[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I thought this board was supposed to be good with the advent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
I thought this board was supposed to be good with the advent of a new main game?
>>
>this board
>good

You done gone fucked up, OP
>>
>>26386119
That's a meme spouted by people who have never been here for one in a desperate attempt to continue justifying it to themselves to stay on a shitty board.
>inb4 it used to be better
bullshit it did. XY hype was horrible and BW was only marginally better. The best solution is to just stay out of any threads that aren't explicitly comfy threads or the like.
I only stay here for /rhg/ and /nuzgen/
>>
>>26386177

>and BW was only marginally better.

Nice job outing yourself as some filthy immigrant who only came with the XY hype.

BW hype is what started the meme of announcement season being the best. It was this board's golden age, the very thing that caused /vp/ to be split off from /v/ due to sheer hype.
>>
>>26386177

Just curious but can you provide a list that made XY hype horrible? Wasnt frequenting the board majority of the time except during fairy type confirmation, mega evolution reveal, and the suicide watch when greninja was leaked before reveal.
>>
You misunderstood. /vp/ is good for the first 2-ish weeks after a new game comes out, when everyone's exchanging information.
>>
>>26386254
BW hype makes me so nostalgic.

Anyone have the screenshot of that website that reported Tentaquil was a "leaked" BW Pokémon?
>>
>>26386159
/thread
>>
>>26386177
>explicitly comfy threads
fag

>>26386119
I'm loving this board right now. I love ignorance, shitposting, and awfulness - I don't love boring stagnancy.

If you seriously thought the quality of the board was going to go up during leak season, you're a naive, deluded child. What people mean when they say that is that the board gets much faster and much more unstable - basically, more fun.
>>
This board has been and will always be a containment board, OP.

/vp/ has never been a good board. Ever.
>>
>>26388979
Do you love ballio
>>
>>26386119
Lurk more, newfag
>>
>>26389010
>containment board
Nice meme
>>
>>26386119
I think it's funny how the board is right now. I am getting a real kick out of how stupid people are with believing these "leaks" and false rumors about removal/additional game mechanics in M/S.
>>
It gets awful when /pol/ and /v/ realize that new Pokemon games come out. When the games come out, hopefully everyone swarms in with help threads.
People even went to reddit because of how bad it has gotten. That place somehow got all the trolls sent here, too, so that's another thing.

This is what happens when people go from pretending to be stupid to actually being stupid. It's turning into /b/ with a Pokemon flavour.
>>
>>26389185
Anybody that seriously went to reddit and expected it to be better are not people worth missing.
>>
>>26389271
Let me play devil's advocate, what's the difference between place full of children, and other place full of children? According to people, it's only the shitty main reddits that have that upboat culture, and the mods actually do something instead of having furries rule.

All that said, I stick to /toy/ anyways because fuck all this.
>>
>>26389304
I only visited /r/pokemon for a couple of days a few years back to see what the fuzz was about, so I can't speak for the current subreddit nor other smaller ones.
That one definitely had the upboat culture and was filled with "look what I made/drew/found" with no substance, disagree with the circlejerk and you get downvoted, which again can lead to a post timer as penalty.
I'm not saying /vp/ isn't an underaged shithole but at least you can tell people to fuck off when they are attentionwhoring, unlike on reddit where it is encouraged.
>>
>>26389396
Changed a bit, I'd say. Somehow more like the niche reddit areas. Also, "Look what I drew" doesn't actually seem bad, especially since you can just hide and ignore it. On /vp/, you can hide all you want, but it won't stop timmyturner or anything else. How many times do we need to have the dragonite youtuber thread?

It happens with every site, 4chan shits on it and people have to make up shitty reasons to rationalize it instead of going "No I visit both". Shit goes from pretending to be stupid and prideful to people actually believing that's what people think.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.