[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 61-Bouffalant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: bouffalant_by_epiclugh-d8gcml5.png (616 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
bouffalant_by_epiclugh-d8gcml5.png
616 KB, 894x894
Last time was the Bisharp line, today will be about the Bash Buffalo Pokemon (based Dex name) Bouffolant.
My thoughts: This is probably a Pokemon that at first glance, you'll either like or hate. Luckily I'm of the former, because honestly there have been weird or funny looking Pokemon in the past that have been fan favorites before, and Bouffalant isn't that bad of an offender IMO. Anyways, I've rarely used one but I hear it's a pretty good normal type. Really good Attack, decent bulk, and decent abilites.

Overall, it's one of the Normal types I like.
Oh wait, there's one thing I don't like about Bouffalant: it's how fans have instigated it as one of the few Gen 5 Pokemon that should've been an evolved form of an older Pokemon. Like Luvdisc should evolve into Alomamola, most have argued that Tauros should evolve into Bouffalant. I completely disagree with this because how would a bull with 3 tails evolve into a buffalo with an affro? It doesn't make sense in the slightest. And before you say
>b-but Pokemon have evolved into completely different animals before
There is always some concept or theme behind it. For example, Remoraid->Octillary is an evolution of weapons. The gun(Remoraid) becomes the cannon(Octillery). Magikarp->Gyarados is based off a myth on how a fish jumps a waterfall and becomes a dragon due to its hard work, and Feebas->Milotic is a theme on ugliness becomes beauty.
What theme can you make out of Tauros->Bouffalant? Tauros decides to get "groovy"? Sorry, but this became reality, Bouffalant would be the most nonsensical evolution in Pokemon, period.
>>
I like the afro. That's it.
>>
It's funky, and I like it.
>>
One of my favorite designs on pokémon. Tauros is pretty amazing too.
I don't care about the whole "should have been Tauros evo" or whatever.

I like the Afro, the horns are pretty cool etc. Overall one ot of the best designs to me.
>>
It has one of the coolest names for a signature move, Afro Break.

Unfortunately, this is the Japanese only name. The lame english translation is "head charge".
>>
Afro Breaker it's one of my top bros.
>>
>>26371546
I still hate fact that they changed that name. Is perfect.
>>
>>26370568
It's a very masculine and erotic pokemon. It's more of a bull than tauros.
>>
Based bison. Too bad it's so slow. Even just raising its speed by 20 would help a lot.
>>
>>26370568
Love it to bits. It's a tank, hits hard, has some great abilities. I love its design 100%, love its signature move, and think Alder's the man. All-in-all, 10/10 Pokemon.
>>
I remember seeing it for the first time, and being hyped about Tauros getting an evolution.

I still like it, even if I've never used it. Single stage normal types are usually not worth the trouble.
>>
File: bf2.png (309 KB, 500x588) Image search: [Google]
bf2.png
309 KB, 500x588
Bouffalant is a lot of fun, its a shame he comes so late in the games where he's available. One of my favourite pokemon for low tier online and in general.

Head Charge has a really great animation in the 3D games too.
>>
File: bouffalant.gif (140 KB, 111x87) Image search: [Google]
bouffalant.gif
140 KB, 111x87
Look at this fabulous motherfucker. I wish he was useful out of game in more than just the bottom-most rungs of competitive, and I like Tauros a bit more from a design standpoint, but god damn does this fucker ooze style.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.