[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on each generation's popularity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: gen.png (23 KB, 770x260) Image search: [Google]
gen.png
23 KB, 770x260
What are your thoughts on each generation's popularity?
>>
So, the boat was sinking but X/Y and ORAS saved it
>>
1 is Overrated
2 is ok
3 is overrated
4 ,5,6 is underrated
>>
File: flawless logic.png (29 KB, 770x372) Image search: [Google]
flawless logic.png
29 KB, 770x372
So by this logic, Gen 7 will improve
>>
>>26372808
its also the fact that half of the people who have a 3ds only bought it for X/Y myself included
>>
People prefer the games they had as a child, and favor the newest installment. Games between these two end up getting passed over or forgotten
>>
>>26372783
Red and blue had a lot more going for it. The pokemania, the movies, the hyped up anime. The plushies everywhere. I swear at the time, everybody knew at least 5 Pokemon.
>>
>>26372783
>we use GameFAQS to measure popularity now

okay
>>
File: laughing reptiles.jpg (19 KB, 300x261) Image search: [Google]
laughing reptiles.jpg
19 KB, 300x261
>>26372783

>GameFAQs poll
>Being an accurate measure of each generation's popularity
>>
>>26373208
This
Gamefaqs is filled with plebs and manchildren.
>>
>>26373242
this, they were spot on with gen 5 being the worst tho
>>
>>26373247
sounds like /vp/
>>
This is innacurate.

Gen 5 isn't the most hated gen, Gen 3 was at the time of its release, because of Pokemon being "uncool" at the time. It was the point where the initial hype had died down, and it had competitors like Yu-Gi-Oh.

It only started being liked once the Hoennbabies grew up and took over the fanbase.

Gen 5 hate is just a meme spawned by cherrypicking (using the Trubbish and Vanillite lines as a representation of the gen).
>>
>>26373247

Gamefaqs is horrible. Every time someone asks for help in a game, the TC gets insulted. Most game discussion threads devolve into two veteran fags arguing. You're better off going to Reddit if you want good help or discussion, or 4chan if you want casual assholery.
>>
>>26373492
>Every time someone asks for help in a game, the TC gets insulted

Help is what the FAQs are for

The site is called GameFAQs, not GameAskAtTheBoards

But yes, the site is filled trolls and shitposters
>>
>>26373427
Gen 5 is unfairly underrated just because LE UGLY TRASH BAG & DUMB ICE CREAM XDDDDD.

Gen 5 might not be the best, but it gave us the best post game till date, cool music, interesting history (for a pokemon game), great characters with defined personalities and awesome pokemon like Volcarona, Chandelure, Bisharp, Hydreigon, among others.
>>
>descends heavily until gen 6
>Gen 6 also contains remakes of an older generation and XY tries to kick up nostalgia
Hmmmm
Seems pretty accurate to me.
>>
>>26373427
>>26373733
stop making up bullshit
i like the vanilite line, and even i agree that the games are trash.
>>
>>26373492
4chan ALWAYS delivers though

Even the dumbest questions
>>
>>26373427
>>26373733
just accept it
>>
>>26373774
>>26373814
That‘s just your opinion.
>>
>>26372827
That's not how it works. Gen 6 is only "popular" because it's recent. Skip 10 years into the future and it'll still be a perfect decreasing order with the newest gen a little bit better than the one before it.
>>
File: lol.png (3 KB, 751x30) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
3 KB, 751x30
>>26372783
Well, at least they got one of them right.
>>
>normies dont like the 2nd best gen
what a surprise
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.