[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You're starting a new job at Game Freak as head Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: verymadperson.jpg (24 KB, 326x245) Image search: [Google]
verymadperson.jpg
24 KB, 326x245
>You're starting a new job at Game Freak as head Pokemon designer
>You've been instructed to design the new fire starter, based off of an animal from the zodiac
>You decide on the dog
>You draw a fox

This is literally what zodiacfags believe. Literally your theory falls apart in the first sentence of explanation. "They're based off of the zodiac."

Okay, if Fennekin were based off of a dog, then wouldn't of Game Freak drawn, I dunno, a fucking dog? Instead of designing a different animal that could be stretched to their initial idea?
>>
The Zodiac theory fell apart at Cyndaquil, because it's not a rat.

Just because they have a dragon, a chicken, a monkey, and a pig doesn't mean they're following any kind of pattern. Those are all common animals.
>>
A dog and fox look similar. There could have been an influence. Maybe that was the year they decided to stop with the zodiac gimmick. I would explain to you how everything dosent have to be exactly cohesive pattern based but your autistic brain would explode
>>
>>26386116
Before any of you
>Common animal
>Dragon

Shut the fuck up, he means popular and recognizable.
>>
>>26386133
You do realise we're talking about a pattern here, right?

I'll admit, it does confuse me that patterns do not in fact, have to be patterns.
>>
>>26386150
>let's make a dog Pokemon this gen
>goes through design
>makes dog with pointy ears that's looks cute
>yoooo lets make a fox Pokemon instead it'll be cute
>ok sure

This literally could've happened
>>
>>26386205
Still doesn't relate the fox any more to the dog.
>>
>>26386205
Yes and that would mean the zodiac theory is wrong
>>
Cyndaquil is a rodent. Rat is just short for rodent.
>>
>pokemon can't be hybrids of multiple ideas
Literally?
>>
>>26386257
What the heck is your point? Zodiac can influence fire starter designs. I see nothing wrong with this statement.
>>
>>26386103
>what are canids
>>
>implying the zodiac theory is wrong
>>
>"Hey, I finished designing the fire starter, boss"
>"It doesn't look like a dog, go back and make it a dog or your fired"

Zodiacfags actually believe this
>>
File: Lapdog-646x363.jpg (55 KB, 646x363) Image search: [Google]
Lapdog-646x363.jpg
55 KB, 646x363
>>26386103
>Guys I am not a dog, Hurray!
>>
>>26386332
However, the zodiac sign isn't a canid, it's a dog.
>>
>>26386116

> Those are all common animals.

This. There are a lot of Pokemon that live in the sea and in forests. In real life though there are no fire animals. So they just used a mix of animals.
>>
Foxes are in the same family as dogs, just like how cyndaquil is in the same family as rats.
>>
>>26386332

The Zodiac doesn't say 'canids' though. It says 'dog'. If this were open to interpretation it would say 'canids'.
>>
>>26386277
>Rat is just short for rodent.
no, no it's not.
>>
>>26386386
>dogs aren't canids
This isn't your normal every day retarded. This is... Advanced Retarded!
>>
>>26386103

>wouldn't of

fuck you
>>
>>26386277
Rat obviously isn't short for rodent, but it's still a rodent.
>>
>>26387476
Bad grammar doesn't make them wrong, just poorly educated.
>>
>>26386433
Jesus the logic in this thread. You're right, but that's no where near how to phrase it...
>>
>>26386103
>You're starting a new job at Game Freak as head Pokemon designer
>You've been instructed to design the new fire starter, inspired by an animal from the zodiac
>You're told that the new fire starter don't have to be precisely the same as the animal you choose, it just has to be reasonably related to it so that it makes sense
>You decide on the dog
>You draw a fox

Why is this so hard for anti-zodiacfags to understand?
>>
>>26386103
Canidae
>>
>>26386116
I believe it's like they thought they could run with it when they started to design gen 3, and didn't think anything of it in gen 2
>>
>>26386311
>influence
Exactly. I don't get why people claim that the zodiac theory is that "every fire starter is PRECISELY an animal from the chinese zodiac" and then act like they're so smart for knowing that a fox isn't a dog.
>>
File: 1463341330512.png (24 KB, 205x280) Image search: [Google]
1463341330512.png
24 KB, 205x280
>>26387561
/thread

Until they do something like a turtle or some shit. that aint SIMILAR or RELATED to anything on the zodiac yall dont got no argument.
>>
Can someone post the zofiac thing but instead of the fox put arcanine and any other fire pokemon that aren't starters but fit the motif? I mean wasnt gen 2 gonna have a fire rat/raichu looking thing
>>
>Chimchar
>monkey
>is actually a chimp
If you show a picture of Chimchar to a ten year old they're going to call it a monkey. So the argument for fox =/= dog is fucking stupid, there are breeds of dogs that look like foxes and wolves etc. And in the case of cyndaquil: rats, mice, echidnas, hedgehogs, etc. are all rodents so it's more than likely that GF used the rat on the zodiac as a basis for designing Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil is still the only sound argument against the zodiac theory imo, show an 8 year old a dog breed that looks like a fox and fox side by side and he'll probably call them both dogs.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.