[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why I Think They're Real: Discuss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: screencap this.png (120 KB, 408x136) Image search: [Google]
screencap this.png
120 KB, 408x136
As the title suggests, here's why I think these "leaked" starters might be real:

>They fit with the possible circus theme
The knife-thrower (with an assassin motif), the clown (with an emphasis on the creepy clown side), the human cannonball.

>They fit with the (plz no hate) established starter motifs
The owl has long, thin legs; stilt owls (Grallistrix) were a now-extinct genus of owls who lived in Hawai'i. The cat is a tiger. The sea lion... well, I personally can't see a link between all the Water starters other than that none of their basises are fully aquatic, but some people see a weaponry motif. I kinda see it, but to see if this Killer Klown from the deep sea really fits this, we'd have to see what it plans to do with that bubble.

Now for rebuttals:

>They're too dark for a kids' game.
X and Y had a literal death god and an evil team who wanted to kill everyone else. Pokémon seems to be drifting towards the serious. Also, they'll probably add some flavor text making them nicer than they seem- the owl will probably use its razor-sharp feathers to protect its Trainer or something.

>The "starter motifs" are shit. And foxes aren't dogs.
See, the thing with this age-old argument is... it's right. Foxes aren't dogs. Hedgehogs/echidnas/whatever the fuck Typhlosion's supposed to be aren't rats. But, for the purposes of the chinese zodiac motif... they're close enough. Now, if EVERY Fire starter was so loose with the zodiac connection, I'd doubt it too. But since 5/7 (I'm counting Litten because it has the exact cartoon tiger forehead markings as every tiger in Japanese media) of the Fire starters DO fit in the pattern, the fact that the remaining two sort of fit is unlikely to be a coincidence.

Also, I decided to give them names.
>Grass: Wingmaster or Grassistrix
>Water: Buffloon
>Fire: Panthermal (not mine, but couldn't think of a better one)

Discuss.
>>
>>26381008
Idk about the cat and the bird but the seal looks real to me.
>>
File: Manananggal.jpg (158 KB, 800x506) Image search: [Google]
Manananggal.jpg
158 KB, 800x506
I think Lunaala is scarier than the clown statue.
>>
>>26381008
>Buffloon
>not Ballio
>>
>>26381008
How is the "just a Jaguar" edgy?
>>
I want the seal to be real so badly, so I can name my Sun version "Ronald" and Moon version "Pennywise".

if there's a third version I'm going Litten
>>
>>26381052
>Ballio
>Not Rapelio
>>
>>26381107
>Rapelio
>not Polliwise
>>
>>26381123
>Polliwise
>not PoundClown
>>
>>26381131
>Poundclown
>Not UncleSteve
>>
>>26381145
>UncleSteve
>not PopeLeo
>>
Ya I agree.

And I forgive them for making the starters so forced cute, because these are so fucking badass.
>>
>>26381154
>PopeLeo
>not Sanleosky
>>
>>26381008

Also because owls are silent hunters, thus assassins, and because an upright seal looks like a bop bag, hence the clown theme and fighting type, and cat is a cannon like at the circus.
>>
>>26381164
>Sanleosky
>not JohnRainGacy
>>
>>26381066
It's black and red, anon. Haven't you heard? "Edgy" just means "black and red".
>>
>>26381170
I just thought of something
Fire are zodiac mons.

Our boy is the Zodiac killer!
>>
>>26381008
>tiger
>like 2 stripes
fucking zodiacfags
inb4 the same logic that's used to defend fennekin says that all cats are tigers.
>>
I completely agree, I've always wanted pokemon to get darker and edgier. I've even had some ideas to further improve the series for us mature and intelligent gamers:

>Instead of gym badges, you get weapons, which you can then use in battle to kill wild pokemon

>You can join the enemy team and help end the world, why am I always forced to help people? Maybe my character is as dark and edgy as I am

>More customization options for boys, preferably trench coats, fedoras, and oversized jeans

>Finally, the addition of two new types: Demon
and Angle. ex; houndoom could be demon/fire, jirachi could be angle/psychic
>>
>>26381192
there goes the fun.
Thanks
>>
Did they take demographics on the age of XY players?
>>
>>26381008
Fuck off Pooplio
>>
>>26381008
>Literally grass blaziken
I can't complain to much tho because I liked blaziken
>>
>>26381008
So you think they're real because they fit hypothetical guesses fans have made? Thats fucking stupid.
You know why theyre fake?
>Wrong style
>Found on imgur (apparently)
>Seal to a human is ridiculous
>The original thread was 'my friend found these'

They have zero credibility, but to some retards thats enough to say they're real
I'm just gonna leave you all to hype these up and cry when theyre proven fake. don't worry, i'll be upset too, i love them
>>
They are real. Gf created them so they could be viable in pokken. Thats why they are humanoid and edgy.
>>
>>26381460

>they fit hypothetical guesses

Not a single person guessed anything like Owltair or Poppywise. That's completely out of nowhere, which is exactly Gamefreak's style.

They are not the wrong style at all. I'm sorry you're a blind faggot with no eye for detail. And it's still a fucking seal, just an upright one.
>>
>>26381490
Plenty of people guesses the obvious clown theme on Pooplio and drew closwn-based evolution, some even adding a strongman theme. It's all over Deviantart. Stop trying to make it look so impressive a fake artist being able to see a clear theme and go with it. Idiot

Owltair is outta nowhere, but there is no shortage of outlandish fake evos. Not to mention it's associated with Roothoot so it's fake af.

I don't remember /vp/ on XY hype being so goddamn gullible and retarded. Either way, kil yourself
>>
>>26381008
>Hedgehogs/echidnas/whatever the fuck Typhlosion's supposed to be aren't rats

Cyndaquil is literally classified as a fire mouse pokemon.
>>
>>26381513

Post a single fucking fake remotely resembling these. Go ahead, it's all over Deviantart.

The OP never associated it with Roothoot, that was some other piggybacking shitposter and you fell for his bait. Congratulations.

Owltair is far more creative and looks way more like a Gamefreak design than any fan evo. It's not even a competition. The fan evos look absolutely fucking nothing like Gamefreak designs, while these do.
>>
>>26381490
The hypothetical guesses im on about are the themes, the zodiac theory and the fact that Gamefreak is going dark
Regardless trust me, they're not in sugi style or ohmura style. I've studied both in great detail to better my own fakemon, the shading and lineart is wrong.
>>
>>26381560

They are precisely Ohmura style. Yes the lines are a bit rough but it's concept art, otherwise the linework is spot on.
>>
>>26381550
>The OP

OP, II see through your tricks, stop trying to make it look like there's more of you.

Owltair is not creative, it's a grass-colored Assassin's Creed character with an owl-face, made because the fake artist couldn't find a clear inspiration to work with with Rowlet. COuldn't find one for Litten either because it's too plain and has no apparent theme
>I-it's a cannon

There is nothing to indicate that panther is based on a cannon. If its the fire on the tail Charizard might as well have a cannon theme as well.

Also, pic related, slown motif and strongman motif, even complete with a leotard like rape clown. Now fuck off
>>
>X and Y had a literal death god
why do so many people make yveltal out to be more than it is? Yveltal is literally just a bird that steals energy so it can live forever
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 456x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 456x337
>>26381008
wtf is there to discuss you enormous nigger
these infernal abominations of disgusting filth wouldnt even pass as a yaho-kai watch monster
>>
>>26381593

>couldn't find a clear inspiration

Other than the fact that a leaf-throwing owl becoming an owl assassin makes perfect fucking sense, and isn't the obvious approach like le zelda owl or the ringmaster bullshit. I don't know what the fuck you consider creative if not that.

We don't know Hot Kot's theme for sure but you can easily infer a cannon from its look, unless you're a thundering autist like yourself. It tail looks much more like a cord than Charizard's.

The difference is that fanwank gives it normal legs, instead of an upright seal look that explains the clown theme in the first place, in that an upright seal looks like a bop bag. None of the fan designs incorporate all of the elements as cohesively as Poppywise, or as aesthetically.
>>
>>26381550
>saying Roothootfag is wrong
>while using the same methods he employed to shit up the board

In the board's eyes, you're the same guy.
>>
>>26381646
If apparently "not being obvious" it's how you say it's real, then we can shut these right off because other than Owltair, a cat evolving into a bigger cat is pretty obvious, and a clown seal evolving into a big clown seal is obvious as well.

You're completely grasping at straws with Litten and you know it. Like the thundering autist you are, you are just looking for something that can satisfy your autism patterns. No to mention it's pretty jarring how Owltair and Rapeclown have their secondary themes so celarly defined, and Litten's evo settles for "hmm the tail kind of looks like a cord, maybe?"

For the records there's a ton of other clown seal that remain with a pinnipede bodyshape. I didn«t post them because strongman clown seal was the closer to Rapelio.

And I didn't even mention the dubious origin
>originated on imgur
>"my friend found these"
>people asked for the Litten evo, OP came back hours later with an imgur link
>conveniently leaked 3 days after the starters

Whoa man, what a coincidence!
>>
File: gulliablefucks.png (789 KB, 1174x656) Image search: [Google]
gulliablefucks.png
789 KB, 1174x656
>>26381568
Here, I made you a diagram
>>
>>26381646
Not that anon but how does the final litten Evo look like a Canon? It looks nothing like one. Also balio is nowhere near game freaks style. Show me one pokemon that even remotely shares his face
>>
>>26381721

I didn't say every starter has to be a fucking bombshell, in fact it's more Gamefreak's style to mix it up, like with Samurott or Greninja being jarring while the others less so. Litten is already the plain starter, safe and appealing, so continuting along that line makes sense.

Again, none of the fake Popps incorporate all of the themes so skillfully.

Origin is neither here nor there. I'm talking strictly about design plausability.
>>
>>26381768

Gengar
Toxicroak

>>26381727

I see where you're coming from, but again these are concepts, not final splash arts. The shading is the same style in terms of placement, it's just not blended as cleanly. The part that says no lines clearly have an outline.
>>
>>26381821
They don't have nearly the same type of face. Balio is much more realistic. Gengar and toxicroack are just creepy
>>
>>26381784
Greninja wasnt nearly as jarring, it mixed up with Delphox and Chesnaught nicely, being also slightly antropomoprhic.

Now you're looking a green human with a cloak, a blue human with seal feet and a literal panther. The dynamic doesn't work as a group

>skillfully
>implying

Origin has everything to do, the title of your thread is "why I think they're real", so the dubious origins also have a play here, because no matter if the designs looks like GF's doing (they don't), if at the end of the day they're fake, they're fake and that's all
>>
File: 354_banette.png (51 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
354_banette.png
51 KB, 450x450
>>26381768
>Show me one pokemon that even remotely shares his face
looks very gen 3
>>
>>26381784
So because someone's got a clever design they're real? You're a fucking idiot.

Litten isn't plain either, its got some nice pointers on it like the Brimstone mark on its head and the huge yellow eyes

How are Samurott and Greninja jarring? Samurott is bad yeah but its not jarring, and Greninja fits in perfectly in the trio, Ninja, Mage and Knight
Why can't we have the old /vp/ back where everything was fake until proven real, not the current /vp/ thats full of underage Tyranitartube fags thinking everything is fucking real
>>
File: Mega-Sableye.png (37 KB, 200x185) Image search: [Google]
Mega-Sableye.png
37 KB, 200x185
>>26381845
And non-mega, if it grins
>>
>>26381821
When will the concept art meme fucking end?
Concept art is very rarely leaked, and when it is, its usually from the Anime, not the game.
>>
I need Conflaguar in my life.
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 800x600
>muh rape clown
>>
>>26381839

Greninja was still jarring, Samurott moreso. There is precedent for it.

Not every fucking trio needs a group dynamic. None of them even had one until gen 4, and ONLY gen 6 was actually overt and entirely consistent with it.

None of them are anymore humanoid than Blaziken.

I also didn't make this thread. Origin isn't a relevant point because nothing dictates that someone has to leak something a particular way for it to be real.
>>
>>26381865
>nowhere near game freaks style
>>
I'm just going to say it right now these final evos look way too fake for me. Call me a denialfag but there's more evidence to these being fake than being the real deal.

You're gonna keep making threads about them unironically and we'll end up with Roothoot 2.0
>>
>>26381854

The trio is thief, mage and knight. Frogadier turning into a ninja and losing its bubbles was jarring. Just ask all of /vp/ when it leaked.
>>
>>26381899
>>26381865

They don't look like they want to rape me, though, so no sell
>>
File: 1469643575497.png (215 KB, 1117x728) Image search: [Google]
1469643575497.png
215 KB, 1117x728
>>26381593
>that shitty strongman

Bulk up son.
>>
File: HunSteelix.png (179 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
HunSteelix.png
179 KB, 640x480
>>26381899
But it goes to show the design coincidence makes ballio the only "convincing" fake
>>
>>26381905
>but there's more evidence to these being fake than being the real deal

No, there isn't. There's frankly no evidence pointing to fake or real, which is why the majority is leaning toward fake but some people are still treating it as real or possible.
>>
File: Gengar.jpg (17 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
Gengar.jpg
17 KB, 610x343
>>26381916
But who was clown?
>>
Reasons they might be real:
>Looks plausible
>Fits the theme kind of

Reasons they might be fake:
>literally no more credibility than any other "leak"
>starter evos are too spooky, target market (young kids) will not like any of these

Even roothoot had more credibility than these guys. At least he was an owl before we knew rowlet was an owl. What do these guys have? Similar art style?
>>
>>26381923
The pictures have the wrong shading and lineart style.

Rapelio's design aside, Panthermal has less stuff going on that Litten does. Game Freak tends to add more to the starters as they progress, and this has happened since Gen I.

If we follow the "Fire = Chinese Zodiac, Grass = Prehistoric Creatures, Water = Weapons" theory, Rapelio's bubble doesn't really make that much sense unless the leaks bullshit their way out of the fact that it looks like a cannonball (we've already got a cannon in Blastoise).
>>
>>26381936
Gengar's a bro
>>
>>26381008
>Grass' name not being Owltair
>>
>>26381967
>not wanting to be forcibly anally violated by gengar
>>
>>26381008
>The cat is a tiger.
I feel like this is bait and it's certainly working because I can't help but ask if you've ever in your life seen a tiger.

Like, do you know what a cat is? Do you have some visceral awareness of what different cat types are called? This cat could be a number of things and zero of them are tigers.
>>
>>26382015
He wouldn't do that, he's my bro
I'd be the one forcibly raping his anus
>>
>>26381008
>same guy again
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 231x219) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 231x219
>>26381008
>The sea lion... well, I personally can't see a link between all the Water starters other than that none of their basises are fully aquatic, but some people see a weaponry motif.
It's probably based on a cryptid called Ningen, hence the large body structure, human head and long arms.
>>
File: 1414628623338.png (326 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1414628623338.png
326 KB, 640x480
>>26381008
>It's too edgy for me mommy! Turn the channel back to the Baby Channel I need to watch Barney the dinosaur!
>>
Zodiacfag. Bye bye!
>>
File: 1461022765412.jpg (14 KB, 250x249) Image search: [Google]
1461022765412.jpg
14 KB, 250x249
>>26381008
>Pokémon seems to be drifting towards the serious
As much as this may be the case, they wouldn't make the starters look like serial killers. You have to think in a marketing standpoint and think of a kid would love their cute little seal clown into that monster. I know you guys will just discard this cause muh marketing meme, but I just don't think you guys understand.

As much as I love these designs, you guys can't just go around believing every leak that comes on this board. Someone can post a drawing of a rock, add some blur and people would just say
>DENIALFAGS BTFO
>M-MUH WOTTERGATE
Honestly just have some common sense and don't believe everything you see.
>>
File: Owlbear.jpg (105 KB, 400x532) Image search: [Google]
Owlbear.jpg
105 KB, 400x532
>>26381008
The starter trio will be a sea LION, a fire TIGER, and an owl BEAR. Oh my!
>>
>>26382503
I don't know where you fucks get this idea that kids don't like edgy strong looking things. As a kid, I went out of my way to avoid goofy things and shit I considered to be too childish. Kids love edgy shit. Kid me would have loved rape clown and owltair
>>
>>26382379
aha you wish
>>
I hope these aren't real, I love popplio but that final evo is shit
>>
If they are fakes, they're very convincing.

Having Litten's evo be a cannon is not really something people would have guessed (most people assumed the circus theme, but not that), so it's a very smart idea from the artist and really reminds me of GF's ability to go slightly outside what people predict.

This then informs the possibility of the other two being genuine, you don't expect a dapper owl to be a knife thrower or for a quirky clown to look menacing.
>>
>>26381170
>JohnRainGacy
>Not Dr Poppso
>>
>>26382520
You really need to stop.
>>
>>26381008
i could believe it if not for the seal, i just can't seea starter being made creepy. the starters are meant to be the player's best friend (taget audience beings kids)and usually stand has the hero's for the each gen. often winding up on ashes team and always getting tons of merchandise.you can have creepy pokemon just not a creepy starter
>>
>>26382681
i just proof read this and I'm gonna apologize for the spelling... it's 4 AM
>>
>>26381008
They're 100% fake, the leaked types that someone dug out of the official Pokemon website had fighting and ground types, rape clown takes the fighting but neither of the others look like a ground type at all.
>>
>black and red Persian is edgy

Fucking what?
>>
>>26381008
These are the "moon" evolutions.

The starters have 2 branched final evolutions. They are all avaiable in both games, though
>>
>>26382783
It's 4chan, anything black and red is edgy by default.
>>
>>26381229
eric toast

upboat
>>
>>26381229
You must be 18+ to post here.
>>
>>26381008
They are not real, stop. Kill yourself.
>>
>>26381593
>Owltair is not creative

you are a moron. its even based on an extinct type of owl found in hawaii

how is that not creative? because it doesnt look like a western furry porn artist drew it? it actually looks clean?

>There is nothing to indicate that panther is based on a cannon

except the fact littens tail looks like a fuse and its signiture move is firing hairballs? the fuse getting lit as it evolves make alot of sense

these evolutions are more clever and good looking than anything a fan could create
>>
>>26382687
you're completely right though.
that seal clown thing is literally the stuff of nightmares.

anyone who genuinely believes thes are going to be the official starters is retarded.
that rowlet evo looks like a Assasins Creed character.

this is Pokemon guys, its PG, ages 3 and up
>>
I really like these designs, people are saying they aren't kid-friendly enough but kids love edgy shit.
Basically when we see the 2nd evos we'll know if they're fake or not, if Popplio starts getting red clown hair it's habbening.
>>
>>26382962
theres a pokemon who wears its mothers skull

theres a pokemon who is the spirit of a human reborn and trapped in a ghostly shell who does nothing but dwell over its past

get off it dude
>>
>>26383010
but none of those are starter pokemon.
starters are basically the hero types the kids best friend and most reliable companion. there has never been a fucking creepy starter
>>
This shit is fake as fuck. First of all, final starter evos don't leak a mere week after starters get revealed. Second, if they DID leak, they would be middle stages. So the person that made this either has no idea how leaks work, or was too impatient and waiting to get their shitty fakes as soon as possible.
>>
>>26383020
Except most kids that play games are boys, and most boys want cool shit rather than cute shit.
>>
>>26383028
ya but this is 2 cool, like the fake mons you find on deviant art. gamefreak isn't about to jump from a frog with a tongue scarf to a hooded assassin
>>
>>26383028
>Except most kids that play games are boys
Source?
>>
The lineart and shading are way off, looks like someone's shitty attempt to copy Sugi art. And Sugi isn't even drawing the Gen 6 Pokemon this time, Ohmura is. So they couldn't even get that right.
>>
>>26383045
source: anywhere other than tumblr

Sorry, the world isn't that balanced or sensible yet, videogames are still seen as a childish hobby that's mostly for boys, even though plenty of girls and adults play them.
>>
>>26383056
does it matter who draws them? The designs are all made by committee and the drawings are probably touched up by at least four team members.
>>
>>26383060
less than it used to me but ya it's still way more like that than most people wanna admit
>>
>>26383037
A ninja frog to an assassin owl is barely a leap. It's a slight shift to the right.
Kids love edgy shit like ninjas and assassins. What kind of retard kids were you guys?
>>
>>26382919
An assasin's creed OC with stick legs doesn't imply in any way some extint Hawaii Owl, stop grasping at straws

>cannon panter
Once again there is nothing in that design that indicates it having a cannon theme. Especially comparing to Owltair and Rape Clown where their secondary themes ar extremely apparent, Litten's FAKE evo, look incredibly plain in comparison. Once again straw gasping

>clever
Have we cheapened the word so much that now any artist that identifies the clown elements of Popplio and makes a fake evo with clown elements is considered "clever"? You sure have a low ceiling
>>
You people are delusional if you think kids don't love edgy, dexterityfag shit.
>>
>>26383071
compare the owl's look to things like chestnaut or blastoise it's a huge leap from cartoony to serious and you know it
>>
>>26383076
in terms of looks i would say the cat is the most believable, with the more plain design better fitting in with older starters like Charizard and Typhlosion but all the theories people are coming up with are just plain dumb
>>
>>26383060
Even my mom plays fucking video games.
But I'm talking about pokemon, and I would be surprised if at least 30% of the players aren't girls. These games have a lot of stuff that appeals to them.
>>
>>26383117
I'm not saying it's necessarely bad that Litten's Fake evo is plain, personally I think they went too overboard with secondary themes in Gen 6 to the point where only Greninja didn't look like a human in a fursuit and I'd love GF to back to simpler starters, or at least tone down on secondary inspiration but it just looks so uninspired when compared side-by-side with Owltair and Rape Clown

Then again in the original leak, the dude only psot owl and seal, and when people asked for Litten's evo he came back hours later with it, so it may have been a case of artists's block
>>
File: cannon vat.png (34 KB, 2057x858) Image search: [Google]
cannon vat.png
34 KB, 2057x858
Cannon Cat-ou!
>>
>>26383102
apart from the face it's 100% toon style. Did you miss the goofy waistcoat and bowtie combo, and the silly chicken legs?
It literally looks like the Rogue equivalent to Blaziken's Martial artist.
>>
>>26383056
>Someone's shitty attempt to copy Sugi art

Except this is strangely more familiar to Ohmura's style rather than Sugimori. And he's been know to pull off quite a few monster designs himself that are more serious than Sugimori's.

But eh, maybe you're right.

I really wish the clown was real though, I've grown accustomed to his face.
>>
>>26383141

Oh and the fun part is, Ohmura did designs like Piplup and Oshawott's evolutionary lines if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>26383135
that's the most believable theory I've heard yet and yeah i can't see one of the trio being so much more plain than the others
>>
>>26383129
The number of girls who even own a 3ds (or other dedicated gaming system) is relatively small. All of the polls that say that loads and loads of girls play games are including phone games. If you live in the real world rather than the safe-space world you'd be surprised if more than a third of pokemon players are girls. I'd say girls are more likely to continue playing pokemon into adulthood since they don't abandon kid's games in favor of looking more masculine, but the number of small boys that play games is as of 2016 still enormously larger than the number of small girls. Especially now that Wiis are no longer acting as a big casual magnet.
I'm not saying this is a good thing, girls absolutely should be playing videogames if they want to, but that's the reality of the situation.
>>
>>26383139
now that looks like a pokemon!
>>26383140
again find me 1 starter that looks like such a serious killer, people are calling it owltair for a reason.
>>
>>26383141
>>26383164

Just adding this card that Ohmura illustrated himself.

It might not be much, but might clear the air on whether the art style was simply copied from his art style or if it is in fact is own art style (details like how he handles the water lineart and the pokemon itself). Because that definitely doesn't look very Sugimori.
>>
>>26383139
Such a fucking cool concept but hard go spot. This is what makes me believe these ones are the real deal.
>>
>>26383135
Actually the link he gave where Litten was showed it was uploaded hours before he made the thread.

So either he wasn't the original source or he did that so it seemed like he didn't have all the stuff to seem more believable.
>>
>>26381008
I WANT THAT WATER POKEMON SO BADLY
>>
>>26382755
Autism must be hard.
>>
>>26381008
None of that is really proof that they're real. The starter motif is something we've known about for years, and the circus theme was already being speculated before these "leaks." Any skilled fan could come up with these using that knowledge.

Pokemon has always had dark pokemon if you read into it. The difference is that Ballio's horror is in your face and others' are contained within the dex. Even if Ballio's dex entry said something really sweet, it would still be scarier than say a Drifloon.
>>
>>26383199
you have officially lost me, which is fine because im thinking about headed to sleep
>>
>>26381008
you are not very smart
>>
>>26383222
yea that's a really strong point i think. none of the super creepy pokemon look creepy with most of the worst offenders looking silly or cute
>>
>>26383102
Now compare the owl to a shiny Greninja or just normal Blaziken. It's literally just a stealthy version of Blaziken
>>
>>26381229
>angle
>>
>>26383224
WTF is so hard to understand, he made the thread with OWltair and Rapelio, 2 hours later he gave a link an image to Cannon cat.

The imgur link showed it was there for like 4 hours, meaning at least 2 hours before it was uploaded to 4chan.
>>
>>26383255
blaziken is a fucking anime chicken not an assassin's creed fursona
>>
>>26383071
>kids love
I can guarantee you adults prefer them too.
>>
>>26383261
I think Deoxys should be Psychic/Angle type. Just look at how it spawns in the FR/LG event.
>>
>>26383264
this seems like such a conspiracy theory at this point like why would he make it so complicated instead of just showing them all of at the same time? he's running in circles hoping it makes him look legit
>>
>>26383266
Take a seat you stupid fuck. How is that Owl not cartoony too?
>>
File: Goddamn.png (360 KB, 710x458) Image search: [Google]
Goddamn.png
360 KB, 710x458
>>26383222
>Even if Ballio's dex entry said something really sweet, it would still be scarier than say a Drifloon

>Despite its threatening appearance, [insert name here] actually has a very amiable and friendly personality, often performing water tricks to everyone's amusement

Why am I getting so attached to this seal?
>>
>>26383273
shit yea we do but we aren't the target audience, these are aimed at children ...which would explain popplio
>>
>>26383076
>le le le le ass assassins creed XDDDD

yeah dude everything shady looking is a rip off of assassins creed. Fucking moron
>>
>>26381008
>They're too dark for a kids' game.
>X and Y had a literal death god and an evil team who wanted to kill everyone else.

But it's about the design, and compared to this, yveltal looks friendly. Just think about how many kids would freak out at the sight of this clown nightmare
>>
Imho when leaks explode everywhere and don't die/fade into irrelevancy there's something fishy going on.
>>
>>26383283
the super dark hood and slender frame are straight out of deviant art and you know it bro throwing mean words around won't help your argument
>>
>>26383293
>you average "these starters are real" fag

>>26383296
>Literally copypasting a post after being BTFO once
how embarassing
>>
>>26383277
By what he said he didn't have it til that point and he found it looking for it in the same time frame Owl and Clown were uploaded, which is the only plausible excuse but it's still only his word on it,
>>
>>26383020
Nigga are you kidding me? Kids have always liked darker shit

Why do you think every kid wants to watch adukt cartoons, or horror movies, or play war games. Fuck scary shit in childrens games is nothing new. When i was a kid i played OoT, you know how much scary shit that had in it?
>>
>>26383298
They only exploded on /vp/, land of gullible idiots and it's powered by shitposting. That theory of yours sure worked out with roothoot
>>
>>26383298
dude people grasp at leaks all the time. remember the smash leaks for Crom and rythem heaven people were so goddamn convinced of that shit
>>
>>26383302
>straight out of deviant art
Lol no. That would be the other fakes with the top hats and swirly leaves everywhere. Owltair isn't quite as overdesigned as you giving it credit for
>>
File: SoMASCULINE.png (161 KB, 300x219) Image search: [Google]
SoMASCULINE.png
161 KB, 300x219
>>26383028

Yeah because Pokemon has been so "cool and edgy" and "for boys" all these years
>>
>>26383311
ya but nintendo isn't going to let your very first friend in a pokemon game be dead hands. there is gonna be scary pokemon in this game or at the very least creepy pokedex entries but none of those will be your starters
>>
>>26383312
Not really. You see threads about these guys on /v/ too.
>>
>>26383329
plenty of people who go on /vp/ also go on /v/ bro.
>>
>>26383320
they're trying. Doesn't mean it's working.
>>
>>26383320
Yeah, I'm sure all the girls on the playground loved imagining that they were playing tea party with Kingler and Primeape.

Dialga is such a cutie!
Look at the smile on Haxorus!
>>
>>26381008

>KILLER CLOWN

People need to stop that

He's meant to be a merge of Circus Seal and Circus Strong Man
>>
>>26383349
Are you trying to tell me that Haxorus is not cute?
>>
>>26383193
It just has a hood, how does it look like a killer? It doesn't have big claws, big fangs, cannons, scythes, swords, muscles or anything. It just has vaguely angry eyes, and all the gen 1 starters have angry eyes.
>>
>>26383355
not as cute as Tyranitaur, i will fight you bro
>>
Gosh, I guess all the gen 1 starters are fake because they're all angry brutish monsters and have no cutebait amongst them.

These starters are 99% likely to be fake, but you people sure make up some dumbass arguments. These designs are fine.
These dumb niggas trying to tell me little kids don't love edgy shit.
>>
>>26383361
if it had any of those things it would actually make it more believable even Zoroark had big dumb claws. for the record i like the design I'm just not buying it
>>
>People crying about Sugi/Ohmura stye when they're just lead designers
> Forgetting Pokemon has an entire design team drawing their own designs and renditions to be passed/shot down/worked on.

So could be real and neither of Sugi or Ohmura worked on them.
>>
>>26383349
There are so many of these fucks for a reason, not just kingler and primeape
>>
>>26383349
ya that's a pretty shit argument. their are clearly pokemon aimed at girls including fucking pikachu
>>
>>26383418
Pikachu is the mascot specifically because it appeals to both genders.
>>
>>26383423
actually the picked pikachu because of how it appeals to women you can look it up cuz i know it sounds dumb
>>
>>26381188
To be fair, I agree that Panthermal isn't so edgy, but it set up the joke.
>>
Cant we all just agree these are fake as hell
>>
>>26383435
yup
>>
>>26383429
You have it backwards, it was originally Clefairy and changed because that was too feminine.
>>
>>26383435
"Fake as hell"? No, not at all, only 99% fake, and only because most leaks are fakes and it's so early. Were it closer to release I'd probably say it's only 80% fake.
>>
File: look at the dog.jpg (93 KB, 780x1040) Image search: [Google]
look at the dog.jpg
93 KB, 780x1040
>>26381193
Dude did you read my post? A, it's close enough, B, every tiger in Japanese cartoons has this forehead thing. Plus, more stripes are probably going to light up when Panthermal attacks.
>>
>>26383458
>every tiger in Japanese cartoons has this forehead thing

That's not true by any stretch, many have the three line thing, and some are drawn in a "realistic" way and don't have it.
>>
Say what you want but these things are getting the EXACT reactions from people that official starters get when they're first released with the love/hate relationships.
>>
>>26383476
I know, it's great. Even if these aren't real, when the real starters are leaked it's going to get the exact same reaction anyway. It always cheers me up when it happens.
>>
>>26383443
ya i knew it used to be clefairy but i had heard it was changed to pikachu because girls likes it more. but hey if i'm wrong then i'm wrong
>>
>>26381528
Yeah but, as literally every anti-zodiacfag has pointed out, the Japanese species name doesn't show this.
>>26381593
That wasn't the OP. I'm the OP, and I don't mind if you don't think these are real- the might not be, fuck if I know.
Also, I think the cannon motif could've been more obvious too, but it's there when you look closely- Litten has a wicklike tail and, unlike every other Fire-type than learns Ember, is specifically stated to use physical projectiles.
>>26381610
>When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more.
Okay, death isn't mentioned in-game, but this is pretty explicit. It kills everything else on the planet instead of dying (and probably has done so in the past).
>>
>>26383456
i can agree with this
>>
>>26383488
>>26383495
seeing people react and getting to argue with other fans is the only reason i came to this site
>>
>>26383503
Dude Yveltal's signature move is literally called "DEATH WING" in Japanese translation.
>>
>>26383503
Littens evo also fits the oil theme.
>>
>>26383546
is he more death and edgy than darkrai? i usually ignore legendaries so i'm genuinely out of the loop. i always thought darkrai was the evilest
>>
>>26382081
Ah, that makes sense. Does that link to the other Water starters, though?
>>26382755
Ground leopard, dude.
>>26383222
Again, this is just why I think they could be real, and I don't mind if you don't.
Also I love and want all of them.
>>26383352
Yes but he's also terrifying. He can be four things if he wants.
>>26383546
Oh, huh. See?
>>
>>26381916
>Magmar
>Electivire
>Genie trio
>Conkeldurr
>Seismitoad
>Diggersby

That's been lots of rapey-looking Pokemon.
>>
>>26383304
Im not saying there real. But the only thing you are doing is spouting memes like a fucking faggot. Just because it has a hood doesnt make it assassins creed.
>>
Waah can't we discuss and talk about what we want without persecution? waah.
>>
>>26383675
shit no son this is 4chan
>>
someone wanna post the entire "leak"? I havent seen them yet
>>
File: 1463381605832.png (742 KB, 955x719) Image search: [Google]
1463381605832.png
742 KB, 955x719
>>26383714
I only have the sexy cat, I'm sure someone else has the others.
>>
>>26383714
I swear if someone shows you the one that some assfaggot photoshopped Roothoot on I wont be able to do shit but I'll be pissed.
>>
Isn't it awfully convenient that these leaks came out less than a week after the official reveal? Imagine that instead that they came out before the starters were revealed, then we would be in a situation where those in denial would need to explain somehow somebody managed to make fake renditions of the final forms with eerily accurate details connecting them to the as-of-yet unknown starters. I think that in that situation it would be very easy for people to see it was legitimate. It's the same reason why people are claiming Roothoot is still legit, because they somehow knew it was an owl before it was officially revealed (but disregard the other two which were completely wrong and the fact that Roothoot and Owltair are contradictory theme directions for Rowlet to take).

But that's not what happened. Instead we get this leak AFTER the starters were revealed, which gives just enough time for any potential fakers to throw together something that looks legitimate. If this leak is legit, then why did the person who is responsible for it not just get us the leak just a few days earlier, before the starters were revealed, just to lock in that hypothetical no-doubt scenario I just described? I suppose you could argue that they somehow couldn't get access to the art until after the official reveal, which is plausible, but then I ask why do we only have the final stages leaked? Why not any other Pokemon, such as the mid-stages? If this person has access to leaked designs, then why stop there? Why give us only the final starters, which historically have been among the last Pokemon to be officially revealed, and why not throw in some other random unrevealed Pokemon that are likely to be revealed sooner in the pre-release line-up? If a Pokemon from a large set of leaks is confirmed legit then it confirms the rest of them legit (and the converse is true, one fake means the rest are fake). That would be a very easy way to confirm the legitimacy.
>>
File: 1463173322245.png (942 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1463173322245.png
942 KB, 768x1024
cat and seal evos are fine

i hope they are fake entirely because i want rowlet to stay owl-like and not become humanoid trash
>>
File: leaks.png (1 MB, 1314x944) Image search: [Google]
leaks.png
1 MB, 1314x944
>>26383714
>>
how is this a thread? anyone who believes these guys are "leaks" has to be 15 years old or younger.
>>
>>26381008
>Also, I decided to give them names.
>>Grass: Wingmaster

Holy shit this autism is unreal.
>>
File: 1463451995211.png (2 MB, 2226x1092) Image search: [Google]
1463451995211.png
2 MB, 2226x1092
>>26383740
>>26383742
here you go friends
>>
>>26383744
Dude that's a conundrum of a leak it's not suppose to come before/after or any set time, and probably because the starters final evolutions are the most important pokemon of eaach generation to the fan base, aside the fake that these were randomly found on sites form facebook/4chan/imgur/reddit and other sites means it could possibly be more pictures.That's the point of the real or not real argument, that's why there is speculation and discussion.
>>
File: what.jpg (343 KB, 955x719) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
343 KB, 955x719
>>26383740
this doesnt look right at all
>>
>>26383783
It's a bent leg. Left side is down more than right.
>>
>>26383760
Thanks famarama
I kinda like owl and clown but what the fuck is that kitten. It's literally just a big tiger with no creative twist
>>
>>26383791
But its tail is on fire!
>>
>>26383764
okay yeah it's dumb, but do you have a better one?
>>
>>26383799
Winglord.
>>
>>26383788
Ah, now I see it. Still looks weird >>26383791
>>
>>26383791
It's most likely a cannon, Litten's tail is a fuse and it spits fire furballs, his tail is on fire, allot of back but not much front detail, long and black. A bit of sleek, subtle design.

>>26383139
>>
>>26383801
Huh.
It's not really a pun, though.
>>
>>26383840
Winguru.
>>
Why I think they're fake:

They are fake.
>>
>>26383830
It's really, REALLY subtle within this design though. They other two let you know what they are while this cat tries to subtly hint at it. It's just weird to me.
>>
>>26383830
i'll give you the tail but the rest is 2 much of a stretch. it only looks like a cannon to you because you want it to look like a cannon. honestly it's just a panther
>>
>>26383855
I'll give you that but if its suppose to be a cannon, you can't make it look like one unless they turned it's legs into wheels.....and that'd be just retarded.
>>
>>26383868
why wouln't they just go full blastoise? chestnaut needed a shield so he literally has a shield
>>
File: ok.jpg (910 KB, 2226x812) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
910 KB, 2226x812
I dont see them being real senpaitachi
>>
>>26383799
No I don't make names and retard lore for fake pokemon leaks.
>>
>>26383893
they are fake. but hey they are pretty neat fakes
>>
>>26383896
but the dumb puns are the best part
>>
>>26383884
Chesnaught only grows a shield when doing something defensive.
Seeing as this Panther isn't doing anything and Litten looks just like a cartoon cat then gets heated fur spikes when it attacks, we don't know what this does once it attacks so thts not really a good counter.
>>
>>26383906
Wingdings.
>>
>>26383926
fair enough "Fire Cannon" is a way more believable sounding attack than "water shuriken"..
>>26383933
i love it
>>
>>26383952
Does the humanoid argument really work for Owltair when aside from pokes like Blaziken he literally have a group called "Human shaped" and Deoxys who's like nearly perfect human proportion and has 5 fingered human arms/hands?
>>
>>26383989
???
there are ton's of human like pokemon always have been always will be. what does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>26383791

Why do people forget that Litten's entire concept is that the lines on it's fur are able to be burned when it's attacking?
>>
>>26383926
The heated fur spikes is just a cat thing. House cats fur gets spiked up when they are afraid/angry
>>
>>26384176
so it's a modern day thyphlosion?
>>
I hate you all for feeding into these shitposters
>>
>>26381008
>Why I Think They're Real

Nobody gives a shit why you think they're real, you've been posting these threads nonstop since they were first being spammed on this board and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if you were the one who drew them in the first place.

Also, your "rebuttals" list ignores the biggest rebuttal there is, which is that this "leak" has absolutely none of the things to support it that the Wottergate and Fairygate leaks had. For example, the source is fucking imgur, none of this is being posted on 2ch, and there's absolutely nobody corroborating these or backing them up at all. It doesn't even resemble Sugimori's or Ohmura's art and there's no way in hell they'd make all three evolutions THIS fucking grimdark.

I can't believe we're even still discussing this shit.
>>
>>26381008
>Why I think they're real
>tl;dr version: I'm a retard

Didn't have to go so far to show your stupidity, OP
>>
>>26384190

Yes

Which isnt farfecthed since Sugi stated that they wanted to catch the feel of earlier gens in design this time
>>
File: Seriously.jpg (112 KB, 654x654) Image search: [Google]
Seriously.jpg
112 KB, 654x654
>>26381008
>This shitty bait thread gets +200 replies

ORAS killed /vp/. Sun/Moon are currently screwing its corpse.
>>
>>26384269
i was gonna argue that they totally wouldn't use the same gimic twice but then i remember the monferno's burning tail so i'm just gonna keep my mouth shut
>>
>>26384298

>Blaming the game instead of the speculation

Dumb Frogposter
>>
>>26384298
people are discussing a subject i don't care for? how dare they
>>
>>26383783
Youre really fucking stupid
>>
>>26384298
Mad gen6 lover
>>
>>26384359
Yes how dare someone shit up the board nonstop with fake shit every day
>>
did all the kids wake up? all these aggressive comments outta nowhere
>>
>>26383893

>a punching bag strongman seal
>not water/fighting

come on son
>>
>>26384359
Don't be obtuse.
>>
I'd bet these weren't even meant to be fake leaks, some decent artist who's not even in the fakemon scene drew his renditions and then they fumbled around the internet and exploded with dumb assumptions and speculations.
>>
>>26384576
that would be great if some dude just came forward with link's to his deviant art or tumblr or whatever. i bet some people would still defend them
>>
>>26384576
I feel like they would have been found by now if that was the case.

Not that I think that these are even remotely real, but the artist might be deliberately trying to put us on his ruse cruise.
>>
File: concept.jpg (63 KB, 268x386) Image search: [Google]
concept.jpg
63 KB, 268x386
>>26381727
The style kinda reminds me of this one.
This was also a fake that just just one day appeared, and no one truly knew where it came from. And I don't think the artist ever revealed himself.
>>
>>26384904
>That
>A fake
>The artist never revealed himself
>The uncanny resemblance to 5th gen protagonist

Probably a incredibly early concept of hers that just so happened to be leaked?
>>
>>26384904
That looks allot like Hilda with similar colors and hair proportions, that could be old art of her concept so that's probably real. Esp seeing that most fake leakers don't usually tend to choose to leak only trainers.
>>
>>26381008
I dunno man I can't get over how edgy they look.

No other starter has made me go like "oh maybe their second typing is dark".

This time all three of them do.
>>
>>26385049

Now that you mention it, she IS wearing black and white.
>>
>>26383474
>>26383458
Isn't that stripe in the forehead (by some wacky coincidence) very similar to the kanji for "King"? That's why the tiger is considered the king of animals/Jungle in Asia.
>>
>>26385617
Eh, not really. 王
>>
File: Tiger Symbolism.jpg (17 KB, 340x321) Image search: [Google]
Tiger Symbolism.jpg
17 KB, 340x321
>>26385629
Like this?
>>
>>26385640
The fact that it terminates on a flat line at the top is important, though. It better resembles the kanji for "main" or "master". 主
>>
>>26385685
As for Kitten's markings, it looks more like キ than it does anything else.
>>
>>26385711
Eh, obviously I meant Litten's, figures the day I decide to get lazy proofreading.
>>
They look cool!
I hope it is real
>>
>>26381008

>They fit with the possible circus theme
>They fit with the (plz no hate) established starter motifs

You know that someone making fake leaks would try and make them match your autistic patterns, right? That's the whole point of fake leaks - to try and fool idiots like you.
>>
>>26385035
>>26385049
From what I remember I've first seen that one after BW was announced, but before we got official art of the protagonists. No idea if it was already around earlier, for some reason even on /v/ it only got posted a couple of times. But then again, that was shortly before /vp/ got created. Those were chaotic times full of scat spam.
>>
>>26386666

Nice quads, Satan.
>>
THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!
>>
File: tomsart2.jpg (138 KB, 904x709) Image search: [Google]
tomsart2.jpg
138 KB, 904x709
>>26384236
I find it funny that you think I'm the one who drew these. My art is shit.
>>
File: 1276898504439.png (229 KB, 447x337) Image search: [Google]
1276898504439.png
229 KB, 447x337
>>26383139
OOOOHHHH SHIT
that really makes me think that's real. That cat can hunch up like that too.
I really hope these are really because they're all designed so well.
They fit the circus theme but it's not obvious, except for the seal. I really like these.
>>
>>26389399
Yeah they are extremely clever and clean. They arent overdesigned like most fan pokemon are
>>
File: 1280954160781.png (17 KB, 627x526) Image search: [Google]
1280954160781.png
17 KB, 627x526
>>26383893
That makes total sense.
The owl will remain grass/flying, and that makes sense
That seal totally looks like its water/fighting
And i think at first glance the panther doesn't look like its a ground type by appearance. But it makes sense that the cat would be 4x weak to water. Maybe they thought they had to give it a second type to match the other two.
>>
>>26381008
>believes that they are real
>believe in the zodiac theory
I'm not surprised

You're just a dumb fuck that's it
>>
>>26381008
Why I think they're fake:
That clown is nightmare fuel. I'm pretty sure they don't wanna traumatize all the unlucky kids who picked popplio.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.