[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We've all had our own ideas for pokemon we want to see.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Poke10[1].jpg (111 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
Poke10[1].jpg
111 KB, 540x360
We've all had our own ideas for pokemon we want to see. But let's have a thread for those things we've wanted to be pokemon that actually came to pass. Did GameFreak's take on the concept or animal you always wanted meet your imagination? Surpass it? Disappoint?
>>
I imagined a grass snake starter a long time before it happened. It definitely turned out better. Mine was a regular looking snkaer evolving into a Quetzalcoatl type thing. The snake with limbs that evolves to lose its limbs was much more creative, and it also added the French royalty motif for extra personality. So it turned out much better.
>>
>>26379104
>liking snivy

hey man congrats on the good taste
>>
>>26379055
I always expected a Japanese thunder god pokemon since it seems to be such a common thing in Japanese pop culture, but I ended up liking Tornadus more, because of how unique it is
>>
>>26379104
Also the snake = ivy thing was brilliant too. Really many more layers tobadd up to a much more thought out design. Mine was just a plain snake with some leaves that eventually turned to wings. I was young then but still.
>>
>>26379104
Also me and my friend had a goat design but it was electric type and the ones sort of generated electric between them
design wasn't all that different from Gogoat otherwise though. They're both just goats. I think ours was fat and was skinnier or more muscular.
>>
>>26379055
I'm happy as I got:
Garbodor for feeling the toxic quatro
Pumpkin
Daruma
Fire moth
T-Rex
Icy tree
Andeater
A Bird with flying problem
Flying venuus trap

All these ideas were with me when I started designing my own pokemon in elementary.

Still waiting for:
Caveman
Grass/Dragon that is based on Dandelion (Shiny Drudigon, heh)
The Long Snake Pokemon
A pokemon that is based on CD rom
A Neon pokemon
>>
Where is my Tanuki Pokémon?
>>
>>26379055
I'm a little disappointed that the jack'o'lantern wasn't grass/fire, but there's no arguing a halloween decoration being ghost type.
>>
>>26381435
>What is Sentret
>>
both grass/ghosts were exceeded my expectations. Trevenant took the common tree enemy and made it fresh,best grass type

>>26381440
at least they gave it a bunch of fire type TMs to learn.
>>
>>26379055
Before Gen V I had the idea for a flaming boar starter, and an otter starter. I also have the idea of a manatee water starter, which kind of has come to fruition with Poplio, even though a sea lion and a manatee are pretty different.

I was disappointed that Emboar was a Fire/Fighting type, even though I enjoy its design, doing the same typing three times in a row is overkill. Samurott also leaves a bit to be desired, especially with Dewott being as cool as it is.
>>
>>26381412
>The Long Snake Pokemon
Like an Anaconda? We have a cobra and a viper, so I don't know if Serperior is a constrictor.
>>
>>26379055
I loved Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist, they were my favorite Pokemon of Gen 6 and I bought plushies and shit almost immediately after they were available.

The only thing that disappointed me was that they didn't make the Pumpkaboo line Special Attackers, especially since their counterparts the Phantump line are also Phys Attackers. Gourgeist could have cleaned house with Flamethrower and Shadow Ball, but, oh well.
>>
>>26381412
>Neon
Rotom
>Caveman
Croconaw, shame they dropped the motif
>CD ROM
People will shit on it for "muh inanimate object"
>>
I had dreams about a feline Pokemon that also had witch/mage theme to it so it could elemental attacks.

I guess Espurr & Meowstic sort of draw some ideas from it and then there's Litten. I would have liked something wild like a new born kitten that starts off as an Ice type but matures and grows thick fur and suddenly gain fire type moves or just Heat Wave
>>
>>26381609
Its really hard to tell because of Gen V design style with the strange head shapes but Id say Serp is supposed to be a tree boa. It would be easier to tell if not every single snake got coil and constrict
>>
>>26382964
delphox is pretty damn close to this
>>
>>26379055
Beheeyem
Mandibuzz
Hydreigon
Aegislash
Malamar
Barbaracle
Tyrantrum
Trevenant
Gourgeist
Avalugg
Hoopa
Volcanion
>>
>>26379055
I always wanted a pumpkin/jack-o-lantern pokemon. I would've liked it being Grass/Fire, but the designs are so adorable I can't complain, plus they're much more original that anything I would've ever come up with.
>>
>>26383043
I don't think it's any kind of snake but it's definitely non venomous, to its dismay since it's have benefited from an and xtra type and poison suddenyl got good in Gen 6. Ice always kind of thought the design came up partially because someone knew or thought of the phrase "grass snake". There was a specific kind of grass snake that had Snivy's color and pointy noae as well but it was so long ago I forget what it was.
>>
>>26383912

Close but it could use some more moves.

I also hope we get a Fairy/Fighting type and a Grass/Electric
>>
I generally keep my expectations for what I want out of future Pokemon pretty low so that whatever they come out with surprises me. Though I guess I always did want to see a grass bird starter to go with Torchic and Piplup, so I'm happy that Rowlet finally exists.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.