[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i am aware that these are fake and from deviant art XY introduced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
i am aware that these are fake and from deviant art

XY introduced megas for the Kanto starters, and ORAS for Hoenn starters.
Since I doubt GSC will get a remake, but most likely VC port, I think SM will introduce Gen2 Megas, and possible a Gen4 one, like torchic, to promote an upcoming remake
>>
>>26364417
>muh patterns

How about they just introduce Megas for ALL the remaining starters so the trios don't feel laughably out of balance?

No, seriously, is it really THAT fucking hard?
>>
>>26364479
It isn't hard, but it makes sense to draw it out so that each trio doesn't have to share too much of the spotlight, you know?
>>
I think they should skip II and IV and instead give V and VI their megas.
>>
>>26364497
Drawing it out makes less sense to me than just giving all the current starters a Mega Evolution. Only having some starters get super forms as opposed to others just seems out of place to me and really detracts from the novelty of the starter trios in the first place.
>>
>>26364523
They should do II next precisely because they're all terrible.
>>
>>26364479
>How about they just introduce Megas for ALL the remaining starters
So that its not a closterfuck, and so that they can market them?
Kanto got marketed until ORAS
Hoenn gets marketed until Johto gets its megas.
Not saying all won't get their starters, but it makes sense to have them sporadically show them, instead of burning that cartridge in one go
>>
>gen 4 mega
>torterra won't get it
>it'll go to fucking empoleon or sun wukong
>>
>>26364537
Drawing it out maybe gives them time to learn from their mistakes and make the next batch even more solid.
Who the fuck decided to cover a 4x resistance with Lightning Rod?
>>
>>26364417
The Johto trio would fit pretty well in Alola.
>>
>>26364537
It makes sense from a marketing and profit standpoint.

giving 'equal treatment' to mons is something that has never really happened before.

See: counterparts that gain evos/prevos/megas that the others do not
>>
File: 132942885117.jpg (106 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
132942885117.jpg
106 KB, 554x439
Honestly? I'm thinking they should at least give megas out to at least three gens this time as opposed to two.

Have it be II, IV and V, because lord knows V needs it badly.
>>
>>26364655
>It makes sense from a marketing and profit standpoint.

I don't buy that, frankly. They could market their brand perfectly well before Megas were even introduced. Equal treatment isn't going to be some huge disaster to their marketing strategy and I don't know why you're acting like it is.
>>
File: 1463450395230.png (260 KB, 413x409) Image search: [Google]
1463450395230.png
260 KB, 413x409
First thread that isnt about roothoot and friends v2, or shitting on a mon.
Least active thread.
Good try, OP
>>
>>26364417
>and possible a Gen4 one, like torchic
>>
File: 1431310079852.jpg (9 KB, 238x180) Image search: [Google]
1431310079852.jpg
9 KB, 238x180
>>26364417
>and possible a Gen4 one, like torchic,
>>
>>26364712

Not OP but I think what he meant to say was. To give one of the Gen IV mons a mega before the other two, similarly to what they did to Torchic in XY.
>>
>>26364658
>lord knows V needs it badly.
I agree with you, but it feels a little quick to me.

>>26364683
Its maximising proffit.
Have 3 megas at the same time, mosr kids will choose 1 out of 3. Give him 6, he still has money for 1.
But if you wait enough, he will get merchandise of another one as in its due time.
Also, Kanto megas got around 6 of my normie friends back into pokemon after droping it after RSE
>>
>>26364683
Concepting toys and goods takes quite a bit of time and money - even more so when you have to do 7 sets of 3.

Starters are a little more special than regular mons and are sure to get sales, but not when they overshadow each other. Even more so when Kanto starters are involved, much less Charizard,

Not too many people are gonna buy a Mega Samurott toy, but even less are going to buy it if it debuted at the same time as Mega Charizard X/Y.
>>
Johto really needs Megas.

Good designs, but only one of the three is actually useful.
>>
>>26364775
>Not too many people are gonna buy a Mega Samurott toy, but even less are going to buy it if it debuted at the same time as Mega Charizard X/Y

Definitely true, but Gen I is already covered isn't it? I guess Gen II still holds more popularity for the normies because nostalgia and all but I don't see how at least three gens of starter trios would hurt. They could also stretch out the time frames in which they release merchandise and plushies, like they've actually been doing.

I guess I just don't think it'll affect their sales as much as it would seem to affect them on paper. But you're probably right.
>>
File: ohshitman.png (341 KB, 497x396) Image search: [Google]
ohshitman.png
341 KB, 497x396
>>26364417
>Johto starters potentially getting Megas in gen 7 premiere instead of Z means brand-new abilities are on the table
>yfw Mega Meganium could get some stupid-broken ability that puts it in ubers
>>
>>26364907
>MMgeanium gets fairy type. Not weak to fire anymore.
>Gets moonblast
>>
>>26364417
As much as I love the Totodile line, I really couldn't possibly give less of a fuck about the Gen 2 starters. The Gen 4 starters even less so since they all have such elaborate designs that I don't even think those fuckers NEED Megas, although it's obvious that all the starters will get them at some point.

Gen 5 needs them most of all IMO. Gamefreak really needs to just go ahead and give 'em to them, we already know that Masuda doesn't like conforming strictly to patterns anyway.
>>
>>26364851
It's most likely due to post release hype driving sales.

They staggered toys and plushies for mons in Gen IV and V and I was actually living in Japan during that time and there was a definite drop in interest when there isn't a new generation out so toys released in between releases kind of suffered.

Mind you it does pick up when a remake/3rd version/sequel comes out but not nearly as much.

We're talking a difference between a line outside the pokemon center for blocks and a packed store.
>>
>>26364417
>tfw Chikorita is my favorite starter
>tfw Meganium will never be good

Just god damn Chikorita is just so fucking adorable and I love how goofy Meganium is.
>>
>>26364556
Feraligatr isn't that bad.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.