[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really hope they don't blow their loads before the games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: alola.png (40 KB, 1152x497) Image search: [Google]
alola.png
40 KB, 1152x497
I really hope they don't blow their loads before the games are released like with XYORAS.

Anyone else?
>>
They will.
>>
Same here, but as >>26339147 said, sadly
>>
File: get.jpg (32 KB, 559x314) Image search: [Google]
get.jpg
32 KB, 559x314
It seems alright so far though
>>
XYORAS both blew their loads because they didn't have much to show in the first place

> 70 Pokemon in XY

>ORAS postgame is going on a field trip with a deviantart OC

As expected of a beta Gen.
>>
>>26339223
XY wasn't actually that bad because there were also a bunch of megas people didn't discover until the game came out.

ORAS is where they really did literally spoil everything because they were so desperate to advertise a game with such low amount of content.
>>
>>26339251
Well to be fair, what can actually be advertised about for a remake of a region most of the fan base that has grown up to earn some sort of disposable income already played?

Being a 15 year old in 2010 with the release of HGSS, I wasn't the aware consumer I am today because I didn't have a job. GF and Nintendo didn't have to ramp up advertisement because if it had Pokemon in its name, I was already going to be saving up money for it and I'm fairly sure I'm not the only one this applies to. But now I'm 21, and this is the point in life where you have to "sell" me things in a sense. So what do you market?

Well for starters, Megas are a new and hot thing that were generally well received with XY. GF saw the hype whenever a new Mega was revealed, so decided to capitalize on that by revealing every Mega in intervals before the release of ORAS. While its sound in theory, they did blunder this by not leaving anything up to discovery.

And secondly, with the Delta Episode, people have been wanting to go into space ever since RSE (literally the truck of Gen 3). So GF decided to let everyone know "HOLY SHIT YOU CAN GO INTO MOTHERFUCKING SPACE IN ORAS!!!" to capitalize on what people have been wanting for over 10 years. But by telling everybody and hoping to gain sales that way, you've already spoiled the ending to the DE.

And with that being said, I personally think ORAS had a ton of great new features. DexNav, better Secret Bases, Soaring, Mirage Islands, Hoopa Rings, etc., but for some people, these things just aren't substantial enough

TLDR; Gen 6 is the first generation where a large part of the fan base has disposable income, so they have to advertise like crazy in order to sell the game to you instead of just relying on brand name. Because ORAS were just an updated version of two older game, there wasn't much to advertise to begin with compared to XY and it suffered for it.
>>
Everything leaked before they blew their load anyway because people got the games early.
>>
>>26339635
not really. It took forever for XY leakers to actually show any new Pokemon because almost all of them were already shown in pre-release material. And despite the demo datamine for ORAS basically having the game's whole file structure in it the only new thing we found out was hoopa unbound and the lorekeeper trainer class.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.