[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
people have been arguing over what the box legendaries are based
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1463188963956.png (15 KB, 198x247) Image search: [Google]
1463188963956.png
15 KB, 198x247
people have been arguing over what the box legendaries are based on

that's because they don't fit into the Hawaiian mythology; there isn't even a sun god in their pantheon

so let me point out something of interest...

>Sol is spanish for sun
>Luna is spanish for moon
>Mar is spanish for sea/ocean

the previous months were filled with arguing between Hawaii vs Mexico

since its been confirmed that the region is Hawaii...that means, the legendaries are based on Mexico
>>
File: 1460829766800.png (216 KB, 640x484) Image search: [Google]
1460829766800.png
216 KB, 640x484
>>26345573
Well, fuck. This isn't gonna make the faggots happy.
>>
the region isn't based on hawaii, there's no proof of it
>>
>>26345573
There's no lions on Mexico.
We do hace bats tho.
Also, it's said they're from Balinese lore.
>>
>>26345573
>Lion
>Mexico
>>
>>26345623
Every bit of proof it's based on Hawaii:
>The bit of region we've actually seen is directly based around the Hawaiian island of Oahu
>Kukui and Hala are both Hawaiian trees
>Tiki statues scattered around the region
>The boy from the Japanese trailer is moving from Japan to Hawaii
>During the plane ride they give a shot of Oahu

If none of this points towards it being Hawaii then I have no clue what to fucking tell you.
>>
>>26345623
NowThatsWhatICallAutism.jpg
>>
>>26345657
>>26345664

Guess I gotta inform you then...

Once upon a time, there were these people called the Spaniards and they set about conquering all of Mexico during the 15th and 16th century.
There was this guy named Cortes who ended up conquering this little culture called the Aztecs. And after conquering them, he went about Christian-fying their religion. Basically taking the weird morals that this culture went by and trying to apply a good and evil standpoint to them.

The Spanards decided that this major god called Quetzalcoatl was the all-holy god and JESUS CHRIST of this religion. That he could do no wrong (spoiler: this wasn't actually correct lol) and they used this myth where Queztal killed himself and came back to life as proof that he was Jesus.

So now a lot of popular culture has been influenced by this change and nowadays, people see Queztal as an all-powerful god that represented goodness and was on the same level as Jesus Christ.

You know what Jesus Christ was often associated with?

The lion.
>>
>>26345573
XY's legends were based on Norse mythology, not French culture/legends so it makes sense
>>
>>26345749
>You know what Jesus Christ was often associated with?
the lamb?

>The lion.
well that's also true but i'm pretty sure when people think animal and jesus they think of a lamb first.
>>
>>26345808

But would you have wanted a sun lamb legendar-

Actually if they made it a sun RAM then that would have been pretty cool
>>
>>26345573
>Sol is spanish for sun
>Luna is spanish for moon
>Mar is spanish for sea/ocean

Uno is Spanish for one, dos for two, and tres for three, but that doesn't mean the legendary bird trio is based on Mexico.

Sol, luna, and mare (which mar could be from) are also Latin words, the language that Spanish is based on. It's a lot more likely their names came from Latin than Spanish.

Also, the "mar" is Marshadow is probably from Mars, the planet, to tie in with the Sun and Moon, rather than from ocean or marsh.
>>
>>26345623
I can't believe toddlers are able to browse the internet
>>
No sun god in their pantheon?
Go to sleep. Like please. Where have you been for the past months?
Kane and Hina?
>>
File: croagunk.jpg (13 KB, 303x166) Image search: [Google]
croagunk.jpg
13 KB, 303x166
>>26345623
It's called fucking Alola for fucks sake.
>>
>>26345573
The legends are from Balinese myth.

Barong is the white-haired lion of light, whose fur is adorned with precious stones and gilded mirrors to reflect the sun's rays against his enemies. He fights Rangda, the witch queen of the demons, who take the form of flying vampires missing their lower extremities who come at night to steal men's lives.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.