[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will megas return?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
With gen 6, most promotional material centered around megas? I'm not getting the same vibe from Sun/Moon. Do you think they will return as a core focus like with gen 6? I'm not asking if you like them, fags, just do you think they'll be as big a focus this time around.
>>
How many megas did you see in the XY reveal trailer?

Comparably, why do you think the exact same trailer for Sun and Moon would feature any?
>>
>>26363610
That's a great point, however we did see new "forms" before we even got a trailer for x and y, so it does seems strange that there's less of a focus on older pokemon so far.
>>
>>26363610
But that was before Megas were revealed, and in the first real ORAS trailer they showed Mega Sceptile and Swampert, indicating a return of more new megas. With no sight of them in the new trailer, you're left to wonder. I'm sure they'll still be there but it is interesting.
>>
>>26363684
>>26363681
Megas aren't the hot new meme anymore. They're just expected by this point, no need to shill them.
>>
>>26363710
Pretty much this.
>>
>>26363710
They're still pretty popular with the main audience, and no how vp feels is not how the majority of fans feel.
>>
>>26363681
We got new forms before we even got a trailer for sun and moon too though.

Did you forget Robo Zygarde, Ash-Greninja, and whatever the fuck Magearna is?
>>
>>26363742
The majority of the fans are nostalgiashitters and hate megas though.
>>
They'll probably feature more heavily in the Diamond and Pearl remakes.
>>
>>26363799
Magearna is simply SM/Gen7 Mythical pokemon. This was confirmed early on the pokemon site. It isn't a forme of anything it's an entirely new pokemon. The first revealed for Gen 7.

Perfect Zygarde, if it even makes it into the game is just like Mega Fug and the ORAS box mascots. Their forme changhes in the same manner for Mega Evolution but it is called something synonymous.

Same goes for Ash Frog, which, like Zygarde, may not even show up in SM.

On the topic: SM might only give us a handful of megas. I would expect more if/when we get DP remakes.
>>
>>26363875
>Magearna is simply SM/Gen7 Mythical pokemon.
Yeah but remember that Shaymin was only Shaymin Land forme, Diancie had a mega, Deoxys had 4 formes, and Manaphy had something to do with Phione.

I'm not saying Magearna is related to something old, I was saying it could be a forme.
>>
>>26363905

If it gets other formes, fine. Currently, there is absolutely nothing to suggest it has any other formes at this point. Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Victini, etc didn't get any forme changes. Please do not add to the plethora of straw graspers on /vp/.

Until proven otherwise, Magearna is simply Magearna.
>>
Megas are here to stay. It's a major game mechanic that they wouldn't just fucking take away. They've never done that, maybe if you count gems. When you explore Alola you're going to find all the mega stones just like you did in ORAS. And they'll probably add more. The thought of them removing megas is more autistic than believing in Rapelio.
>>
>>26363964
To be fair, Jirachi got the third eye stuff and Victini got V fire atomic bomb mode.
>>
>>26364127
Fair point, to an extent. However, neither of those have had any representation in the games to any degree.
>>
>>26363813
Except that's completely wrong and you're 100% percent retarded for thinking that.
>>
>>26364167
>what is jiracchis R/S sprite
>what is v-create
>>
>>26364195
Pokemon Go being 151 only, TCG's Generations set, and VC releases of RBY instead of months of Sun and Moon news prove that GF cares more about nostalgiashitters than the types of people who would go to /vp/.
>>
>>26364209
The third eye opening and closing is not related to formes.

V Create is a move. Also not related to formes.

What are you even trying to argue?
>>
>>26364167
True enough. I guess we'll just have to see if Magearna ends up being anything neat.
>>
>>26364246
Same thing as you, my boi, read my reply maybe?
>>
>>26364243
I'm still pissed about Pokemon go.

And yeah, I get that they're trying to keep the older audience, but they really don't represent the majority.
Gamefreak and Nintendo are probably just as retarded.
>>
>>26364369
I thought you were trying to >imply that those things were somehow related to formes or something. That's my bad.
>>
>>26364389
It's all good baby, I still love you
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.