[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think Megas will still be in Gen 7?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
Do you think Megas will still be in Gen 7?
>>
Yes but I hope they get rid of Primal Reversion, that's just retarded.
>>
>>26334359
I really fucking hope not.
>>
>>26334359
Absolutely, this is a mechanic that so many people enjoy and one that has also changed not only the games themselves but the competitive scene (as far as I'm aware I don't delve into that territory). This mechanic has its own lore, they've made almost 50 specific Megas, and again, a ton of people really enjoy them, they would be really stupid to get rid of it.
>>
>>26334359
No.

>>26334402
>This whole post
You're wrong.
>>
>>26334359
Yes but they won't force a shitton on us again.
>>
>>26334402
The only answer. Anything else is just maymay
>>
If they don't have battle Frontier this time I'll be okay with that.
>>
File: smug.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
Anyone whos hoping or expecting no megas to come with the newest Gen is delusional, retarded and setting themselves up for disappointment They're part of the meta and here to stay. Put up and shut up or go back and play gen 5 you whiny faggots.
>>
>>26334369
Also they need to get rid of Mega Rayquaza not needing a Mega Stone. Ok fine last gen was the Gen 3 remakes so the legendaries got a huge power buff. That's over now so it's time to make them reasonable again.
>>
The only pokemon that should get megas are unviable shit tier NU/PU mons like Exeggutor and shit. Id be ok with that
>>
>>26334474
>he likes Megas
>he thinks Megas are relevant
>"meta"
>all it did was ruin it
>>
Sadly they will be included.
Megas as so flawed it's not even funny.
>>
I really hope they do.

Call me 7, I don't care, I am more excited for new megas than new pokemon
>>
>>26334475
I dont get why anyone gives a shit about this.

It's a top end legendary. They're kept out of competitive by all formats, official and non-official, with the exception of one recent themed tournament (which they do a lot of)

It literally doesn't matter how broken it is. It won't affect anything. They can break it even further for all it matters.
>>
>>26334359

Of course. They're not going to ditch such a prominent new mechanic and all of the designs that came with it.

They're here to stay.
>>
>>26334551
tell that to HGSS pokemon following you
>>
>>26334527
>hes trapped in the past
>he still hasnt accepted a mechanic in a game after 3 years
>He decides to cry like a piss fiend on a vietnamese rice farming board like his opinion will change anything

Why not just.. i dont know, stop playing? I'll say what i said in my last post.. Put up or... SHUT THE FUCK UP FAGGOT! get rekt and change your diaper you faggot child ;)
>>
>>26334577
>comparing a fucking sprite following you to an overall battle mechanic

This post has retard written all over it
>>
>>26334577
tell me this is bait
>>
>>26334600
Yeah. 4chan contrarianism disease. Its been how long until the mechanic was introduced?
>>
>>26334550
Wrong I'm pretty sure it's legal in VGC 2016, I know I just watched a VGC 2016 battle on the pokemon youtube channel where Mega Rayquaza was used.

Here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP7WPGH2mEI
>>
>>26334359
Of course. Its the best thing to happen to the franchise in like 10 years and Japanese kids love them.

They're 100% here to stay, but the verdict is out on whether we will see any more primals. Its likely going to be 20 new megas in S&M.
>>
>>26334622
Mega fug isn't that common in VGC though, because it takes up both your mega slot and one of your two legend slots. For the price of one mega fug, you could have mega mom, primal Groudon, and Xerneas instead.
>>
>>26334622
That's the exact themed tournament he's talking about bro. The whole gimmick of VGC 2016 is 'restricted' pokemon. First time since 2010.
>>
>>26334549

Sometimes I feel like this too. It was part of the reason why ORAS wasn't a complete snooze.
>>
WHY IS RAYQUAZA CALLED FUG

NO ONE EVER FUCKING ANSWERS ME, NO MATTER HOW MUCH I ASK, FUCKING ANSWER ME
>>
Question to people who like megas:
Will you like more Fusion?
Are you excited for Charizario or Lucarizard (Charizard x Lucario)?
Are you excited for Anon-Greninja?
Are you excited for Super Mega Gardevoir?
Are you excited for Perfect Form Salamance?
Are you excited for Final Form Sceptile?

Question to people who don't like megas:
You know this ride wont end until Pokemon stops making money right? i.e. never.
You know that it doesn't matter what GF makes enough people will like it and buy it?
You know that it's over right?
You know you lost right?
>>
>>26334359
>Do you think the biggest marketing success since lucario will still be in gen 7?
I don't know :^)

>>26334704
The german word for flying is flug, someone posted a picture with the l taken out. Cue memes.
>>
>>26334674
Doesn't matter, him and the primal Groudon and Kyogre are overpowered with mechanics different from every other pokemon. They need to be toned down by taking away primal reversion and not needing a mega stone. Or other pokemon will never be able to compete unless they are given those mechanics too.
>>
>digimon tier
I was hoping not but they seem rather entrenched. It adds more to the competitive scene than to the actual game. On the very least it was better than giving gimmicky pre-evolutions and additional evolutions to neglected pokemon.
>>
>>26334420
Delusion.
>>
>>26334729
>this retardedly huge strawman
>tfw i will never be this asspained

Anyways, I'll bite. I didnt like the Mega mechanic at first but I like how its made certain shitmons useable in battle. The pokefusion thing is an awful idea and im glad that the rumors for that werent true
>>
>>26334741
The other Pokemon can compete. They're competing right now. Its called VGC2016.

The format where fucking Jumpluff shits all over Primal Groudon.
>>
>>26334474
I'm agree with you and wanted to give you props for the smug Krycek
>>
>>26334474
>here to stay
Naw. In a couple gens, they'll be replaced by another hype feature.
>>
>>26334772
>They're competing right now
>Literally every team has a Primal Groudon or Kyogre on it, let alone the winning teams

And not even just VGC since that's a super centralized meta

>70+% of Uber's and Anything Goes teams on Showdown use Mega Rayquaza and Primal Kyogre

They're overpowered.
>>
>>26334840
I mean Primal Groudon.
>>
>>26334826
not likely. Its a pretty simple mechanic when you think about it.. Will other hype features bw added to battle? I hope not.. megas is enough. Outside of battle? Perhaps

I hope we can dress up our characters again.. and remove hats
>>
>>26334765
>fusions
>rumor
>>
>>26334577
>A thing that was a large part of XYs story, and has changed the series alot
>Something that had no relevance to anything, didn't change gameplay much
Don't compare them
>>
>>26334918
Forgot to say Human fusions

There was a rumor going around after sun and moon was announced that Trainer/Pokemon fusions were gonna be a thing

scared the shit out of me.
>>
>>26334604
>They're not going to ditch such a prominent new mechanic and all of the designs that came with it.

extremely comparable, you retard among retards
>>
>>26334577

Not even remotely the same thing.

Following pokemon was a novelty feature. As cool as it was it didn't really matter if it was taken out.

Getting rid of Megas would be like getting rid of actual pokemon. It's not going to happen.
>>
>>26334939
The only thing stopping human fusions in the game is having a character as big as Ash. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw human fusions as part of the story. Evil team leader wants to fuse with Sunlion. You have to fight them fused.
>>
>>26334359
Yes
>>
>>26334950
How is it comparable? Youre comparing a fucking SPRITE FOLLOWING YOU which didnt give you any benefits what so ever to a BATTLE MECHANIC used for competitive play.

Keep sucking your moms teet, because quite frankly, you werent worth my time in the first place.

Consider yourself owned faggot.
>>
>>26334577
You can trademark Charizard.
You can trademark Mega Charizard X.
You can't trademark Charizard walking behind you.
>>
>>26335092
Poster status: BTFO
>>
Oh god I hope not.
They were the reason I skipped Gen VI.
>>
>>26335092
How can I be owned when you're just plain wrong though? Not a day goes by people don't wish the pokemon following you thing stuck in every game. And those are a lot of unique sprites they made, which they then ditched.

>tfw the owner is actually the ownee
>>
Definitely, they were a huge success across all demographics and add another layer of depth to battles.
>>
File: yes yes yes.jpg (68 KB, 540x441) Image search: [Google]
yes yes yes.jpg
68 KB, 540x441
It's hard not to like Megas.

Even if you think they're fucking stupid in concept, eventually they'll make a really cool one for one of your favorite Pokemon and then you'll be swayed.
>>
>>26335420
Except they haven't made any cool ones for any of my favourite Pokemon yet, they've only made a really shit one for one my favourites (Heracross).
>>
Either way, way more Pokemon need Megas, or get rid of Megas altogether.

Good or bad though, I fucking hate needing to have my Pokemon hold an item to Mega Evolve.
>>
>>26335420
There are a couple designs I like, but they dont get rid of the tons I hate.
>>
>>26335619
>choice scarf megachomp
>life orb mega lopunny
>leftovers mega sableye
>mega metagross in general
>>
>>26334622
>every fucking team is megamence, megamom, primal faggots and mega fugg
Wow this gave me cancer
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.