[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battle Maison Teams
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: Pokemontrophies.jpg (71 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
Pokemontrophies.jpg
71 KB, 660x495
Finally got the Super Singles Monument for the Battle Maison, and I want to know what teams other people used to get there. So Battle Maison thread I guess-

>Give advice to others
>Ask questions/ask for help about strategy
>Current singles/doubles/triples teams
>What is your highest record?
>Troll and bitch about not having battle frontier
>>
I got all the trophies and then stopped.
>>
>>26374390
I got all the trophies with my injectmons because the battle maison is a luck based bullshit RNG piece of crap.
>>
>>26374487
Why not just inject the fucking trophy?
>>
I wanted to start recently but I really don't know how to build my team since I know only a little of strategy.
I tried to build a team for the Super solo but I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. I'd like some advice, I feel like I don't know what I'm doing and just listening to the Smogon OU list
Here's a look
Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost
>>
>>26374487

Why even do it at all then? If you're not actually going to put in any effort and just cheat, then why fucking bother? It's not like you need to do it in game.

Breeding your own team and getting that final win is a great feeling. I'm sorry you can't enjoy it.
>>
I ran a pixelate Sylveon with choice specs and hyper voice/hyper beam that was an all-star in battle maison
>>
Triples: Greninja and Mega Venusaur using Swamp Pledge, Mewostic providing support, the other 3 were slow sweepers that hardly were brought to battle.

Doubles: Megachomp earthquaking and Rotom-W discharging with specs. The other two were immune to AoE with telepathy, levitate or typing.

Singles: Talonflame lead, would kill or u-turn to MegaKhan and some other sweeper if needed. Forgot who the third one was.

Friend battle: Got somebody with Abomasnow and whatever else. Greninja spamming blizzard and something else for cleaning high spdef or ice-type resistant pokes. I think it was physical Mega Lucario.
>>
>>26374542
>Why even do it at all then?
Because it's my game and I can play it whatever way I want.

>Breeding
yeah, no thanks. If I wanted to ride a bycicle all day long I would do it irl.
>>
>>26374539

Only ever use the Smogon sets as a jumping off point, because the computer can and will bullshit you with sleep spam, evasion move sets, legendaries and OHKO moves that will never miss. Lots of strategies from Smogon are based around what has been banned but in the Maison all gloves are off so most Smogon movesets need to be thrown out the window. I can tell you right off the bat that Rapid Spin is useless in Battle Maison because you don't run into too many stealth rock, spike users and the battles don't usually last long enough for it to matter.

Stealth rock is also pretty useless as the AI almost never switches. Unless you have a move like Roar that forces the switch or you're lucky and face a team with lots of Pokémon weak to rocks (take it from my experience, this will be almost never) it's pretty much a wasted move
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 640x640
>>26374595
>>
>>26374595

What I meant was, you get absolutely no satisfaction from doing Battle Maison when you use injectmons so why do it at all?
>>
>>26374623
Okay, I see, but do I need to find an entirely new team, or is just changing the movesets with this one would be ok ?
>>
>>26374671
>What I meant was, you get absolutely no satisfaction from doing Battle Maison when you use injectmons so why do it at all?
not him but breeding isn't hard at all it's just tedious and you don't feel like you achieve anything great when you breed a 5IV mon. i dont inject myself but i understand why people do it. i would get the same amount of satisfaction if i used injectmons.
>>
In super doubles I'm using three mons with moves that affect both pokemon in the opposite side, and a revenge killer.
>Landorus
Focus shash
Jolly
4hp/252atk/252spd
Earthquake
Rock slide
U-turn
Swords dance
-Tornadus
Life orb
Timid
252spa/4spdef/252spd
Hurricane
Heat wave
U-turn
Sludge wave
-Sylveon
Choice specs
Modest
252hp/252spa/4spdef
Hypervoice
Shadow ball
Psyshock
Protect
-Mawile
Mawilite
Adamant
252hp/252atk/4spd
Sucker punch
Iron head
Play rough
Seismic toss

The plan is, KO many mons as possible with spread moves and hurricane, then taking out the remain pokemon with sucker punches.
I'm currently at 50 win strikes.
>>
File: Y9yTQ5C.jpg (71 KB, 500x609) Image search: [Google]
Y9yTQ5C.jpg
71 KB, 500x609
If I recall correctly....

Greninja(life orb), Espeon(sash, scape goat, magic bounce incase of bullshit), Megawile for super singles
Greninja(life orb), mega mom, talonflame(band), azelf(sash) for super doubles
Greninja(life orb), Megamom, Azelf(Sash), Gengar(I forget. Mostly there to switch in fighting types threatening kanga and blissey), Talonflame(band), Blissey(scarfed)
Didn't even attempt the other 2

Tripples was the most fun unexpectedly after reading a suggestion somewhere about Scarfed serene grace blissey that spams rockslide in the middle. Worked almost too well. Literally flinch haxed my way to victory through majority of my battles while the other members cleaned house.
>>
>>26374390
My highest streak was 46. My team: RestTalk Milotic (made a post about it early today), Defiant Bisharp, Analytic Physical Defensive Porygon2, Focus Sash Mixed Offensive Infernape, Protect Mega Sceptile, and Intimidate Swords Dance Mega Mawile.

After I lost I fully ignored the Maison and went back to Johto's Battle Frontier.
>>
>>26374696

I mean, apart from changing the movesets around (and you'll probably go through a couple of RNG based losses before you tweak them just right) the team seems solid.

Another bit of advice is try to use 100% accuracy moves as much as possible. Even things with 90% will miss at the most critical times or will forever miss after one double team. I tried using a Sceptile with Focus Blast at one point and I swear it only hit about 30% of the time and almost always missed when I needed it to hit.

Dragonite is one of the most commonly used Maison Pokes though and yours is pretty much perfect as long as its got the right IV's.
>>
>>26374390
Faggot.
>>
I used this team for rotation battles

Greninja@Expert Belt Protean
252SpAtk/252Spd/4Hp Timid
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Surf
Dark Pulse

Dragonite@Lum Berry Multiscale
252Atk/252Spd/4Df Adamant
Outrage
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Thunder Punch

Kangaskhan@Kanghaskhanite
252Atk/252Spd/4Hp Jolly
Dizzy Punch
Earthquake
Powerup Punch
Suckerpunch

Volcarona@Focus Sash Flame Body
252SpAtk/252Spd/4SpDf Timid
Quiver Dance
Bug Buzz
Flamethrower
Giga Drain

Got me 80 straight wins.
>>
>>26374851
Okay, I'll keep that in mind, thanks a lot anon
>>
>>26374832

Don't give up man-you can make it to 50! How did you lose?
>>
File: 1461770003951.jpg (99 KB, 642x1000) Image search: [Google]
1461770003951.jpg
99 KB, 642x1000
>not steam-rolling the maison with a perma mega salamence with extremespeed
>not using a dragon dance garchomp alongside a gengar in doubles
>>
>>26374390
I did all the trophies a while ago as well. I thought Rotation was the hardest, because you had to guess the most.

I got around 200 in singles with a Mega Kangaskhan, Aegislash and Gliscor team. Lead with Kang and Power-Up Punch once, then just click Return. This wins about 80% of your battles. I can go into more detail if anyone cares.This team is sort of weak to Ghost/Trick Room trainers, though.

I did doubles with a level 1 Aron and Greninja AI abuse strategy. Not original but it works.

For triples, I used Mega Charizard Y and Scarf Eruption Typhlosion on my team. I don't remember all of it, though, but those two blow through a lot of what the AI can throw at you.

In rotation, I used dual screens Klefki, Kangaskhan, Serperior and Cloyster in the back. The idea was just to boost up too quickly for the opponent to handle. The fact that switching takes no turns in rotation makes screens extra strong.

I think I did multi with Wally as my partner, using Mega Beedril and Lando in a U-Turn core. Gallade and Magnezone are good, and Wally does allright. Not like Steven, who loves to explode his Metagross every chance he gets.
>>
>>26374748

Ah, I guess we just have different viewpoints then. Injectmons always felt like cheating to me so that's why I never get any satisfaction when using them. I know breeding isn't hard, but at least I personally put in the time to mess with the IV's and get them just right and raise the Pokémon the way I want. Even though they're bits of RNG based data, putting in that small amount of effort makes winning with your team more worthwhile.
>>
File: 14992384729.png (324 KB, 577x447) Image search: [Google]
14992384729.png
324 KB, 577x447
Let's get this out the way...
Fuck hydro miss
Fuck surf
Scald will do everything and more for you especially with greninja. Burn baby BURN!
>>
>>26374897
Do you remember the OHKO Walrein? It appeared three times in a row, and when I finally beat it by the third time with Mega Mawile being my last mon, then a Sashed Houndoom appeared.
>>
>>26374390
Trick Room teams carry you far in the Maison because the AI doesn't have a counter for them. Doubles is a breeze if you use a Cresselia with this move for example.
>>
>>26375035

I know that feel man, that same Walrein/Articuno/Vanilluxe/Dewgong ruined my streak plenty of times. I like how it always hits, without fail to.

But if you made it to 46 you clearly have a good enough team to get to 50. Maybe replace a move somewhere for something super effective against ice or replace an item with a focus sash so you can't get OHKO'd....
>>
>>26374978
>Not like Steven, who loves to explode his Metagross every chance he gets.

Steven is a great partner for multi, I'm not sure how you had issues with him.
>>
>>26375104
My Infernape is Sashed but I always use it as a lead, maybe if I use Porygon2 as a lead instead I should have better results. My Porygon2:
Analytic (HA), Bold, HP 252, Def 252, SpA 4
-Ice Beam
-Discharge (The 30% chance of Paralyzing makes it like a Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave fusioned in the same move)
-Toxic
-Recover
>>
>>26375151
Wait, I just looked it up again, and Stevens Metagross doesn't even have Explosion. I must have confused him with a different AI partner I had at one point.
>>
>>26374671
I would enjoy it just fine. I don't understand this idea of injections being terrible for the Maison. It would be one thing if you were hacking them to have 9999 in all stats or huge power Slaking or something. Injecting perfect Pokemon that don't have illegal stars, moves, etc. is admittedly less satisfying than breeding them, but to me it is the same idea as rental Pokemon or just having a friend trade you these perfect mons.

I especially don't have a problem exploiting a game that cheats like the Maison does. If the game is going to cheat so hard, how does trying to level the playing field remove all fun? I've never used action replay or injectors or any kind of cheating device in any game, but I have abused glitches and bad AI in games that I've considered unfair. Just because you might think something is unfun doesn't mean others can't find them fun.
>>
File: 1453600828675.png (112 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1453600828675.png
112 KB, 540x540
>doing well in maison
>suddenly stall team appears
>suddenly trick room team appears
>suddenly that fucking veteran with legends appears

Why must I suffer...
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.