[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>not a single hackrom based on Kalos why not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
>not a single hackrom based on Kalos

why not?
>>
Yeah, where the hack roms that I can play on 3ds emulator on my phone? I wonder how good the graphics will look with filters.
>>
>>26364048
>on my phone
literally why
The emulator is called Citra and it's not yet playable, but why don't you just use a 3DS for the hacks?
>>
File: 1462222459396.gif (1 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1462222459396.gif
1 MB, 480x360
>>26364110
Anon, I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic....
>>
>>26363991
neither Sinnoh onwards
>>
>>26364349
Sinnoh does.
>>
>>26364372
where?
>>
>>26364048
>Implying it should be for 3ds

>>26363991
The closest I saw was a red random hack generator that had even gen 6 pokemon.
To be fair, it would be a lot more trouble to port gen 6 stuff to older hacks using older gen engines.
>>
>>26363991
Because we've barely explored Gen 6 hacking and because there has literally never ever been a successful demake except potentially Platinum Red, which still isn't finished so whether it will actually get finished is still up in the air.

If we do get a successful demake I'd much rather see Unova or Sinnoh before Kalos, though. A Gen 2 Hoenn could be cool too.
>>
>>26363991
Are you fucking stupid? There are already dozens.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 600x330
>XY Demake 1
>work actually put into it
>inserts a bunch of Gen 3-6 Pokemon around Johto, includes new items including an item that removes trade evolutions, includes Kris in a Gold ROM, made various changes for the better
>it's dead in the water
>It's a hack of an English Gold ROM made by a Mexican guy so he tried to create the hack and translate it to Taco language at the same time

>XY Demake 2
>It's a hack of Emerald
>apparently made by a 13 year old, Jesus CHRIST
>inserted text is all in lowercase, lacks punctuation or even coherent sentence structure
>plasters new things in the old areas in an attempt to force Gen 6 into Emerald the hard way
>sells Mega Stones right off the bat, not sure if they even work
>added sprites look like crap

>nothing else can be found anywhere significant
>>
>>26365969
I would make one but I don't have a 3DS

I would have to literally watch YouTube videos to get a grasp of the region
>>
>>26363991

Please spoiler this walking corpse next time OP.
>>
>>26366008
the next president of the USA
>>
Too much effort when you can just play XY
>>
>>26366023
I don't see a picture of Bernie Sanders
>>
>>26366023

Not at the rate she's going. Under the circumstances, I'm not sure whether or not to be thankful for that.
>>
>>26366046
Bernie is mathematically eliminated
>>
>>26363991
You say it like there is a ton based on Sinnoh and Unova.
>>
There's at least four.
NeoXY
Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire
Rising Ruby/Sinking Sapphire
Eternal X/Wilting Y
>>
>>26368014
>Kalos
>Ruby and Saphire
>>
>>26368065
Well, thought the topic was about gen 6 romhacks in general. Still applies, there are two just for Kalos.
>>
>>26368014

I've played Wilting Y (on the highest difficulty option) recently. All that those roms do is make the game harder and change where pokemon appear. Doesn't really count as a good hacked rom imo.

And NeoXY is complete trash. I got halfway through and stopped. They attempted to adjust the story but made it really edgy and poorly. There wasn't too much effort put into it, and if there was, it was by someone younger than 15.

There really are no hacked roms for XY.
>>
>>26364048
>not modding your 3ds
>being this new
>not realizing he's talking about a demake of Kalos on older gen roms
>>
>>26368337
It's kind of improbable to do a "good" romhack at this stage with gen 6. Even doing it with gen 5 along with a fullblown region would require a wizard or someone very dedicated. But they exist regardless, and it's not like there's many for Platinum/BW/BW2.
>hacked rom
Just say romhack, hacked rom sounds awkward as fuck.
>>
>>26368337
I wanted to do more with EXWY, but as I don't have a way to view the 3DS's memory, scripting anything was impossible. I did change more than just wild Pokémon and the difficulty, though; porting over the ORAS level up moves took forever.
>>
>>26363991
Kalos a shit.
>>
File: 1460845914952.png (134 KB, 491x377) Image search: [Google]
1460845914952.png
134 KB, 491x377
>>26365969
I wouldn't call XY Naturia an XY demake despite the name and the protagonists.

>>26365992
I kind of want to make a demake myself, but the only things I've done that could count as "progress" for that is the music covers I sometimes posted on /heg/, and they're split between all the regions from Hoenn up to Kalos so there isn't much unification.
>>
>>26366046
What's your point?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.