[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever played TwitchPlaysPokemon? What do you think about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: tpp.png (4 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
tpp.png
4 KB, 120x120
Have you ever played TwitchPlaysPokemon? What do you think about the fanbase and memes? Would you recommend it? Why or why not?
>>
>>26346116
>Have you ever played TwitchPlaysPokemon
...what?
>>
>>26346128
Look it up. If you've ever heard of helix when you see someone mention omostar, that's why.
>>
>>26346148
You are literally a very young child, aren't you?
>>
Played it when it they started it. memes were okay for a short while, then they got old.
>>
Reddit
>>
>>26346116
newfag and underage plz go
>>
The people who watch it are next level cancer and also beyond retarded, but it's not too horrible right now. I sometimes have it on in the background while doing other stuff, the betting system is kind of entertaining for a bit too.
>>
Nothing will ever be as pure as that first run through. It was like discovering Pokémon again.
>>
>>26346116
I thought it was a good concept but fuck actually watching it when getting anything done takes half a day or more
I participated in a imitator channel's run of Gold version since it had a much more manageable amount of people at around 50-100 at all times. Pretty fun to coordinate shit and watch it all get fucked up when someone decides to push the wrong button or do it a couple times too many
>>
>>26346116
It was new and exciting when it first came out, a lot of the fanart and memes were fun but it got old really quick and now the community is basically a circlejerk of the same people who fund it/troll it.

>>26346311
>>26346314
These two are exactly right.
>>
>there are people who actually go on twitch on this board

How do you live with yourselves
>>
>>26346116
Ehh I don't frequent anymore, I think Anniversary Crystal will be my last run, but damn it's a good hack. Streamer killed the stream desu
>>
>>26346116
It was good the first time, tolerable the second time. The rest of the times it was shitty because people had figured out how to work it.

The X one also exemplifies just how goddamn easy X and Y was.
>>
I played when there was less than 100 people on the first one. After it blew up it became shit.
>>
>>26348194
>said the poster on 4chan's board made exclusively to discuss Pokemon
>>
It was great, of course it was run to the ground (the channel is still active and some autists still play it lol), but first run and i would say 2nd run (until fighting red when it all came full circle) were amazing and coincidentally happened during a very low point in my life. After that it went downhill, I'm guilty of still trying to see the final battles of each run (that fucking rollout azumarill run).

Favourite moment? Lvl 36 Venomoth aka ATV defeating Lance's lvl 62 Dragonite when everything was thought lost, I watched it live. Other topkek moment was using an escape rope (i think? Maybe dig/teleport?) after finally getting to Geovanni after beating His wild ride.

Loved 1st/2nd runs' lore (abby and co. Deaths, bird jesus, helix, feraligatr's story), loved the memes (really, miss those first days), and the pokemon (there was a really deep connection, like a nuzlocke^10): my favourite was Drowzee the Keeper.

It were some golden weeks on OC, it spawned great content, art, memes, all that nostalgia, even the social aspect of it and the demvsanarchy conflict... I feel /vp/ largely ignored it and lost an opportunity to relive golden old days because we're mostly contrarians who dismissed it right away because reddit kinda took charge... But tpp's subreddit was pure gold during the first 2 runs. Or maybe the majority in here madr the most out of it but just don't want to admit, idk

Please give me a relevant "You" because I spent way too much time writing that.
>>
>>26346116
I was there when it was posted here when it was sub 100 people and we could actually do things if we had to. I remember someone posted in chat "Reddit got a hold of the link. RIP"

It was stupid fun, but I wish It had stayed small. When Anarchy and Democracy were implemented, it lost all charm.

Then there were copycats.
>>
>>26348427
The fish was entertaining at least
>>
I am so fucking hyped for TPP Sun and Moon
>>
File: dude.png (39 KB, 159x163) Image search: [Google]
dude.png
39 KB, 159x163
>people actually humoring op

it's not even summer yet
>>
I looked at it when it first got big and it was just fucking retarded. Hundreds of messages a second. There's no way to even chat on twitch with the constant spamming.
>>
File: what is this kanna.png (48 KB, 143x162) Image search: [Google]
what is this kanna.png
48 KB, 143x162
>>26346116
>What do you think about the fanbase and memes?
>fanbase and memes
>memes
>>
File: Anniversary Crystal ABE.png (711 KB, 569x513) Image search: [Google]
Anniversary Crystal ABE.png
711 KB, 569x513
>>26346116
The original Red run was good.

The original Crystal run was okay, had a great ending.

By the end of Emerald it became unsalvageable.

I came back for Crystal Anniversary, and it was pretty refreshing, but I think that may have been because a ton of people who had given up on it like me came in. Around Pryce is started going downhill quickly as people lost interest, though, and the entirety of Kanto was painful when only the people who played TPP constantly were left.

The community is unbearably horrible and killed TPP (it being run into the ground faster than "I took an arrow to the knee" was also a large factor). You can't "play" TwitchPlaysPokémon without interacting with the community, and if they're intolerable, so is TPP as a game.

tl;dr If you missed the boat with the original run the I'm sorry, it's too late. I might show up for Emerald Anniversary a year from now but only to see what they do with the ROMhack, because Anniversary Crystal is legit great as a hack.
>>
>>26346311
>>26348144
Nostalgia fags get out. You already ruined gens 1 and 2 fuck off.
>>
>>26348391
>>26346116
The first three runs (and randomized frlg) were great, because the lore was based on the actual game happening.

Afterwards the lore started being "made up" and lost me
>>
>>26348978
I looked up Anniversary Crystal and it looks very good. It seems to have almost all the removed Kanto locations of GSC back, if that's so it's the hack I've always dreamed of since I was a kid. It's strange I've never seen it mentioned outside of the TPP related websites. not even inside some of the few hacking communities I know about.
>>
File: TPP was a mistake.jpg (383 KB, 1035x1180) Image search: [Google]
TPP was a mistake.jpg
383 KB, 1035x1180
>>26349220
I think it's largely ignored because of the stigma of being associated with TPP and having references to TPP here and there (previous player teams as bonus bosses, the occasional reference to a meme, etc.), which is a shame since it does do a good job with Kanto and postgame in general and throws twists here and there that fuck with the original Crystal plot.

The biggest problem with the hack, and the biggest reason the post-E4 part of the hack's TPP run was a grueling torture session, was that they designed parts of the hack for democracy LOOK AT THIS LOOK AT THIS I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THIS DEVS, but that's not much of an issue in a single player run of the game.
>>
I keep up with the stream pretty frequently (runs are still decent, and PBR is good for background noise). I'll agree, though, that the community is pretty cancerous. Lots of attention whores who love to force lore and memes for Reddit karma.

I really enjoyed the Anniversary Crystal run. They did well making that hack. I'm still amazed that we managed to type out the name "FOX" in Anarchy for Bill's Eevee while our viewer count was still fairly high.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.