[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
XY and ORAS Criticisms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: xy.jpg (151 KB, 630x350) Image search: [Google]
xy.jpg
151 KB, 630x350
No hate, just features, concepts you disliked, could be improved.
>>
ROLLERSKATES
>>
Male Clothes
>>
File: orasproblems.png (228 KB, 893x1200) Image search: [Google]
orasproblems.png
228 KB, 893x1200
>>
Lumiose City
>>
>>26333093
/thread
well, for oras, at least
>>
Gym leaders don't speak to you during your gym battle with them
Sky Battles
>>
>>26333093
>most of the 'problems' are just features that were removed or changed
kek, this is pathetic.
>Every Mega Evolution was officially unveiled before the game even came out
So?
>>
Ok...
No trainer rebattles
No gym rebattles
E4 doesn't get stronger
E4 doesn't use full teams
Lumiose being horrible to transverse and glitchy
The hat not being able to be taken off
Skates being unequipable
Post game is nonexistent for the most part
The "friends" are boring and annoying
The music is a noticeable step down from BW/2 but still some catchy tunes
Zygarde is just....there
Diantha is the worst champion who does nothing during the main story like past champions.

I think that covers my grievances
>>
Make mega evolutions automatic like the primal forms, was rather annoying having to do it manually.

Remove legendary limitations in any competition stuff like the battle resort at stuff like that, legendaries are basically post game content, yet other than catch them the only thing to do after completing the story is battle resort and online battles, which don't even allow you to use them, and don't give me that "legendaries are unfair" pokemon you actually put effort into leveling will always have an advantage over a legendary you caught at 70+, stats be damned.
>>
How about for everything we post that we didn't like, we post a small something that we did like?

I hated how the gym leaders were so underwhelming and forget able. A few had cool designs like the grass old dude and the psychic lady, but just didn't "stick".

I really liked how catching Pokémon gave EXP to the Pokémon that was battling it. Seems minor, but early on it helps and it's a nice bonus for when you've slogged through a battle to catch a Pokémon to know that your other guys got something out of it too.
>>
>>26333093
Now I can agree with most of this but Shitting on dexnav isn't one of them. Love using that thing in the main game to get decent ivs and eggmoves on my pokemon for the main game and it's has it's uses after that too.
>>
>>26333075
Lack of gender neutral clothes and accessories.
>>
>>26333196
>thinks features that were removed or changed aren't problems
kek, this is pathetic
>can't into the idea of a little mystery to a game
>>
>>26333196

Are you retarded? They didn't even put the Battle Tower in. They literally cloned the Maison from XY and changed the dialogue of the NPCs. How is it pathetic to expect a remake to include everything the original did? Whether or not it has the Battle Frontier is mostly irrelevant - the important part is that the Battle Tower is not included and that IS relevant.

As for everything being unveiled before the game came out... Look, some people don't like surprises and enjoy spoilers and all of that, but when you know literally everything about the damn game before it comes out, why even bother playing it? It's not new and exciting any more. GameFreak spoilt EVERYTHING. Nothing was left a secret.
>>
They were so lazy for ORAS that they couldn't even redraw the Pokemon artwork like they did for all the Gen 1 and 2 games when their remakes came out
>>
>>26333239
agreed
i don't agree with you about the catch exp because of the fucking exp share already in effect with the exp decay
but hey, at least carbink is a cute pokemon
>>
>>26333230
>E4 doesnt get stronger

what the fuck? Which game was this?
>>
>>26333266

These games weren't made to pander to tumblrfags though.
>>
Scrap the sectional pokedex or whatever the hell it was called. Until you unlocked the national one finding a pokemon was a headache if you weren't sure what part of Kalos you found it in.
>>
>>26333281
*without exp decay
as in, all pokemon get the same exp the pokemon in battle would get even without a share on
>>
>>26333291
>he thinks dressing up as a cute trap is tumblr

niggas will deny themselves cute things with zero downsides to not look "tumblr"
>>
>>26333075
Gym battles in XY, the leaders just used 3 pokemanz, I wanted a fucking challenge not anime pandering. Viola, Grant and Korrina were ok because they were the first 3, but the rest?
>>
>>26333239
Well in that case....

destiny knot breeding is the best thing EVER
O-powers are super convenient
Love the bike loops for egg hatching in xy and oras. hope that returns in sun/moon
Making shiny pokemon easier was great
Pokebank made catching them all even easier for future gens
Chain fishing is a cool way to get shinies
Friend safari is cool
Love the buffs and nerfs some attacks got
Fairy type is cool
RELEARNABLE EGG MOVES!!!!
Super training making EVs more transparent for everyone and reset bags existing.
Super training giving out evo stones is cool.

6 really did add some nice features despite it's faults.
>>
>>26333346
>Using o-powers
>Using super training instead of horde battles

What
>>
>>26333372
What's wrong with using O-powers? sure most of them were useless, but Hatching O-power was really convenient and expedited breeding for shinies/IVs
>>
>>26333287
XY.

No matter how many times you rebattle them they only have 4 pokes. Hell dianta doesn't even get stronger.
>>26333372
Shit I forgot to mention horde training. And egg hatching, capture, double exp, double cash o powers are legit.
>>
For horde battles allow half the pre-existing moves to be used on an entire group, just reduce the damage they do.

There is no reason something like flamethrower or bullet seed can't be used in a spray effect.
>>
>>26333075
megas are gay.
could probably have done better than fairy type.
>>
>>26333093

>decent replacement minigame for the game corner
>Delta episodes were spoiled (?) and more pointless than Looker quest
>M Salamence is overpowered
>What is M Altaria/any ice type
>No physical bonus is included as a incentive to buy the remakes
>Shitting on DexNav
>THE WILD POKEMON VARIETY IS POOR, DESPITE BEING THE BEST OUTSIDE GENIUS SORORITY GAMES WHERE YOU JUST NICK OTHERS POKEMON

Other points perfectly valid either objectively or subjectively, and should be improved in future games. Still mad that someone thought voltorb flip was actually okay.
>>
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGuh
>>
I liked wonder trade
>>
File: jMg5tb1.gif (2 MB, 325x250) Image search: [Google]
jMg5tb1.gif
2 MB, 325x250
>>26333564
>that once in a blue moon moment someone trades you a legend or a shiny.
>>
>>26333585
>getting excited over some randomly hacked poke
>>
>>26333753
hey as long as they legal enough i don't give a shit. More trophies/ trade fodder is always welcomed.
>>
>>26333372

>not just leveling your Pokemon and getting random EVs
>the random EVs make it easier to finish up super training
>When max EVed, just use the berries to reduce the stats you don't need
>then finish super training and or use vitamins

It really is easier using the berry reduction method.
>>
>>26333340

>cute trap
>implying only traps are cute

Kill yourself.
>>
The world map in X/Y sucked. It lacked exploration and features.

The world of Black/White/BW2 was so full of detail.
>>
>>26333816

No it's not. You can just use power items, Pokerus, Sweet Scent and AoE moves to destroy hordes super-quick.

Super Training is slow as fuck. It's good for showing EVs (though it doesn't tell you the current ones unless you reset them and note them down quickly), but that's about it.
>>
File: megagyms4.jpg (594 KB, 882x1607) Image search: [Google]
megagyms4.jpg
594 KB, 882x1607
-Sceaming lack of post-game.
-Weak as shit Elite Four
-Pic related not being a thing (though Rock gym should be Aero)
>>
>>26333816
>Ev training with random battles almost 512 times per pokemon
>Not knowing vitamins can't be used when the stat has over 100 evs

Hah
>>
>>26333085
I agree, the sneaking feature was better, and it slowed you down. At least you can control your fucking directions without being grid-smacked
>>
>>26333753
Never hacked here. Can i be banned if i inject or if i use an injected pokemon i got from trade? I mean is it worth to buy and hack a cheap 2ds only to inject and trade pokemons to the 'main' not hacked 3ds?
>>
>>26333231
>pokemon you actually put effort into leveling will always have an advantage over a legendary you caught at 70+, stats be damned
HEH
>>
the casualization.
>>
>>26333075
Mega evolutions were a good idea that were poorly implemented. They should have been restricted only to legendaries and third stagers. Also, weaker third stagers like Beedrill should gotten a higher base stat boost upon Mega Evolving to more meaningfully level the playing field. Do that and I'd think Megas would be an excellent addition.

Actually thought the Pokemon diversity and music (especially the battle themes) were some of the best in the series. If they were to make an in-game day-night cycle with a real-world time of one hour, it would allow for an even greater variety of monsters to be placed in each route without severely conflicting with player's schedules.

The few Pokemon designs we got in Gen VI were top-tier. If they bump up the number of new monsters in Sun & Moon to 90, maintain their level of quality, and continue to whittle down unused type combinations, I'll be very happy.
>>
>>26338770
Also, DexNav, Amie, and Super Training were great innovations that should be permanent features now. Increase the interactivity in Amie a bit in each generation and we're good to go.
>>
>>26333075
Anybody who complains about lack of difficulty in a pokemon game are just people who project their insecurities into video games to hide from their failures. Nobody forces you to use exp share. Nobody forces you to run a 6 man minmaxed team. Nobody forces you to overlevel. Other complaints are valid.
>>
>>26333230
There are Gym and E4 rebattles. Not good ones, but better than nothing like DP. There are trainer you can battle every day and can't rebattle trainer on the routes, but it's the same like Unova. Post game is more than Gen 1 and 3. Music is totally subjective. I also can say that Kalos had miles better music than unova's techno softcore crap. Zygarde is just there...like all other third legendary. Diantha didn't appear that much, but it's more than Iris did in BW2, where she didn't appeared once.
>>
>>26333275

The Maison had more content than the Battle Tower idiot. And there's a whole island around it, which wasn't even Ruby/Sapphire.
>>
>>26333851

Unova was more smaller and linear than Kalos.

Only BW2 was bigger, but still had lesser routes than Kalos.

LOL
>>
File: oct_p18_03[1].jpg (24 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
oct_p18_03[1].jpg
24 KB, 400x240
>>26333075
>>
>>26333075
For a game that's supposed to be beautiful I really didn't see it outside of stuff like trainer artwork. The whole game is very beta transition period to a new system. Blame me for falling for the hype but I was just excited as I was pre BW as I was pre XY and it took me years to enjoy gen 5.

Sun and Moon look like everything XY wanted to be... so far.

I literally have no idea what Amie or Bonds are, they seem more useful to metafags.
>>
>>26340671
Honestly I hated the BW/BW2 art so much that the XY stuff felt so much more comfy. I usually try to avoid prepokemon game talks so my opinion is probably not reliant on any hype info or anything like that so meh.
>>
>>26340671
>>26340719
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3XEUx4-76Y
>>
>>26340719
I didn't like Hoenn's gen 3 compared to FRLG look. XY is chibi yet also blocky for some reason... bland.

Gen 5 looked kind of retro so maybe that's why I like it.
>>
>>26340793
For me I enjoy the original RB and GS then pretty much don't care about any of the art again until XY. I don't now what it was but the older stuff probably just clicks with nostalgia for me and the new stuff finally gets away from that terrible 2d art they were doing forever. The shift to BW made me nearly quit pokemon I hated most of the designs and color schemes. Now don't get me wrong I have no objectivity here this is pure my opinions but thats how I've been.
>>
i don't like them have repeated the Kalos design in Hoenn , like the Mauville stores and Battle Maison. ok, i hated it so much
>>
Pokémon X and Y introduced less new Pokémon.

I strongly dislike this.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.