[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game Freak is pretty much done with third version games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
Game Freak is pretty much done with third version games?
>>
If we expect that there won't be a 3rd version, GameFreak may surprise us with a third version. Though wasn't there an interview saying GF was done with 3rd versions?
>>
>>26359072
there was, yes.
anyone that was actually expecting Pokemon Z is a fucking idiot. the mold has been broken since the release of B2/W2 and you can't expect the same patterns from GF anymore.
>>
>>26359168
Well they can lie as well.

>>26359072
It's bound to happen one day, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>26359168
There may have been idiots expecting an actual "Pokemon Z", but I think a lot of the people on the Z Bandwagon were just expecting the next game(s) to feature Zygarde. Whether the games were called Z, XY, XYZ, XZ/YZ, X2/Y2, Sun/Moon, etc.
>>
>>26359047
Game freak never said that.
>>
>>26359047
>>26359168
No, they only said they wouldn't make Z directly after XY. Stop blowing things out of proportions.
>>
>>26359047
Third versions were cancer, I'm glad they're gone. Two are all we need, just get to the next gen already.
>>
>>26360890
In theory getting rid of third versions should've made GameFreak put a good amount of content in the first versions, but as you can see with XY they didn't, so nothing really changes. You're just buying barebones games now.
>>
File: 1461931598300.gif (205 KB, 499x320) Image search: [Google]
1461931598300.gif
205 KB, 499x320
Sure if they actually put all the 3rd version shit in the first game(Move tutors and stuff) like they should.
>>
>>26360929
They didn't do it either with ORAS since everyone was expecting the Battle Frontier. Masuda knows that everybody wanted the BF there so it kinda gives me hope that they will add something big in Sun/Moon
>>
i think it's safe to assume that those are done
>>
Remember the last third version was 8 years ago.
>>
What if they push the third version to the next generation?
Since X/Y and S/M are on the same engine, they could take all the Gen VII improvements and Pokemon and bring them back to Kalos, then give us the Zygarde story/expanded Team Flare story.

I'm not saying they will do that (or even might do that), but I'm saying it's not a bad idea.
>>
POKÉMON Z-ECLIPSE
Cap this post.
>>
>>26361253
I keep thinking it's been longer than that.
>>
> Zfags BTFO
> Roothootfags BTFO
> Gen 6.5fags BTFO
> Mexicofags BTFO
> SouthFranceFags BTFO
> Iberiafags BTFO

And in a few months or years

> Eclipsefags BTFO
>>
>>26359047
>Eclipse
Hoku the boy in the trailer. Yeah his name is the Hawaiin word for Star.
Pokemon Star Confirmed
>>
Game Freak realized that potential customers would skip the paired versions, knowing the third versions were kept mostly the same in story, but improved in other aspects.
>>
>>26362592
>What is sun
>>
I genuinely expect they're going to make a 7th gen Kalos game.
Think about it, there's still so much stuff left untouched about Kalos and since they have a boner for breaking patterns, it would be the first time they make a third version of a game in another generation
>>
Third legendary is "Marshadow"
"mars" and "shadow".
If you're not adding the planet to the sum, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>26362753
The sun is a star.
The moon is clouds.
>>
>>26362839
L
O
L
WHAT AN EPIC MEME
GOTTA SHOW MY FRIENDS
WHEN THEY GET OUT OF SCHOOL TODAY, I JUST KNOW THEY'LL LOVE THIS
GREAT TO BE SICK, HUH?
XD
>>
Seems that way. If SM uses the two remaining pentagon slots there won't be a "third version" for those either and they'll just move onto another pair with new Pokemon.

It's better this way. I hate the third version rehash games.
>>
>>26362530
Iberia?
>>
>>26359168
>there was, yes.

Nice source.

By the way. B2/W2 WAS THE THIRD VERSION
>>
I'm perfectly fine with it as long as we get proper sequels like B2/W2 instead that do what the third versions always did, expand on and improve mechanics and regions introduced in the new generation, along with entirely new plots that are the sequels to the first games in the generation.

I'd love an eventual X/Y 2 that started up after Team Flare's bullshit, with the scientist guy breaking out of prison, and those four fine Flare sluts teaming back up so they can fuck around with a very pissed off Zygarde. Throw in that Flare skank from the Elite 4 too.

But just a plain Z version? No thanks.
>>
I think Eclipse will have Zygarde stuff, if it happens. Also, checkem.
>>
>>26361344
>>26362808
God, I hope so.
I just don't want Kalos to end with no really good game.
I mean, it's France, for fuck's sake!
>>
>>26366606
Shouldn't that be "B2/W2 were the third versions"?
>>
File: 1457761252872.png (666 KB, 1255x1086) Image search: [Google]
1457761252872.png
666 KB, 1255x1086
>>26366685
>>26362808

>A game where you get to go to Alola AND Kalos, like Johto and Kanto, with the plot extending through both regions and involving both legendary pantheons

Actually... no now that I think about it, it'd be great if it was done well, but I feel like both regions would feel really unpolished and overall we'd be disappointed because there is no way they'd make a Pokemon game twice as large as any others. Kanto was extremely unpolished in Gold and Silver.
>>
>>26366750
Yeah, but that's not exactly what we're asking for.
Even if there's no Alola, it'd be fine to just have Kalos.
Anyway, Kanto was bare in GSC because it was just a bonus. If they built the game around having two regions, I'm sure it could work well.
>>
File: 1418785082218.png (208 KB, 361x692) Image search: [Google]
1418785082218.png
208 KB, 361x692
>>26360890
>what is Emerald
>what is Platinum
>implying

fuck off
>>
While I don't doubt that 3rd games are done for, I'm wondering what can be done to switch it up now. Gen5 had sequels instead of a third game. Gen 6 had nothing. If Gen 7 does something neat, what could it be? I guess if GO wasn't shit and it really was meant to be "Gee-Oh" as in Geo and connect with SM then that'd do it, but that isn't looking likely at this point and it certainly doesn't seem like anyone would care despite it being NEW.
>>
>>26362530
This
>>
>>26362838
I always see it as Marsh-shadow
>>
>>26359047

Pokemon Zeclipse

its gonna happen.
>>
>>26359168
>BW2 wasn't the third version
Pokemon has the single dumbest fanbase in the world
>>
>>26362666
So what? They'd buy the first version then skip the third version otherwise.
>>
>>26360890
Youre wrong. Paired games were cancer, and 3rd versions were the treatment
>>
>>26359047
At least align those logos better, this looks awful
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.