[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else hoping the leaks aren't real? I really want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
Is anyone else hoping the leaks aren't real?
I really want Litten to be Fire/Dark, and Rowlet to remain Grass/Flying. Popplio sounds nice though.
Are you happy with the leaks or do you wish they aren't real?
>>
>>26348891
The leaks are real, the Ground and Fighting icons are on the website
However, there is no evidence that they are actually for the starters, they could have just as easily been for pokemon planned to be revealed with them but held off for now.
If the types were already added to the site, its likely they either intended to use them (as said above), or will be using them soon, so just wait a bit before jumping to conclusions.
>>
>>26348891
I'm happy with the leaks since Grass/Ground > Grass/Flying and it would be unique from Torterra if it's a Special Attacker.

I guess pure Fire is a letdown, but if you think about it, Mega Houndoom and a Fire/Dark final evo would overlap too much. I doubt it would be a physical attacker since they gave it that flareball gimmick.

Water/Fighting would be a redemption effort after Samurott.
>>
>>26348942
Grass/Flying>Grass/Ground
It's a better offensive typing and it's probably going to be a physical attacker.
>>
If it's Fire/Ground then Litten would go straight to the trash can.
>>
>>26348891
The only one I'm really expecting/wanting is that Litten stays pure Fire
I'm not sure if any other type covers spitting burning hairballs and setting on fire instead of shedding
>>
>>26349027
>Muh competitive Pokaymanz!
>>
Its like a fat and gay keldeo and a fucking posser camerupt men kek
>>
>>26349000
Trips confirms
>>
File: 1463275233161.png (160 KB, 360x450) Image search: [Google]
1463275233161.png
160 KB, 360x450
I'm happy to take water/fighting sea lion.
Fairy would be cool if they added more physical fairy attacks
Water/ice and water/psychic would be shit(opinion not fact)
>>
>>26349000
If you think about it, if it goes Ground, it'll still have access to Flying-type moves via its prevolution(s). If it stays Flying, it'll be walled by Steel types.

Grass + Flying + Ground + HP Fire has no resistances. Plus, Ground > Flying for Stealth Rock damage.
>>
>>26348891
The types being used for a pokemon are real, but people are being idiots and assuming it's for the starters when we wont be getting evos for a long ass time.

It's likely a different new pokemon/s type/s being announced soon. Likely next month with corocoro
>>
>>26348891
Litten looks Fire/Dark already. It's design has influence of alchemy. The motherfucker is not going to be Fire/Ground.
>>
File: 1375078465097.gif (738 KB, 500x262) Image search: [Google]
1375078465097.gif
738 KB, 500x262
It seems unlikely but at this point I would like for Rowlett to keep its Flying typing. Getting Fly and being able to ride it around the region and using its typing in-game is pretty much its entire appeal to me.

Fire/Ground would also be more interesting of a typing for Litten as long as hes fast like catmons traditionaly are. Mono Fire would be hella boring.

For Popplio, this is a big turn around though. Water/Fighting is interesting and while I can see it probably becoming a curcis strongman, bulky physical, I would like to see it be SpA based and getting Aura Sphere, inkeeping with its bubble theme.
>Fight Bubbles

As I said though, I'm pretty resigned to the possibility of shit getting lame for Rowlet and Litten.
>>
Been waiting for another fighting water type besides poliwrath
>>
>>26348942

Fire/Ground overlaps with Camerupt.

Houndoom's my favorite Pokémon, but I hope Litten gets the same type. Houndoom pretty much always has the same set:

>Sunny Day
>Solar Beam
>Flamethrower
>Dark Pulse (formerly Crunch)

Litten's evo could still add something different.
>>
>>26348891
It could easily be for the second stage mons exclusively

Grass/Flying>Grass/Ground>Grass/Ground
-
Fire>Fire>Fire/???
-
Water>Water/Fighting>Water/Fighting
>>
I don't want Popplio to be Fighting because it would be shitting on Samurott, who actually deserved to the Fighting type.
>>
>>26349533
All the types "revealed" have been used though. Besides GF is not afraid to reuse types.
We got three Fire/Fighting in a row for christ sake.
>>
>>26349027
>only 2 weaknesses
>both of which it was already weak to as a pure fire type anyway

LOL
>>
>>26349533

Starter types aren't supposed to be unique.
>>
>all the people saying it grass/ground because that's the order

If that were the case then the starters would end up being

Grass/Flying
Ground/Fire
Water/Fighting

Or if we were to actually assume it was Grass/Ground based on that then.

Grass/Ground
Fire
Water/Fighting

Or

Grass/Ground
Fire/Water
Fighting

See how that's a dumb assumption, based on "they're in order", that's silly and dumb, because it can mean so much, while most don't make sense and only one does. Rare for one starter to get such a disadvantage on secondary typing too to that extent.
>>
>>26349628
Shh shh anon. No anger. Only joy.
>>
>>26349586
That is something that is seemingly skipped over.
While usually we don't get the second stage evolutions until later, they don't exactly have to keep up with that, they could intend to reveal them next month.
seriously, there are so many possibilities, people should be assuming one of them is absolutely correct.
>>
Has it ever crossed anyone's mind that maybe these have nothing to do with the Starters and are just generic numbered icons for Pokemon to be revealed in the future, or for Pokemon that were already hinted at?

Like maybe Daycat/Moonbat are actually Ground and Fighting respectively, it'd be odd, but it's possible.
>>
>>26349682

IIRC, the icons are in the starters section of the website.
>>
>>26349698
I recall someone pointing out that its not actually exclusively to the starter section, and it was just assumed to be because that's where they checked.
>>
>>26349650
>Charizard
>Swampert
>Torterra
>Chesnaught
>rare to get double disadvantage
>>
>>26349650
It's not a dumb assumption. Only the middle/correct one makes sense because we're talking about icons appearing which cover typing. They don't need to repeat themselves by saying Grass more than once. The first instance is where the mentioned typing would come in.

e.g.

Grass (1st appearance)/Flying (1st appearance)
Grass/Flying
Grass/Ground (1st appearance)
Fire (1st appearance)
Fire
Fire
Water (1st appearance)
Water
Water/Fighting (1st appearance)
>>
>>26349325
>Getting Fly and being able to ride it around the region
Fly isn't exclusive to Flying types. See: Flygon, Golurk, Hydreigon, Volcarona, Genesect
>>
File: dunsparce-tequila-210x226.jpg (15 KB, 210x226) Image search: [Google]
dunsparce-tequila-210x226.jpg
15 KB, 210x226
>>26349912
But no STAB makes it better to give it to something else and like this, it isnt even certain that it will get fly.

Its just not the same...
>>
File: rowlet_spin.gif (747 KB, 408x172) Image search: [Google]
rowlet_spin.gif
747 KB, 408x172
I dunno, guys. I don't mind the idea of a Grass/Ground type, and I understand the flavor reasons that it could be happening what with flightlessness on islands and prehistoric terrestrial owls, but I kinda want Rowlet to stay Flying. At least being capable of flight. They emphasized its flight capabilities, and that's what people think of when they think "owl." It would be a bit weird to shift gears and end up grounded.

I got a starter based on my favorite animal and it's amazing. Now we just have to wait till November to see how it turns out. I just want it to be cool-looking and at least somewhat useful.
>>
>>26350068
Well we will probably see the starters Evo by October
>>
>>26350120
>>26350120
Probably not the final forms though. And if this Ground thing holds any water it could be a last minute change. I mean, if Rowlet does turn Ground but learns some good Flying moves and retains the ability to get airborne, it would be pretty cool. And they went out of the way to make the first stage Flying when it could've just been a little owlet who can't fly yet. I just feel like when people choose an owl starter they're signing up for an owl, and a flightless one might not be what people are hoping for.
>>
>>26348891
Man, a fairy seal would be broken. Can easily fuck up the other two starters, unless the owl turns out to be very bulky or fast as fuck.
>>
>>26350483
>flightless
Why would Grass/Ground be flightless?
>>
What leaks?
>>
>>26350572
It doesn't necessarily have to be, but Ground and Flying are fairly opposite elements. To start as the latter and become the former, they would have to really emphasize changes to justify its transformation. This could be physical or behavioral, but it would probably be drastic.
>>
>>26350694
Well I can see Grass/Ground going in one of several directions:
>it burrows and prefers to be underground but is still capable of flight if need be
>it uses its wings to kick up dust/sand storms (same reason Flygon is Ground-type)
>it uses its talons as roots to draw energy from the earth
>it gains a coat of dirt/sand/rocks (same as Wormadam-S)
>it loses the ability to fly and becomes like an owlbear
>>
>>26350483
Because starters always end up being what we sign up for
>Tepig (not a razorback)
>Oshawott (not bipedal)
>Fennekin (not quadrupedal)
>>
>>26350684
this. i have no idea whats going on
>>
>>26350818
I could see the wings developing more into arms and it losing it's flight ability that way, Rowlet's description already describes it using it's wings to throw.
>>
File: StarterTypePossibleLeaks.png (139 KB, 812x914) Image search: [Google]
StarterTypePossibleLeaks.png
139 KB, 812x914
>>26350684
>>26350920
>>
>>26348891
I'm 99.9% sure these won't be the evo types. Popplio doesn't look physically strong at all and will probably be special based.
>>
>>26351374
>Popplio doesn't look physically strong at all
>>
File: lucario.png (39 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
lucario.png
39 KB, 250x250
>>26351374
>Popplio doesn't look physically strong at all
>Lucario doesn't look physically strong at all
>>
>>26350952
That actually says Wrestle, not Fighting. I mean it's the same thing, but it's always a good note in case people didn't know.
>>
>>26351374
Why couldn't it be a special based fighting type?
>>
>>26351470
good to know
>>
>>26351435
>>26351482
Lucario at least has feet and claws, also there are like 2-3 special fighting moves
>>
>>26352117
Aura Sphere would be inkeeping with its bubble shtick. Vacuum Wave would be cool too. What more does it need?
>Fight Bubbles
>>
>>26352117
>also there are like 2-3 special fighting moves
It's gamefreak, they really give zero fucks about that shit. They could make it water/fighting, give it all physical fighting moves, and than give it a high special stat. That's just how they role.
>>
>>26351470
It's a pretty generic word for hand-to-hand fighting, it just includes wrestling.
>>
I don't think it's true not even for a second. I'm glad for it. But if it was true I would box 'em so hard but so hard.
>>
>>26352333
>I dont like it so I'm gonna not believe its real
>>
>>26352440
It hasn't been a week yet. I'm not desperate enough that I'll just believe every leak and fan theory I see.
>>
>>26352471
Its just shitty reasoning.
>>
I wouldn't mind Litten being Fire/Ground.

Less weaknesses than Fire/Dark, and having STAB Fire and Ground moves would make for fantastic offense.
>>
>>26349236
The urls for the icons are only for the starter pages
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.