considered worst pokemon ever during gen 4
>actually becomes good
>NONONONO BANNED FOREVER
>WE HAVE TO USE LOOP HOLE SO IT CAN EVEN BE USED IN UBERS, WHICH IS JUST A FANCY NAME FOR A BAN LIST
>BANNED FROM THE FUCKING BAN LIST

If this pokemon was a dragon instead of a beaver, it would still be in the OU.
>>
>le stall is unbeatable
This is what retards actually think
>>
>>26398063
>>26398063
wait, sorry didn't mean to quote anybody.

*can't even be used in ubers
>>
>>26398063
Well, guess I'll take the bait.

Are you really this retarded, or just pretending? The ability "Moody" is banned, not Bidoof. Shitters like you are pure cancer.
>>
>>26397743
And by scrubs, you mean those people who don't abuse the cookie cutter meta, right?

This is why smogon is the cancer that it is. It is nothing more than a circlejerk under the guise of a 'democratic' community.
>>
File: fk5xsW2.png (190 KB, 947x352) Image search: [Google]
fk5xsW2.png
190 KB, 947x352
>>26398063
>So can we admit that they banned Bibarrel/Bidoof from ubers because it was too strong but because they don't like the idea of a design people don't like actually being strong?
it's not banned from Ubers
>>
>>26398126
But really, why is moody even banned when you can only use it on smeargle and the 'doof anyway?

Sure, skill swap is a thing, but you still have to wait a turn for each stat boost, and even then it might get taken right back the next turn.
>>
>>26398132
>Simple
>>
>>26398131
No, by Scrubs I mean retards who use Eviolite Slowbro - shit like this is also the reason why only the stats over a certain cut-off point are used to determine tiers

>>26398156
>missing the point
>>
>>26398126
Bidoof and Bibarrel were already confined to ubers. There was no reason to ban moody except out of pure spite.
>>
>>26398131
There's a certain amount of wins you have to get, basically. You don't have to top the ladder, but still--you need to be good. Not every team is the same, and if you actually went on the ladder you'd know that.
Even then, if you use a cookie cutter team to ladder, you can still vote to go against whatever's going on.

>>26398149
>why is moody even banned
Bidoof gets thunder wave, protect and sub. With moody granting evasion, attack boosts and speed, the whole match becomes a series of coinflips unless you bring things to specifically stop it.
Smeargle, on the other hand, can, say, substitute/protect stall for boosts and then baton pass safely to a sweeper of choice.
>>
>>26398248
But Skill Swap requires a Bidoof/Bibarrel, but they were in ubers. They were already banned.

Saying they're unfair makes no sense. Not being fair is the entire point of Ubers. It isn't a competitive tier, even if people play with them. Ubers is a banlist.

Pokemon dominate Ubers all the time. because again, being fair isn't the point of ubers.

But it's only a problem when it's a little beaver that people don't like that dominates ubers apparently.
>>
>>26398063
Bidoof wasn't what was good, it was the ability.

>If this pokemon was a dragon instead of a beaver, it would still be in the OU.

lmao sure kid just like what they did for mega fug or mega salamence
>>
>>26398326
>But Skill Swap requires a Bidoof/Bibarrel, but they were in ubers.
What? I didn't say anything about Skill Swap.

>Saying they're unfair makes no sense.
It's not that they're unfair, it's that whenever something either A) turns the game into waiting on rolls to decide victory or B) makes the meta overcentralize on one broken thing is when things need to change. As stated before, Moody (coupled with Twave, sub, and/or protect especially) turned the game into waiting on rolls, since there's not much you can do against it other than wait. Especially when Evasion comes into play.

>Not being fair is the entire point of Ubers.
No, it's just to keep things that are too strong for OU out of OU. Same for the relationship with OU to UU, etc etc.

>It isn't a competitive tier, even if people play with them.
If it wasn't, there wouldn't be a ranking system. But there is.

>Pokemon dominate Ubers all the time.
Such as?
Ubers isn't overcentralized at the moment. Even Xerneas back in X/Y days had numerous things to stop it.

>But it's only a problem when it's a little beaver that people don't like that dominates ubers apparently.

Don't take it personally just because your bro shifted tiers for just a little bit. Christ. Moody was what got banned, not Bidoof.
Besides, Bidoof is RU now, so you can basically use it in any tier.
>>
>>26397200

>SmogFags will vote for what sounds good for the Smogon Meta, as deemed BY SmogFags.

Yeah, how dare smogonfags vote for what they want in THEIR meta. What an outrage!
>>
>>26397254
>>26398985
So you're okay with selfishness?

If Smogon were ideal people, they would vote for what's good for everyone else, not themselves. If casual players wanted Greninja unbanned, then they should unban the shit out of Greninja, not leave him banned because of their own personal selfish desires.
>>
>>26398131

No, "scrubs" as people who are either terrible/ have next to know knowledge about the meta. Someone like yourself for example being able to vote, just because "b-but my bro is fine, why ban it?" is a reason why there is a requirement to vote
>>
>>26396404
No you don't you must be literally retarded if you think that. You must be underage.
>>
>>26399006
>If casual players wanted
Stop
If casual players want to play in a tier with greninja, there's a great deal of options, such as Ubers, AG, or the mirrors of the official formats on pokemonshowdown.
The main ladders are for competitive players, not casuals. If casuals ruled everything, it would be chaos.
>>
>>26399006

I thought you were referring to people who play smogon as opposed to those who don't and trying to say that we should care what those outside of the smogon meta think. Now I see what you're saying. If we're talking inside the smogon meta itself, people vote for what's best for the meta, and not for people that say "Greninja was my favorite pokemon! Unban it!". I'm sure u can see how retarded that would be. Greninja personally was one of my favorite mons to use, but even I could see what kind of problem it was for the tier, and so I voted ban. Had nothing to do with my own personal likes/dislikes of the tier. Policy changes aren't gonna happen unless given a good enough reason to(metagame shifts, new pokemon, moves, New game, etc.) Not because casual players want it unbanned. One of the points of laddering up to vote is so u can see what the meta is like without the pokemon, and so you make the most objective decision possible.
>>
>>26396156
Those are not viable stall breakers retard, it doesn't matter what smogon writes in it's forum, it matters what actually happens in the games. As we can see from stall always dominating ladder, none of those supposed 100 viable stall breakers actually succeed in breaking any stall. Also Chansey also walls physical moves unless you're using a fighting type. Yes obviously you can beat a Chansey, you can beat any pokemon 1 on 1 especially, however you're facing 6 v 6 where a stall team, especially with Chansey, will wall everything you can throw out. Specifically Chansey and Mega Sableye are what make stall impossible to get by. If they were banned stall wouldn't dominate. Or ofcourse if Smogon hadn't banned all the top offensive, while leaving the top stall mons alone.
>>
>>26389421

Nothing
>>
>>26396433
>democratic
>only the most winning players (aka stall players) get to vote

I don't think you know how a democracy works. It's not just the top percentage of people voting on what benefits them the most, as in smogon.
>>
>>26389421
Everything
>>
>>26398177

I'm not gonna get too deep into this issue but suffice it to say I think since they added the limit to the number of battles you can play to get reqs, it's gotten a little ridiculous. They're not just weeding out the Eviolite Slowbro users; now they're even weeding out the high 1500s/low 1600s battlers. While also ostracizing the really skilled players of every rank that simply don't have the amount of time necessary to get reqs in a 2 week period. Throw in a bad hax downswing and that's another group of poor fuckers who can't vote because of the number of battles limit.

There's gotta be a better way.

>Only people who achieve a minimum GXE of 83 after 50 battles can vote

This seems fairer.
>>
>>26399060
Mhm. Tell me. What's your username on PS? I'd love to see one of your stall teams and rankings.
>>
File: 1442725788940.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1442725788940.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>>26399006
>voters should vote for the everyone's interests except their own

how the fuck do you think voting works?
>>
>>26399193
First off, I voted in the last two OU suspect tests, and I float around 1200 in that meta. The requirements for voting aren't difficult whatsoever.

And the reason you need to show your worth as a player first is because of underage faggots who don't understand that just because a Pokemon has checks, it doesn't mean that that Mon doesn't overcentralize. That and the even more underage fags who don't want to ban something because it's their bro.
>>
>>26399949
I would never play with stall. Its terrible just to play against which is why I don't play OU, I can't imagine actually having to play with it every single game, each game taking 2 hours.
>>
>smogon pedos banned shadow tag

wew
>>
>>26399006
>If Smogon were ideal people
>Thinking Smogon is some group of elitists instead of a man-made format that is changed by usage and voting

It's summer, and I can already start feeling it.
>>
>>26400001
What the actual fuck? So you "know" how complicated and high-laddering stall teams work, even though you don't actually play them?

Trust me bud, I play HO and Balance, but I've tried stall and it is ridiculous how difficult it is to do correctly. Any expierienced player will tell you that the farther you move away from HO, the more complicated it gets.
>>
>>26400102
No I don't need to play with them, I see them and I've played against them and know exactly how they work.
>Any expierienced player will tell you that the farther you move away from HO, the more complicated it gets.
No they won't, I'm an experienced player myself, a stall player will tell you that, because they're idiots that actually think a team that allows the most possible mistakes with least downsides, is actually the most difficult to play with. Actually they probably don't think that, they would just say to make themselves feel better about using the most braindead playstyle. Anyone with any common sense would know that HO is the hardest to win with. In fact I was just watching a game on the Pokemon Youtube channel, where one of the announcers were like "Even though the other guy is outplaying him, his team is so bulky that it hasn't really made a difference." Anyone whose not an idiot knows stall is the most braindead playstyle to play with.
>>
>>26399994
I'm almost 100% sure you would have to be better than a 1200s player to vote. But they don't explain the math for it well.
>>
>>26400234
OK. If you're an expierienced player, What's your username?
>>
>>26400269
I don't play OU anymore after seeing how I couldn't compete without stall. But my top OU ranking before, was in the 1700s. My current score is 1385 after they reset the ladder since I stopped playing on it. Ofcourse that doesn't show experience, that shows who wins the most, and the ones who win the most are stall players if that's what you want to see, no I'm not a stall player so my score is not as high as them.
>>
>>26400346
We're on an anonymous board, claiming you were at some point in the past high ladder material doesn't mean shit without proof.
Give us a screenshot, an username we can researsh, something.
>>
>>26400346
>>26400416
He's not going to give proof because he's lying. Its blatantly obvious. Anyone with decent expierience in any metagame knows that a good stall team is extremely difficult, and HO is the easiest. I can't confirm this for other metas (I main Ubers,) but I've spoken to high-laddering players about stall and they say pretty much the same thing.
>>
File: 3876243876.png (817 KB, 1365x633) Image search: [Google]
3876243876.png
817 KB, 1365x633
>>26400416
Here's one of my old matches, I'm TreeHugger829
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-346707761
You can see at the end my score was 1684

Here's screenshot proof. I don't see why it matters, with stall being overpowered, scores are barely indicative of skill, they indicate whose playing with stall or not.
>>
>>26400466
>but I've spoken to high-laddering players about stall

You mean you've spoken with stall players about stall. Anyway are you really so stupid that you can't think for yourself and have to ask others. No anyone with any common sense knows HO is the most difficult to play with where any single fuck up can cost you the game, while stall is mindless.
>>
I honestly do not get the smogen hate.
Do people know that there is a tier "Anything Goes " That lets you use anything and everything in your power in battles? No limits whatsoever.
Or is it the fact that people who's favourite pokemon are on a tier lower than they actually believe they are believe that, that devalues the pokemon and ergo devalues them for favouring that pokemon? Listen the tiers don't always mean that that pokemon is terrible (unless it's PU, even then) it's just that they are used a lot less than the pokemon in the higher tiers.

Overall there is nothing to complain about.
>>
>>26400555
Only thing to complain about as far as smogon goes is stall. They make other questionable decisions, but the stall shit just completely ruins the game.
>>
>>26399994

There is not a chance in fuck an admitted 1200s battler would be able to make reqs with the newly implemented battle cap. Twice. In a row. There's just no way.
>>
>>26389703
Gas yourself.
>>
>>26400601
I don't know. I mainly was around 1200 in OU, but I usually float around 1500-1550 in Ubers.
>>
File: REDEWING IT FOR FREE.png (673 KB, 824x3006) Image search: [Google]
REDEWING IT FOR FREE.png
673 KB, 824x3006
The mods.
>>
>>26400666

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because you're literally Satan.
>>
>>26400555
>Do people know that there is a tier "Anything Goes " That lets you use anything and everything in your power in battles? No limits whatsoever.
Do you actually believe this? Kill yourself, smogoncocksucker.
>>
>>26400709
But he's right
Arguably you could nitpick on the "no limits" part since endless battles aren't allowed but still
>>
>>26400747
>everything is allowed
>endless battles aren't allowed
You don't have to nitpick to see a contradiction here.
>>
>>26400760
Well, yes, but in doing so you're being an enormous faggot that goes "W-WELL TECHNICALLY"
>>
>>26400760

But even if it's a contradiction, why would anyone want endless battles? Are you immortal?
>>
>>26400709
Calm down, you dunce. You are sounding way to buttmad to be taken genuinely. Also yes If you're too ass mad that you can't use mega fug with umbreon foul play with swagger, bibarel with moody, or even just a full on double team, baton pass team you can use Anything Goes.
That tier is made for you.
>>
>>26400779
becaus
>muh Funbro maymay :(
>>
File: 1452725339664.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1452725339664.gif
2 MB, 400x400
>>26400796
>>
>>26400771
>>26400779
>>26400785
>point out anything goes it not anything goes
>hah faggot
>haha like why would you even want to do that bro
>look at all these other things it allows, this counts as anything right?
>>
File: 1456839211625.jpg (19 KB, 680x444) Image search: [Google]
1456839211625.jpg
19 KB, 680x444
>>26400829
>>
>>26400848
Does the obvious hurt your autism?
>>
>>26400874
Look stop with the bait, I'm full
>>
>>26400886
>if I keep calling bait it'll go away
Okay, I won't reply anymore so you can stay safe in your little smogon bubble.
>>
>>26400693
I love you wonderful Minun-kun
>>
>>26400829
Anything Goes has literally the same rules as cartridge
>>
>>26401447
It has already been pointed out, that is not the case.
>>
>>26401752
but only because Showdown doesn't have a time restriction so they go the easy way and just say that whoever causes an endless battle looses

You can use Funbro to PP stall without a problem
>>
>>26401752
You can't have an endless battle on cartridge either, there's a time limit
>>
>>26397362
Gengar-Mega got Shadow Tag and players would set it with Perish Song, combining both the ability and the move to fuck up opponents' pokpemon or trick them.

Because of that Perish Song was temporarily banned until Smogon nerds decided to uplift Gengar-Mega to the Uber tier instead, since it's the only pokémon with such combination (I think)
>>
>>26400693
>muh sides

I love you wonderful Miniun-kun
>>
>>26395026
this tbvh
Smogon only tried to save a shitty meta which is oras. The only thing what went wrong was their interminable redesign.
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.