[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For better or worse, Game Freak announce a Kanto remake/reimagining
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: kanto.jpg (165 KB, 786x543) Image search: [Google]
kanto.jpg
165 KB, 786x543
For better or worse, Game Freak announce a Kanto remake/reimagining after Sun and Moon for Gen 7/8. What damage control could be taken by the development team to make sure it doesn't end up being shit?
>>
>>26336818

>Gen 1 remake

It's guaranteed to be shit right from the get-go.
>>
>>26336848
well no shit sherlock, that's the point of the thread. Kanto is played out, overused and bland, the point is to try and salvage it as best as possible. Use a little creativity
>>
>>26336865

But it's impossible. We all know that it'd be full of memes and nostalgia-bombs.

The way to fix it, would be to take the Kanto region, move it away, and instead do a Sinnoh remake.
>>
>>26336818
>keep SUMO character customization (assuming its good)
>make the story different but still base it in Kanto

I'd play it without a doubt
>>
>>26336865
I wish I had a nickel for every time a contrarian posted on /vp/.
>>
>>26336873

>being so easily jewed by Game Freak

oh lawd
>>
>>26336818
Make a new progression route.
You start in Vermillion City or Lavender Town or I don't know, just not in Pallet Town.
Retire a gym leader or two and give them a new function.
Add more side quests to cities and routes.
New flavor to the Team Rocket campaign. Someone desperately trying to reignite old flames of the team, maybe?
Post-game Johto
>>
>>26336928

>post-game worst Region

no pls
>>
>>26336937
It can be improved, anon.
A guaranteed Celebi encounter, for example.
>>
>>26336944

Obviously it can be improved. It would've been great I'm sure, if Iwata didn't katana-slice it in-half to make way for the same shit we had played a few years earlier.

But another problem for me is how bad the Johto mons are. I never want to go there out of fear of vomiting to death.
>>
Key word is in your post OP, it would have to be a reimagining, not a remake. That is to say, the basic plot and map layout are the same but /extreme/ liberties are taken
>Cinnabar is an actual volcano island like in the anime
>Saffron is an actual metropolis but not shit like Lumiose
>Vastly expanded Mewtwo plot
>Vastly expanded Team Rocket involvement
>ALL of the added features from FR/LG like the Sevii Islands and move tutors
>Basic revamps for ease of use, like being able to breed, get cross gen evos and easy access to berries before the post game
>Some of the unique features of Yellow like having your starter follow you, and the appearance of Jessie/James
>A battle facility that plays like Gym Leader castle complete with rentals
>Access to Mt Silver?
>Some of the beta features cut from the originals such as the Prof Oak battle
>The guy in Vermillion finally finishes his building project?
I could go on and on but you get the point. Red and Green in the Gen 7 engine just wouldn't cut it. With all that being said, I don't think Game Freak could do justice to a full 3D Kanto, so I'd rather they didn't bother at all
>>
File: 142868162215000.png (194 KB, 586x827) Image search: [Google]
142868162215000.png
194 KB, 586x827
>>26336818

The more I think about Kanto in comparison with other regions of Pokemon world, the more it strikes me as the token Venezuela of Pokeverse.
>>
>>26336818
First off, all evolution to Kanto mons (Crobat, Tangrowth, the eeveelutions, etc) must be accessible before getting the National dex.
>>
File: 1440638549129.png (210 KB, 923x564) Image search: [Google]
1440638549129.png
210 KB, 923x564
FRLG is still one of my favorite games. Close to BW and BW2. There's little to nothing wrong with FRLG other than quality of life improvements. And that's what it should continue being. Add in a few gen 2-7 new pokemon in habitats that make sense. Get rid of the gen 4 trade evolutions. Give it a stylistic overhaul. Add in some new evolutions to old pokemon (instead of megas, since I personally hate megas)
>>
>>26336818
Either:

1 - Focus on story and make it a sequel to gen1 story, after the events of gen2 story, with heavy story in it, all of the gym leaders involved, returning characters, just go full-on self masturbatory on the fanservice ot the point the fans just roll their eyes out in ahegao.

2 - focus on presentation, pokemon games look ugly in general so an overhaul would be needed. Make the rock tunnel really feel like a cave full of darkness with echoes of your own footsteps, creepy ambience music and subtle cries of the pokemon inside it. Make the cinnabar ruins actually feel like a destroyed from inside lab, with papers on the ground and a giant test tube in the end because people love that mewtwo.

Unless it does something really good or unique to stand out it will just feel like FR/LG 2: electric pikachoo
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.