[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 60-Bisharp line
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Yesterday was the Golurk line, today will be about the edgy-I mean blade Pokemon Pawniard and Bisharp.
My thoughts: Is it just me, or has this line become more popular since Gen 6? Not that I'm complaining though, Bisharp is a cool Pokemon. I can see what lead to its rise in popularity, being a Dark type that resists the newly introduced Fairy, and the buff Knock Off received, making Bisharp a prime user for the move.
Concept wise, this line is pretty interesting. First and foremost, you can tell they're based off the chess pieces pawn and bishop by their names. They even act like roles too, with Pawniard being the foot soldiers and Bisharp acting like a commander to them. They might also borrow elements from super sentai/tokusatsu, given their designs.

Overall, the Bisharp line is the result of a combination of the two types that were introduced in Gen 2, and I have to say they didn't dissapoint. A pretty cool Pokemon and an example of how great the Dark types were in Gen V
>>
>Tfw fighting type exists
>>
They're shit.
>>
They're okay. I can understand the appeal although I dont necessarily like it that much
>>
>>26341350
The Bisharp, Golurk and Chandelure lines are what made gen 5 for me.
>>
>>26341386
You're shit.
>>
I think it's pretty good, I don't really care for the blades on its arms and chest but I do like its legs and head. Pawniard, I'm rather impartial.

I don't think they are edgy, but as I say I would prefer had they left out many of its blades.
>>
Love 'em.
>>
You put two of the coolest types in the game together and you get this goofy wannabe samurai thing with balloon pants.

I really hope we get another dark/steel in S&M to redeem this.
>>
>>26341350
love it
>>
I don't like them. I do like blade arm pokemon like Kabutops and scyther a lot so why don't I like this. It's probably the head part.
>>
Also those pants are dumb looking. Cool type though of all the gen 6 pokemon it's probably the one I hate the least.
>>
It doesn't look like a pokemon.
>>
>>26341695
Gen5*
>>
>>26341357
>tfw mach punch exists
>>
>>26341350
One of my favorite pokemon, easily. Combines a lot of themes that I like together.. the whole commander-army relationship (Battlefield 2142 anyone?), and this sort of mixture between a kamen rider/samurai/shonen/helmet wearing hero/anti-hero type thing. I'm also a cumfaggot for blades and shit. I think it's got a great shiny too, giving it a kind of choice between 2 good color schemes.

Also, I dont know why, but I've always liked the aesthetic of large thighs leading to long, thin legs. Always gave a very strong legged, mobile look to the design. That seems like one of the more controversial parts of it's design.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.