[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sun/Moon Speculation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1462899389707.jpg (474 KB, 920x685) Image search: [Google]
1462899389707.jpg
474 KB, 920x685
Speculate about the upcoming games here.

If you can see your trainer in battle now, and the battle circles are gone, what happens when you're Surfing? Does the trainer just know how to swim suddenly?
>>
Your trainer just won't be seen in battles on the water.
>>
File: Alola Trio (2).jpg (108 KB, 1136x869) Image search: [Google]
Alola Trio (2).jpg
108 KB, 1136x869
Either;

>Every Pokemon that knows Surf will have an overworld Surfing model, much like how you can ride Lapras, Sharpedo and Kyogre in Gen 6

or

>Surf has been replaced with a Surfboard/Speedboat Key Item, which your trainer will be shown riding during battle

Either way, the "battle circles" being gone are a visual treat, and the only thing that can kill my hype is if Hawaii ends up being Hoenn 2.0.
>>
They will probably never get ridd of the surfing gimmick. That being said I hope the pokemon from ORAS/XY will have overworld models and maybe they will make some additions since its based on Hawaii and travelling from one insland to another would be more entertaining that way. Hopefully flying on routes will also stay.
>>
>>26354737
That would be incredibly disappointing.
>>
>>26354763
Yea I don't know how that will work in battles btw.
>>
>>26354737
>yfw the trainer's on a surfboard
>yfw the Surfboard from beta Red/Green is brought back
>>
Surfing Pikachu (or Pichu) will be the day one eventmon, like XY's Torchic and ORAS's Beldum.
>>
>>26354865
Not a bad idea
>>
>>26354732
They might just show the trainer on the Pokemon surfing model, whatever it is. If they go whole hog and give every mon their own surfing model (which is doubtful, given the size of some), they'll probably just have the trainer surfing on it AND the Pokemon surfing out in battle at the same time. As dumb as that sounds, it's classic gamefreak.
>>
>>26354732
I want it to have the trainer drowning or floundering around behind the Pokemon.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.