[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>introduced Mega Evolutions to breathe new life into older
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
>introduced Mega Evolutions to breathe new life into older and/or weaker Pokémon
>introduced the Fairy type to knock down OP Dragons a peg
>had a beautiful region with memorable landmarks
>had the best Pokégirls
>had the best music
>had the best Pokémon including a motherfucking T-rex and Based Greninja
>gave us the best seasons of the anime hands down
>made breeding and EV training more convenient
>gave us awesome Hoenn remakes with improved characters and gameplay from the originals
Gen 6 is the best generation of Pokémon and there's no denying it.
>>
File: 1463059363045.jpg (108 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1463059363045.jpg
108 KB, 1000x1000
>>26335510

>introduced the world to sweet Emma

Can never hate it for this alone
>>
>>26335510
>gave us great Hoenn remakes

What a ruse
>>
File: 1463191171711.jpg (63 KB, 680x891) Image search: [Google]
1463191171711.jpg
63 KB, 680x891
>had the best Pokégirls
negative ghostrider
>>
>>26335614
Serena is better.
>>
File: image.jpg (201 KB, 687x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
201 KB, 687x1024
I can't hate X&Y.

Breeding became supremely fun.
The new Pokemon were great.
Megas are enjoyable to use.
Emma is an angel.
Kalos is beautiful.
And on top of all that we get the best NPC trainer designs this side of Unova.

Gen 6 was looking fantastic. But nothing was the same once the ORAS attacked.
>>
File: 1461706269958.png (12 KB, 246x200) Image search: [Google]
1461706269958.png
12 KB, 246x200
>>26335614
>She's only in the beta version of the infinitely superior BW2
>>
File: 1459041526841.gif (1018 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
1459041526841.gif
1018 KB, 480x720
There were many missed opportunities in x and y that could have been addressed.
For one, not everything could be so boxy looking and maybe have some inclines or curves
They also could have made sure that the mega pokes from oras could be transferred to x and y.
They could have done pokebank right
They could have fixed the saving bug before release
They could have put the battle frontier in if they didn't rush
They also made the perfect breeding route with a bush in the middle of it
The problem is that they rushed these out. There weren't many perfect little details that made the games. Which upsets me
>>
>>26335873
Pokébank is good though?
>>
>>26335589
>Hoenn
>Great

Pick one
>>
Pokemon X was the shortest main series Pokemon game I've ever experienced. Even when I tried my hardest to go at a slow, leisurely pace, I wound up beating it in less than 3 days.

On one hand it gave me more time to focus on my pokedex and make trainer videos, but on the other hand I'm not sure if I want Sun/Moon to be quite *that* short.
>>
>>26335974
me too. took me 2 days to beat it with catching lavados mewtwo and the few pokemon i still needed on Omega ruby. and since we can most likely use pokeBank on sun/moon the pokedex will be complete there in a flash
>>
>>26335510
>Mega Evolutions are sometimes hit-or-miss in terms of design and caused the meta to overcentralize again
>introduced Fairy-type which did fuck all to stop dragons, apart from the occasional free switch on a Dragon move
>had a mess of a region with forgettable landmarks
>best Pokégirls is entirely a matter of personal taste
>objectively forgettable music with a few exceptions
>Tyrantrum and Greninja are pretty based, but even with a smaller count of introduced Pokémon half of them look like ass
>the anime hasn't been good since the Sinnoh league, so this is an understandable opinion
>breeding and EV training can still be a pain in the ass
>injecting makes breeding pointless anyway because cheaters get good shit faster and easier
>apart from the absent Physical/Special split, Emerald is still the best Hoenn game
No, it's really not the best Gen, but you tried. I actually liked the games too.
>>
File: 1455567966502.jpg (18 KB, 183x182) Image search: [Google]
1455567966502.jpg
18 KB, 183x182
>>26335735
iktfb
>>
>>26335540
Game freak doesn't even care about Emma she doesn't even have official art. Neither does your mother or the lab assistants. Fuck X and Y for being lazy. Your rival doesn't have real parents, even though they say their parents were expert battlers. Your mother doesn't do anything she's there because you're supposed to have one, she doesn't heal give you items store money compete in contests or tell you about places over the phone, she just stands in the house. It's obviously the most half assed game in the series
>>
>had the best music

I respect your taste but no. Hell fucking no especially coming off gen 5's music.
>>
>>26335510
Don't forget. Gave us amie too. I finally can pet and feed my bros.

The only thing missing is pokémon following the player.
>>
>>26336495
This. So much shit that Game Freak didn't do. Even Red and Blue feel more complete than X and Y. I honestly wouldn't have minded Pokémon Z, because Kalos really needed the Platinum/BW2 treatment but sadly never got it. Anyone who thinks X and Y were fantastic just the way they were is either delusional or has some nasty buyer's remorse.
>>
>>26336545
you should be able to turn this on/off, so people stop complaining about it
>>
>>26335510
Anon, the DP Anime is called that because it went on during DP. Its obvious. And that's Gen 4
>>
>>26335510
Gen 6 was a weird region. It did introduce a lot of cool mechanics and few but still really cool Pokemon, but in the end it still felt...I dunno, lackluster or underwhelming. I don't hate Gen 6 though, there isn't a Gen I flat out hate.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.