[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name one unbiased flaw.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 4
File: 1456884221112.png (308 KB, 703x703) Image search: [Google]
1456884221112.png
308 KB, 703x703
You can't.
>>
>>26381456
No Fairy types or Megas
>>
Animated sprites and the zooming look obnoxious
>>
>>26381474
He said flaws not strengths.

>>26381481
>Animated sprites
Best ones we had in the sprite era, you okay?
>zooming look obnoxious
Stop holding the space bar on your Desmume, emulatorfag.
>>
Keys locked behind post game
route 10 being gone and can only hear the theme during winter in bw2
Pokestar studios being too much fun
>>
>>26381495
Sounds biased.
>>
>>26381456
The Fucking dancing crew blocking you from a huge industrial city where hundreds of people likely live. All because gf decided to make the most linear region to date
>>
>>26381502
>Keys locked behind post game
Doesn't degrade the game. Biased.

>route 10 being gone and can only hear the theme during winter in bw2
>Giving a shit about Route 10

>Pokestar studios being too much fun
True

>>26381507
>Literally the first and only Gen to have full body backsprites
>Sounds biased
>Implying
>>
I thought the region was a little boring. I never played much of black/white, but I barely remember anything about the region. I do like the games though, they got a lot of things right. I'm sad that the seasons mechanic left, though, and doesn't seem to be making a comeback any time soon.
>>
>>26381518
>blackout with one technician telling you to turn back
>"lel I'd let you through but I'm thirsty"

Kanto was probably the least linear fucking game, god damn.
>>
>>26381518
>The Fucking dancing crew blocking you from a huge industrial city where hundreds of people likely live.
Not an actual flaw.

>Linear meme
>Implying you want to be forced to use HMs
>Implying you want to loiter in pointless towns
>Implying BW didn't have an equal amount of content to other Regions, just presented in a way that wasn't annoying and arbitrary
>>
>>26381529

>I never played much of black/white
>I barely remember anything about the region
well no shit

>>26381533

All the Regions are linear as fuck
>>
>>26381533
Except we aren't talking about Kanto. You asked for a flaw in gen 5 and I gave you one.
>>
>>26381529
oh, also, there are no gambling games. I always loved the gambling minigames in pokemon, and the fact that this was the first generation to completely eradicate the gambling is kind of unfortunate.
>>
>>26381541
Unbiased flaw*

>>26381546
Not a flaw, doesn't detract from the game
>>
Unova's pokedex was so bad, they had to make a follow-up game that included all the pokemon they forgot about the first time.
>>
>>26381495
>>26381519
>>26381534
>>26381538
>>26381549
>getting this defensive over differing opinions
unovabortions are the worst, end yourself
>>
>>26381557
>Can't face a fact like a normal functioning member of society
>durrr univaginas are shit amirite guys
take it easy shitlord
>>
File: 1462497028899.jpg (73 KB, 592x492) Image search: [Google]
1462497028899.jpg
73 KB, 592x492
>>26381555
(You)
>>
>>26381549
How the fuck was that an unbiased flaw? Do you even know what unbiased means? The flaw I listed is a legit flaw that practically ruined the region for me. The fact that a couple of fans decided to block my path just to dance is so Fucking stupid. They were blocking black city! A booming city that only grew. A place where people world and lived! And you're telling me I can't pass because you decided to dance and you don't even know when you're leaving? Fuck that game.
>>
>>26381583
It wasn't an unbiased flaw, you illiterate retard.
>>
>>26381583
>being this mad about a shitty post game city
Just fucking go to it after the E4 you whiny baby
>>
>>26381549
>>26381538
>Doesn't detract from the game
Sure it does. It's something I enjoyed doing, and it is no longer present. If that's not detracting, then you have a strange definition of it.

And, I played through the whole game, and I still don't remember shit about the region. Or really the game itself. I've played other games just the same amount, and remember their regions just fine.
>>
>>26381603
>It's something I enjoyed doing
That's biased.
>>
>>26381594
The fact isn't that I couldn't get to black cits, the fact was the reason why I couldn't get to it. A bunch of dancing fucks is a retarded reason why I can cross over to a town. The bridges made sense, dancing faggots do not. It complete kills any immersion you had.

>>26381588
Again, do you even know what unbiased means?
>>
>>26381456
The Unova region
>>
>>26381614
How else are you supposed evaluate the quality of a game?
>>
>>26381629
Collectively and objectively.

>>26381628
Not a flaw. Describe the flaw(s) and then maybe.
>>
>>26381637
The flaw is that BW has the worst region in the entire franchise, you fucking Unovacuck
>>
>>26381637
Fine. From an unbiased, objective standpoint, the game sucks - but it's fans are worse.
>>
>>26381456
Not unbiased, but the color pallet was a bit dreary. I know that they wanted more contrast to the cool and colorful mons they wanted to showcase, but everything looked muted as a result.
>>
>>26381637
>implying that anything can have an objective flaw
>>
>>26381653
/thread
>>
>>26381456
Everyone is capped at 3 Pokemon, E4 is capped at 4 Pokemon. Only a few exceptions.

Bad starters

Easy/hard mode are implemented terribly

White Forest/Black City penalized the player for not beating the game as quickly as possible

No Original Dragon

No fight with the BW1 protag utilizing memory link

Both Triple and Rotation battles are extremely underused--compare to RSE which gave the player an abundance of Double Battles.

C-Gear was undeniably less useful than Gen 4's Poketch

Low HP music overrides unique battle themes

Started the trend of forcing the player to catch the main legendary even if they KO'd it or ran out of balls

Excessive dialogue, even for a Pokemon game

Started the trend of having an annoying to navigate large city area

Increased emphasis on babying the player by handing them Lucky Eggs

Gen 5 isn't perfect. None of the gens are.
>>
>>26381456
BW2's plot is shittly handled; your rival forces you to go and get a badge (And a fetch quest before it) while the region is under attack. Kyurem's big destruction is turning one city into a sliding puzzle, and not even people in the gate next to the city are watching or care.
>>
Only flaws I can find with BW2 are nitpicks, honestly.

>Hugh's entire motivation being his sisters purrloin
>Not being able to change difficulty from the start
>overall story could've been better
>IV and HM system still existing

If it fixed these issues, it could've been the perfect pokemon game. Still the best one in the series though hands down.
>>
All the poorly designed roadblocking, all the NPCs that just come to you when you enter an area to give you and item for no written reason
>>
BW1 limits your options in Pokemon to use with no opportunity to use old ones for those who may want to.

>but that was what made the region great!

I use only Pokemon introduced with a game's region every time anyways so it didn't bother me, but it most definitely will bother many others especially since every other game has had a balance of new and old. It's just taking away options.

Also the decision to make the region extremely linear and to instate odd roadblocks rather than obstacles overcame with HM use make the region not feel as natural.
>>
>>26381650
Prove it.
>>
>>26381653
>>26381682
Proof of nothing.

>>26381670
Square wheels functionally don't work. That's an objective flaw.
>>
Perma-weather
/thread
>>
Another game that lets you catch stone evolutions in the wild again when?
>>
File: 1460517045560.jpg (15 KB, 220x208) Image search: [Google]
1460517045560.jpg
15 KB, 220x208
>>26381456
These threads are getting old
>>
>>26381700
>Increased emphasis on babying the player by handing them Lucky Eggs
And Audino stretching their assholes before you for massive, massive amounts of Exp

And doctors and nurses on every route, no matter how small

And getting rid of poison's out of battle HP draining effect

And introducing critical capture, while casualising the capturing mechanics themselves

All while keeping the only aspect of the game that desperately needed casualising (IV breeding) almost intact

It's hilarious watching people criticize XY and then praise BW when they both suffered from mostly the same flaws.
>>
>>26381747
Oh, in that case, what about the sky drop glitch? It was a big enough glitch that it got banned in online battles. Objective flaw.
>>
>>26381709

Huh well I can agree with some of these points to add to >>26381700

>No Original Dragon
This was a disappointment after such a nice setup to it.
>No fight with the BW1 protag utilizing memory link
Also another missed opportunity.
>C-Gear was undeniably less useful than Gen 4's Poketch
Yeah, it was a waste of a screen.
>Low HP music overrides unique battle themes
I definitely remember being annoyed by this. Wish they'd let you just turn it off.
>Started the trend of forcing the player to catch the main legendary even if they KO'd it or ran out of balls
I wouldn't call this a negative. But it'd be neat if they made it a hard boss with the option to either catch it or defeat it (then it joins you temporarily and leaves, then you can catch it later.
>Excessive dialogue, even for a Pokemon game
This is more of a positive for me. The more dialogue, the better.
>Started the trend of having an annoying to navigate large city area
Neutral on this, I have fun exploring new areas so I'll do it anyway whether they force me to or not.
>Increased emphasis on babying the player by handing them Lucky Eggs
Never bothered me because it didn't interfere with how I played. Unlike Gen 6 where the exp system is changed so that every mon in battle gets 100% (instead of it getting split), old exp share is gone so it's harder to control where the exp goes, and catching pokemon earns you exp.
>>
>>26381781
THANK YOU!
Finally, an actual objective flaw.
>>
>>26381781
Why mention sky drop glitch and not one of the millions of glitches BW2 had?

Like the Zoroark glitch, which literally breaks the game
>>
File: 1405024435975.gif (8 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1405024435975.gif
8 KB, 600x600
>>26381456
Worst music in the franchise
Worst legendary Pokemon in the franchise
Worst starters in the franchise
Dull as dirt region layout
Worst major villain in the franchise
Underwhelming evil team
"Muh dwagons" box legends
Battle Subway is strictly inferior to Battle Maison
Inane and unfun Dream World gimmick
Worst champions in the franchise

Good games, a hundred times better than gen 4, but not without their flaws.
>>
>>26381811

All of those are wrong. Including them being better than HGSS.
>>
>>26381811
>>26381788
>Nobody understands the difference between Objective and Subjective flaws
>>
>>26381830
t. Sinnohfetus
>>
>>26381811
>worst major villian

Lysandre was fucking awful m8
>>
>>26381700
>Bad starters
That's completly subjective.

>White Forest/Black City penalized the player for not beating the game as quickly as possible
This. Though it also penalized you for not finding other people with a copy of White/Black.

>Excessive dialogue, even for a Pokemon game
Makes sense since Unova had the most story-based games.

>Started the trend of having an annoying to navigate large city area
Castelia City wasn't hard to navigate at all though. You only had 4 main roads and the main street had signs telling you what building was in which street. Lumiose City is the real starter of the cancer.
>>
>>26381831
There isn't any way any given state of matter in the universe that is 'supposed' to be, so I'm not really sure if there is any flaw that could be "objective".
>>
>>26381456
For BW2:

The fact that you follow your rival through most of the game instead of him following you.

The fact that you are constantly reminded how awesome your predecessor was and thus are always in his/her shadow.
>>
>>26381882

You're wrong.

A square tire won't work, and so is objectively flawed. Function is key.

Do you now understand?
>>
>>26381456
C-gear
>>
>>26381943
Nothing has a function. Function is a human concept applied to objects. Nothing is meant to do anything.

This is real basic philosophy, anon.
>>
>>26381700
>White Forest/Black City penalized the player for not beating the game as quickly as possible

Oh god I completely forgot about this crap. When I finally had time to beat the game it was a fucking desert.
>>
>>26381943
If you're looking only for objective flaws you only end up with technical nitpicks no one gives much of a fuss about unless they severely impair the enjoyment of the game itself.

By that logic all Pokemon games are flawless or very close to.
>>
>>26381960
>Not a flaw
What do you have against C-Gear? Where did it touch you?
>>
>LITERALLY
>MY DAD'S
>KATANA
>>
>>26381962
Cool blog post faggot :)
>>
>>26381977
Are you implying rational logic is trumped by M-MUH PERSONAL OPINIONS
>>
Unova is a shitty region compared to Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Too much handholding
>>
>>26381456
Not having difficulty settings available until the end
>>
>>26381456
I don't like team preview online, not having a preview encouraged me to play more strategically
>>
>>26382811
it most definitely didn't.
>>
>>26381456
Unova mon's evolved at too high levels
>>
>>26381583
there was going to be some bullshit reason no matter what. Would you really have been happier with a random landslide barring entry than a group of assholes that won't let you through?
>>
>>26381700
>Yep

>Biased

>Yep

>Not really

>Lore explains that, made sense

>We had the PWT what the hell else do you need

>There were quite a lot of double battles, probably more than is RSE

>Poketch was trash, but yep

>Biased, a lot of people like the adaptive music.

>I guess, but were you really not going to reset anyway?

>Biased, a lot of people enjoyed more plot

>It was literally two roads with alleys linking them you tard

>Lucky Egg is much, much better than the fucking Gen 6 EXP share.
>>
>>26381456
It was too short.
>>
>>26381583
>A place where people world and lived!

Neat
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.