[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
platinum or black2/white2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4
File: ihubu.png (333 KB, 500x510) Image search: [Google]
ihubu.png
333 KB, 500x510
platinum or black2/white2?
>>
>>26348788
B2W2
>>
>>26348788
Platinum
>>
File: 112449_front.jpg (73 KB, 640x583) Image search: [Google]
112449_front.jpg
73 KB, 640x583
>>26348788
>>
>>26348799
The right answer.
>>
>>26348788
B2/W2 by far.
>>
>>26348788
B2W2

Platinum sucked ass. I couldn't finish it, it was so terrible.
>>
Platinum
>>
>>26348788
BW2,

I liked Platinum though.
>>
>>26348788
BW2 is better, imo.
>>
Platinum
>>
>>26348788
choose based on which region you prefer, since they're both equally great games IMO

Platinum has infinitely better music, so that one
>>
Never played BW2, so Platinum
>>
>>26348799
HGSS are pretty great, but I still like BW2 more. Pokestar Studios, PWT in general (and it earns you BP), Join Avenue, Hidden Grottos, N's Pokemon, based Hugh (HGSS made Silver into a yandere for crying out loud), awesome locales, gyms, and characters (except Marlon), huge variety in available Pokemon, and on and on.

The thing about HGSS that annoys me to no end is the sky-high encounter rate in grass or while surfing. Sometimes I flee a battle and get in another one literally two steps later. I hate feeling forced to carry Super Repels at all times.
>>
>>26348788
>Replayed all the old games I can still find such as D/P/PL, SS/HG, B/W/B2/W2, X/Y and ORAS
>Nothing left to do in them
Feels weird knowing i'll never feel the same way when I first played these
>>
>>26348788
Platinum
>>
>>26348788
Platinum, though the wealth of content and great characters in BW2 make the decision really tough.

I guess just the comfiness of Sinnoh and the presence of contests, poffin making, secret bases, partner exploration, seal cases and the best Pokemon league & rival in addition to post-game just eek it out.
>>
>>26348799
>being a contrarian HGSShitter
>>
>>26348788
platinum
>>
>>26348788
hands fucking down platinum
>>
You guys are going to make me buy Platinum at this rate and Im going to be disappointed
>>
>>26348788
Platinum, BW2 is shit
>>
>>26348788
Ehh BW2 there's more postgame than just Battl frontier.
>>
Platinum OR B2/W2 on challenge mode from the word go.
>>
>>26351325
Why though? What makes it bad?
>>
>>26348788
>implying platinum is a contender for best game
>implying platinum is even a contender for SECOND best game
It's HGSS vs B2W2
>>
Dark grass.
>>
>>26352144
This
Platinum is a well fought third
>>
>>26352144
>>26352181
>Gen IV
>best anything
Next time I want to waste 5 real-time minutes to exit from a fucking wild encounter, I'll play one of those pieces of shit.
>>
>>26349428
>>26349266
>>26349412
>>26349428
>>26349471
>>26349516
>>26351325
>>26352181
>>26352144

All these Sinnohfetuses
>>
BW2 are my favorite Pokemon games ever but Platinum is really good too, top 3

DS was such a good time for Pokemon games
>>
>>26352350
>le slow meme

The only "criticism" people can ever offer for Platinum.
>>
>>26352695
Mount Coronet could use a heal.
>>
>>26348799
this guy gets it.
>>
>>26352695
Yeah. Platinum would be good if not for that slow as fuck engine. Thus, it's just mediocre. So fucking boring playing with the battle animations off.

And HGSS, fuck that. Might as well just play Crystal.
>>
File: 1462724679706.gif (607 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
1462724679706.gif
607 KB, 800x792
>>26348788
Just wait for DP remakes
>>
>>26348788
X/Y
>>
>>26349412
Get off my board fag
>>
>>26352424
Im not a fucking sinnohfetus you fucking mongoloid I was the one asking about Platinum

Shitpost better
>>
>>26348788
Black and white 2 are better but platinum is probably a lot harder to find so if you have an opportunity to pick it up you should do so and then get Black and White 2 at another point. They are both worth playing.
>>
>>26348788
BW2
>>
>>26348788
Black and White 2.
Of all of the Pokemon games on the 3DS they were hit the least with the closure of Wifi. Outside of the online usuals and dream world the rest of the content is available with Hidden ability pokemon being available in game or through the Dream Radar game on 3DS.
To top it off the game has the most content yet of all Pokemon games.
>>
>>26348799

This is the correct answer.
>>
>>26356816
Maybe if you want a shit experience.
>>
>>26348799
best pokemon game, i dont think they will ever beat this
>>
>>26353037
>Might as well just play Crystal.

Yeah I know man. Oh except for HGSS having
>higher difficulty and better AI
>the Physical/Special split
>Battle Frontier
>Gym leader rematches
>more Pokemon available
>>
>>26348788
B2/W2.
>>
Platinum is the patrician choice
>>
>>26357001
>>higher difficulty and better AI
Yeah no, a longer grind isn't difficulty and it's one of the many things HGSS did wrong.
>>Battle Frontier
People didn't want this one to begin with, the Gen 4 frontier is worse than the maison in terms of actual content and replayability.
>>Gym leader rematches
No one wants to go through the tedium of waiting for specific times of the day just for a rematch against a leader.
>>more Pokemon available
Then you might as well play one of the newer games, all the same pokemon but with none of the trash.
>>
>>26348788
bw2
>>
B2W2 > Platinum
>>
>>26348788
OP why no poll?
>>
>>26356825

> shit experience
> get to replay favorite gen in better graphics
> pokemon walking behind you
> two regions to explore
> characters have interesting personalities and development
> has battle frontier and the box legends are great
> battle with Red as the final challenge

I like Platinum a lot but thinking HGSS are worse than it or BW2 is just shit taste.
>>
>>26357168
>replaying the shortest and worst generation
>gimmicks that intrude on other features
>with nothing of worth in them
>Johto
>development
Pick one
>The worst version of the battle frontier and having the previously optional legendaries shoved in your face
>grinding: the post game

Look, HG/SS was a mediocre game, it didn't even make an attempt to fix the shit people had a problem with the original game, hell it made it worse because they bumped up the levels of the main trainers without doing anything for the wild pokemon or other NPCs.

Oh yeah and a word of advice, learn the difference between tedium and difficulty.
You Johtards don't seem to understand the difference and try to pass your slog of a game off as a challenge.
>>
>>26348799
I'd agree with you, if they had made any effort to address the huge problems with 2nd gen.
>>
>choosing between Pt, B2W2 and HGSS
>not simply realizing DS pokemon games (minus DP) are all master race
Seriously, they nailed gen 4 and 5.
>>
>>26357222

Never said the game was a challenge or difficult, anon. All the games have gimmicks that intrude on other features (XY with megas for example), Johto developed on the previous Kanto games' storylines. I agree the level curb is a problem though.
>>
>>26357347
>Never said the game was a challenge or difficult, anon.
>> battle with Red as the final challenge
>Challenge

>All the games have gimmicks that intrude on other features (XY with megas for example)
There's a difference between battle mechanics and gimmicks anon. Megas are a battle mechanic. Following Pokemon are a gimmick.

>Johto developed on the previous Kanto games' storylines.
Not in any meaningful way, FR/LG did a better job of development with the fame checker.
>>
File: 1458808248028.gif (524 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
1458808248028.gif
524 KB, 500x279
Platinum
>>
>>26357417
Dawn is the worst trash to come out of the series.
>>
>>26348788
Both are really good. Plat has the better rival but BW2 has great mon selection.

Both Great
>>
>>26357435
One of the best you mean, she is highly rated in nearly every Pokegirl poll.
>>
>>26357463
That's because we're currently being invaded by sinnohshits.
I mean, if I wanted May-lite I would just watch May and get the real thing. Dawn was a travesty.
>>
Having replayed Platinum recently I have to say it's absolutely the worst region to revisit, especially if you've played any of the later gens.
>>
>>26357376

>>26357376

I meant the battle with Red was in-game supposed to be the final challenge, I didn't say whether it was difficult or not.
Megas as gimmicks is subjective though, probably could've picked a better example, like secret bases or the Pokeradar. Does the pokemon walking behind you actually intrude on any game feature though?
As for the fame checker and it's development of the story, I think both HGSS and the fame checker both develop the story in different ways, fame checker gives more information about the characters, but HGSS shows you what they went on to become (Koga joining the Elite Four, Blue becoming Viridian gym leader).
>>
>>26357530
>I meant the battle with Red was in-game supposed to be the final challenge
A "challenge" would imply some modicum of difficulty or a test of skill. Red is not that and never will be.

>Does the pokemon walking behind you actually intrude on any game feature though?
Yes, specifically the Shiny Leaf part. It locks the final trainer card upgrade and 100%-ing the game behind an RNG wall.

>but HGSS shows you what they went on to become
That's not really character development now is it as much as it is a "where are they now" kind of view.
Also it doesn't help that they removed what little personality Blue had.
>>
>>26348799

It's only good when your willing to accept that Gen 2 is absolutely garbage in variety

It's basically Gen 1: Part 2

The only gym leaders to have Johto Pokemon as their main is Whitney, Bryce and Jamsine, and one of them is a
Crossgen
>>
BW2 easily. Sinnoh is wack
>>
>>26357565

> Red is not that and never will be.

Yeah, and that's why I said it's 'supposed' to be the in-game final challenge for the player, gamefreak intended it to be a challenge, whether it IS a challenge to the player or not is subjective.

I understand the shiny leaf and RNG wall problems, but those don't seem to bother that many people, and it's obvious people enjoyed the walking pokemon gimmick since it's usually always talked about when people discuss what they'd like to see return in later games.

I'd argue that HGSS does show character development, specifically Blue's, he's meant to have matured since the last games, which is why he's got a more subdued personality and why he's a gym leader now.
>>
>>26357771
>but those don't seem to bother that many people
It's not about whether or not it bothered people it's a fact that it's an intrusive feature that people interested in completing the game were annoyed.

> and it's obvious people enjoyed the walking pokemon gimmick since it's usually always talked about when people discuss what they'd like to see return in later games.
Not really, there's only a handful of people who talk about it returning without major changes. The rest say "I'll only be okay with it if it's legitimately useful next time it was shit in HG/SS".
Other than that it doesn't come up particularly often especially outside of /vp/.

>specifically Blue's, he's meant to have matured since the last games
You do realize you can have a personality and still show maturity right?
I mean he doesn't even say his iconic smell ya later which mind you came back in both Black and White 2's PWT and the reference to him in Kalos.
Come to think of it, what more do you learn about Blue in the Johto games? Even the reference in Kalos told you that he was studying abroad but even though he knows enough French to get by in Kalos he can't stop saying "Smell you Later"
>>
>>26357771
Yeah but the character devolpement in BW2 is far serpeior though anon. Not him or shamming HGSS
>>
>>26357931

Oh yeah I'd agree with that, not saying gen 2 character development was the best, just that it actually had some.
>>
>>26357699
Unova can't even compare to Sinnoh.
>>
>>26357996
Agreed, Unova is too great for words.
>>
>>26357996
BW2 had better game options but my vote went to Platinum for having a better region.
>>
>>26358032
Unova was nonsensical junk with a desert outside of Castelia City of all things, and it doesn't have any memorable routes either. Masuda made the whole thing linear and forgettable for the yougner audience. Sinnoh is huge and it makes sense geographically, while also being interesting.
>>
>>26358151
>Unova was nonsensical junk with a desert outside of Castelia City of all things
Yes and Sinnoh has a tropical island to the north with not a lick of snow despite the fact that it's completely illogical by any stretch of the imagination.
What's your point? This is pokemon, it's not exactly meant to be a direct analog to reality.

That said Nimbasa is meant to be a Vegas analog making route 4 the Nevada desert.

> while also being interesting.
There is not a single thing that's interesting about Sinnoh that wasn't done better by any other generation and the only memorable parts are remembered for the wrong reasons, in the fact that it either made the game considerably worse like the changes from gen 3 to 4 and the terrains or the game shoved it in your face multiple times like Coronet. There's a reason that people call Sinnoh the worst.
>>
>>26358223
>Yes and Sinnoh has a tropical island to the north with not a lick of snow despite the fact that it's completely illogical by any stretch of the imagination.
>north most town is covered in snow
>area it's based on has some snow in cities
>not a bit of snow at all
>a fucking desert and Volcano the last thing you think about when you think frozen north
Sinnoh is like a cornucopia of retarded choices.
>>
>>26358151
>and it doesn't have any memorable routes either
More than you can say about Sinnoh.
The only memorable routes are the marsh and snow routes because of how tedious they are.
>>
everybody's calling Unova extremely linear, which I agree with, but only in terms of Black and White
BW2 weren't linear, they fixed that and the map expanded a lot, making the region actually nice
>>
>>26357514
Yup. Sinnoh is pretty ugly and boring. The snowy areas are nice, but that's just two main areas... and you only really have to visit the summit of Mt. Coronet once, twice if you're going back for Dialga and Palkia.

Capcha: select all images with mountains
>>
>>26358490
Yes, and several of the new areas add a lot of personality and variety to the region.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.