[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say /vp/, what's your favourite non-battle content from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 256x192
Say /vp/, what's your favourite non-battle content from the mainline games?

Pic related for me
>>
>>26349498
probably that or Soar
I was going to say Dexnav but I guess that's technically battle content.
>>
THE OTHER POKEMON WERE STARTLED!
>>
The Pokathelon was very entertaining.

It is only meant to be played on your designated "burner" DS though.
>>
The HGSS mini games were all fun. I miss them
>>
>>26349498
This, slots, voltorb flip, pokéathlon, even the pokewalker...

Fuck I miss Gen IV
>>
>>26349498
All them fossils
All them fun
>>
>>26349498
Unironically dress up.
>>
>Cross Diamond and Ring Pearl
>brings back the Underground
>now has online support as well
>by default your whole state/province shares an Online Underground
>can also create Community Undergrounds for friends worldwide
>>
I loved the Underground.
Fuck the fags shitting on it because it's not their lame ass bases.
>>
I miss my old Diamond cartridge now.
>>
>>26349498
Contest, and I'm really disapointed they dont made it a huge part of ORAS. No online/wireless contests, really?
But that can counds as battling, so...
POKETHEON
>>
Pokestar Studios was actually really fun, and some of the stuff that could potentially happen in the movies was funny. Some of the weird endings were darker than I'd have expected in a pokemon game too.

The only bad thing was having to go through it the first time with a rental pokemon, if you could take your own OR have a rental suited to the movie from the outset it would have been perfect.
>>
File: lyra pokeathlon 4.jpg (190 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
lyra pokeathlon 4.jpg
190 KB, 960x1280
>>26349498

Pokeathlon was the best.
>>
>>26352161
>Pokestar Studios
kill yourself
>>
The flying around roaming thingymajigg from ORAS.
>>
Soaring in ORAS.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>26352210
Don't be mad you couldn't defeat Brycenman anon
>>
File: 10837985_p0_master1200.jpg (200 KB, 819x736) Image search: [Google]
10837985_p0_master1200.jpg
200 KB, 819x736
>>26352210

>Someone thinks different, I will tell them to kill themselves. That will show him!

Besides, he isn't all that wrong, Pokestar was one of the less shitty side minigame.

Much better than musicals, and I'm sure someone out there enjoyed dressing their pokemon or something.
>>
File: turn1.png (7 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
turn1.png
7 KB, 256x192
Poffin making and contests were at their best in gen 4. Gen 6 contest feel kinda soul-less.
>>
>>26349498
Slots
>>
Another good one was the Pokemon Musicals in Black and White (or was it BW 2?). I spent far too long enjoying that.
>>
>>26352296

Poffin and poke block making were a great part of contests. ORAS contests feel too watered down, and on top of that they give you the Pikachu early on so you can just easy mode it.
>>
Pokèathlon was top-tier best shit you could ever think to put in your already based game.

Need a break from all that battling? Come down and have a fucking blast at the Pokèathlon arena where you break records and actually feel like you are achieving some great shit. Catch Pokèmon and absolutely destroy the asaholes of the little Pidgey and Oddish owning kiddy faggots who stand in your way as you impress a big man and his Poliwrath.

Hands down the most enjoyable 'competition' part of any game. Lost all my data but I can never mad at how beautiful it felt to have my Beedrill smash every fucking puny record in ever fucking glorious event.
>>
>>26352296
>>26352378

I think a middle ground would have been nice for pokeblocks; they're a bit too easy in ORAS but I sure don't miss doing that same minigame again and again and again to max out multiple pokemons contest stats. Maybe if individual pokeblocks gave better returns it'd be worth it.
>>
>>26352378
ORAS contests are basically the same as RSE ones which were already pretty easy to brute force, except there's less creative move combos and Pokeblocks are much easier to deal with because there's no Sheen limit. Cosplay Pikachu lets you easy mode it if you want, but you don't need to use it.

My issue is more what was said with them feeling too sterile and you can't explore the stages themselves. It's a shame.
>>
Super and Secret Bases, decorating the room in GSC, Soaring I all really liked.
>>
>>26349498
>Voltorb Flip
>Bug Catching Contest
>Pokeathelon
>Buena's Password

Johto is fun
>>
>>26352405
Aye, plus when the Gym Leaders first started showing up, I was like :D.
>>
all the minigames in gen4..

Pokeathlon, everything about the underground like traps mining bases, making poffins
>>
>>26349498
>get a used diamond cart because poorfag
>save is there
>spend like week or two just playing underground before deleting save and starting my own
i want underground back, how the hell it's impossible to have it in every game?
>>
>>26349498
Gen 3 contests.
>>
>>26352022
Uh there are multi contests in oras did you even play the game?
>>
>tfw got a used Platinum version from GameStop
>open the old save before I wipe it
>Infernape named POOPSOCK
I still have him somewhere
>>
>>26352296
Good god no, gen 4 contests are the worst.
The fact that they removed jamming moves, combos and the nervous mechanic and replaced it with something that doesn't make a lick of difference is unacceptable.
It didn't help that they were piss easy now too.

Fuck off Sinnohshit, your game ruined contests. At least ORAS brought back the best parts of contests and were made more difficult than the DPPt ones.
>>
>>26349498
Dreamworld and Dexnav. Pokewalker was pretty slick too. Even Frontier too, but not for battling, just for running aroubd and listening to the music saying "i finally made it". (Cause it took me like 6 months to beat the league as a kid)
>>
pokeathlon

secret base

the house in post game in Platine

clothing

a game with all those features would have a tremendous longevity
>>
>>26354736
>the house in post game in Platine
I don't get what people like about this gimmick its not like it was customisable because you couldn't move the furniture.
You couldn't battle anyone there either, just get a few phrases from NPCs.

It was just a useless money sink.
>>
>>26354752
i like to have things to unlock

everyone likes to have things to unlock

i think that's what is lacking pkm
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.