[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was the best "final boss" of the series And why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Who was the best "final boss" of the series

And why was itGreevil
>>
Black and White's Ghestis tho.
>>
Evice Tbh.
>>
At the risk of being called a genwunner, I honestly have not given a shit about beating any of the final bosses apart from Blue/Red.
>>
>>26349503
wally was the oras final boss

Cynthia was the b/w final boss
>>
Evice and Nascour were perfect
>>
File: image.png (157 KB, 433x442) Image search: [Google]
image.png
157 KB, 433x442
THIS FIGHT
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rvHVAk2DjS8
>>
>>26349503
Cynthia for the "tension" feeling
Iris for the "this is the final stretch" feeling
>>
Cynthia was prob the best Pokemon trainer.
>>
>>26349557
This might be because you changed as a person and not because the games have changed
>>
File: 1456277425386.jpg (291 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
1456277425386.jpg
291 KB, 1280x1440
>>26349503

Fuck Greevil and his 3 shadow burds.
>>
I really don't get the Cynthia love.
>>
>>26349503
If you're counting Red, you may as well count Barry, Wally, and Cynthia
>>
Each gen has it's own reason for being good for the most part.

Rival was the one who had been up your ass all game and now was your chance to put him in his place.

Red was the champion of the last game, so it's cool to acknowledge that he's still around after all was said and done in Kanto and now was your chance to take down the ultimate opponent.

Wallace and Steven essentially belong in the same place, they had been accompanying you throughout your whole journey and you had only seen them as helpers along your journey, but then find out that they had been the champion of the region all along.

Cynthia's got a rad ass boss tune and had an air of mystery surrounding her throughout the game. But she essentially is the same as Wallace/Steven.

Ghestis is the only thing Pokemon has ever gotten to a proper evil final boss, and that's why it's good, also the appropriate haunting music to boot.

Iris is personally my favorite because you get to see what her training led up to after the first game. Then you get to finish the 2 part gen with a fun tune and an exciting overall battle.

Diantha is a wannabe Cynthia and sucks desu.
>>
>>26349829
Wow excellent insight I've never thought of that wow
>>
>>26349908
I thought it was cool that a random celebrity happened to be the Champion, but Diantha should have shown up more than twice.
>>
>>26349503
Steven "Suave" Stone, nothing more to say, i´m still mad that Wallace took his place in Emerald.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDFWznA_L2k
>>
File: image.gif (769 KB, 408x172) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
769 KB, 408x172
>>26349888
I'm counting every character from every game that can be perceived as a final boss including gale of darkness and even conquest, the only rule I guess it keep it people so no mystery dungeon games
>>
>>26349503
Beating Steven in ORAS (actually, all of the league) filled me with the most satisfaction I've gotten from beating a pokemon game ever. Mainly because I had never arrived at the league so underleveled.
>>
File: 1462764575612.jpg (28 KB, 461x346) Image search: [Google]
1462764575612.jpg
28 KB, 461x346
I never played Gale of Darkness.
How hard is Greevil if you plan on capturing all the pokémon he has?
>>
>>26349777
Champion Iris is a horrible stain on an otherwise great sequel.
>>
File: ghetsis.jpg (115 KB, 500x679) Image search: [Google]
ghetsis.jpg
115 KB, 500x679
Ghetsis overall, for theming and ability to completely fuck up your shit with his signature Pokemon.
>>
>>26349829
Maybe, but I just don't feel like I have any real motivation for beating any of the characters in the OP except for them, apart from obligation for game completion.
>>
Did someone say the best final battle in all the games?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T4_edI23Vk
>>
With how tightly controlled the pacing was, I'd honestly say HGSS Lance. I think in Pokemon, like a lot of RPGs, the leveling system sort of stops being engaging at or around the two thirds mark. In Pokemon games my interest starts dropping off once I get into the 50s.
>>
File: hydr.jpg (101 KB, 900x609) Image search: [Google]
hydr.jpg
101 KB, 900x609
>>26349539
Probably my favourite climax battle of any game so far. That fucking Hydreigon.

His team in BW2 is okay too, but while it gets some nice held items the move pools are generally worse.
>>
>>26350537
She was the best part about the gen 5 sequels
>>
Well i remember my best and most important final boss was lance in Silver soul
like, actually doings strats to beat those dragon fuckers, my slowbro tanked the shit out of them while hunter cursed their asses, only way to beat him with my pokemons
>>
>>26349777
Never finished B2/W2 but that is such a shitty champion theme. Feels like I'm battling some random shitter gym leader or doing a contest or something, not battling a champion.
>>
>>26354678
Bait
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qczYy1CvU5o
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.