[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else stuck with the same type for 20 years? >tfw water
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 22
File: 2323232.gif (34 KB, 500x223) Image search: [Google]
2323232.gif
34 KB, 500x223
Anyone else stuck with the same type for 20 years?
>tfw water master race
>>
>tfw this is the first time I genuinely like water

>constantly getting shit on for being a pop olio fan for no reason
>>
Fire always. I almost didn't choose Tepig, but personal habit won out. Every new gen, I pray the fire starter isn't ugly.
>>
I always picked grass except for Gen 2, where I picked Totodile.

I was bullied in 3rd grade for picking Bulbasaur
>>
i've never chosen water
>bulbasaur
>cyndaquil
>treecko
>turtwig
>smugleaf
>fennekin
>probably rowlet unless the final evolution is shit
>>
Firebreh for the first 4 gens. Now a Grassbreh. Totodile is cash regardless.
>>
I've never chosen fire as my first choice, does that count?

I was pure water until Gen 4, and I picked Grass from 4-6. Not sure about this gen yet though.
>>
>>26332117
ignore the hate, popplio will turn out great i hope

>>26332158
>never chose the best type
>>
>>26332081
I have always been a water fag, but that ends with gen 7 unless that abnomination gets a cool final stage.
>>
>>26332081
Same.
>older brother went with grass

He is having a blast with the popplio hate right now.
>>
>>26332081
Ever since I first played blue, I always use the water starter first play through. Sucked in gen 5, and im pissed about it so far. Hopefully Popolio has a nice fairy water typing or something when it evolves
>>
>>26332081
>liked water for first 3 gens
>nothing looked good gen 4, so went with turdwig
>gen 5 was gonna pick oshawott until I saw samurott and picked tepig instead
>gen 6 I didn't play but I would pick grass or fire
>gen 7 I'll probably pick litten
>>
>>26332251
>unless
Fairweather waterfolk. Conditional love ain't love worth having
>>
>>26332251
As a waterfag myself, Oshawott is worst than Popplio. At least this guy has potential.
>>
>>26332081
My type choices have been pretty much even -
>Bulbasaur
>Cyndaquil
>Mudkip
>Piplup
>Snivy
>Fennekin
I'm not picking my Alola starter until i know what the final evolutions look like.
>>
File: bogeymans.png (24 KB, 500x223) Image search: [Google]
bogeymans.png
24 KB, 500x223
>>26332081
Blue = First playthrough of the gen
Green = Second playthrough, third edition pick, or received in a trade

Already set up a deal with a pal, I'm pickin' Charfield and he's going with John Owlbuckle and we're gonna get each other eggs ASAP.
>>
>Charmander
>Totodile
>Treeko
>Piplup
>Snivy
>Froakie
>Rowlet
>>
File: 1453313380405.gif (571 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
1453313380405.gif
571 KB, 680x453
>>26332081

>20 years.
>>
>>26332081
I always went with Grass, even when I didn't want to. Chikorita was fucking torture.

Thankfully my faithfulness to my favorite type was rewarded with Snivy, Chespin and Rowlet.
>>
File: 1453637968575.gif (2 MB, 312x180) Image search: [Google]
1453637968575.gif
2 MB, 312x180
>>26332659
>>
>>26332081
I would've been pure firefag but
>Chimchar line

Gen 4 had the ugliest starters, Piplup was the only tolerable choice.
>>
>>26332134
Me too, actually. Charizardfags were shitty and most of them grew up to be normies/genwunners.
>>
I use to pick water starters even if they turned out to have a shitty last evo.

this time I will wait and see how they look on there final form before choosing.
>>
File: favoritestarters.png (22 KB, 501x277) Image search: [Google]
favoritestarters.png
22 KB, 501x277
>>26332081
Honestly can rarely decide between the Kanto starters sense I've been exposed to them for so long and I can't tell if I'm bored with them or not.
Johto starters I always rotate between Totodile and Cyndiqual.
Hoenn I kind of like them all but none really wow'd me
Sinnoh I really liked all of them, Chimchars just my least favorite but I still like him
Unova, I only like Snivy and even then I winded up boxy my Serperior later down the road.
Chespin is my boy, favorite shouldermon. Finniken is easily after, don't care if its furbait, Froakie is okay, I like him but nothing special to me.
Litten looks promising and cute.
Piplup is my favorite starter, Followed by Chespin
>>
>>26332791
You gotta stick with water bro. Don't break tradition.
The only shitty last evo is Samurott.
>>
>>26332081
... I never realized I was a Grassfag except for Piplup my nigga.
>>
File: FuckYou.png (30 KB, 500x223) Image search: [Google]
FuckYou.png
30 KB, 500x223
Green: First run
Blue: Second run
I never replayed gen 4 because it sucked but I would have picked oshawott
>>
>>26332752
My Charmanderfag friend quit after gen 3 while me as a Bulbasaurfag have been watching/playing since 1999. (Well I watched up to season 8/9ish but you know) Interestingly most Squirtlefags I know were show-only fans or only played a little. (Just my observation)
>>
File: ayylmao.png (35 KB, 500x223) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.png
35 KB, 500x223
>>26332081
Almost water master race, but couldn't resist Turtwig.
>>
>>26333194
>Gen 4
>Oshawott
>>
>>26332081
Never stuck with one type but I commend anyone who's done it since the beginning.
>>
>>26332158
I've never chosen grass.
>Charmander
>Totadile
>Torchic
>Chimchar
>Tepig
>Froakie
>Most likely 99.9% certain Popplio.

I wonder what that says about me. First playthrough anyways. Gen 1 and Gen 4 I picked fire but I honestly think the grass in those gens shine the most looking back on it.

Torterra is best grass starter.
>>
>>26333597
I definitely agree with Torterra being the coolest grass starter. To this day he is the only starter that I pick that isn't water.
>>
>>26332117
I also like popplio, but not in the contrarian way everyone thinks
>>
I ran straight grass until froakie

i just didnt like chespin
>>
>>26332081
Between Gen 1 and Gen 4 I always picked the Fire starter first, Gen 5 changed that for me and I picked Snivy first. However I went back to picking the Fire starter with Gen 6 and will do the same with Gen 7.
>>
File: 1462511876936.png (295 KB, 620x700) Image search: [Google]
1462511876936.png
295 KB, 620x700
>Squirtle
>Totodile
>Mudkip
>Piplup
>Oshawott
>Fennekin
>Probably Rowlet

Although these days I like Bulbasaur the best of the original three, and Snivy of Gen5
>>
Lets see

Charmander/Squirtle
Totodile (NEVER allowed it to evolve though)
Treeko
Used past gen
Used past gen
Froakie
Litten
>>
File: 8Ni0eJDQbqE.jpg (33 KB, 301x263) Image search: [Google]
8Ni0eJDQbqE.jpg
33 KB, 301x263
>>26332081
>Totodile was my first starter in Pokemon Gold, my first Pokemon game. The game was given to me by my friend since he had Silver, and his older brother had Crystal. I remember having him at level 98 until I moved on to Pokemon Blue.

>I chose Squirtle because I saw Blastoise was a fucking badass. My friend game me Pokemon Blue, since he had Red and his brother had Yellow. We were complete his older brother's Crystal Pokedex, so countless hours were spent in Blue and Gold. I traded my Blastoise to my Gold file soon after.

>Mudkip was cute. By this time my friend slowly drew away from Pokemon, but we still played together. He gave me Sapphire and he had Ruby. The Sapphire version was for his older brother, but he didn't play Pokemon and moved onto "cooler" hobbies like fishing and school football. I didn't really like Marshtomp and Swampert didn't look great to me, but he was a bro nonetheless.

>I thought Piplup was a step ahead of Mudkip. I liked the design and immediately chose him. Pokemon Diamond was the first Pokemon game I bought, and spent hundreds of hours playing it. I moved away from my friend, so I didn't really have anyone to play with. My two sisters weren't into Pokemon like I was, so I just enjoyed the game by myself. My first solo adventure. Empoleon looked rad as fuck, and had my Swampert moved over after the Elite Four.

>Now Oshawott was when it started going downhill. By this time, I started to take Pokemon seriously. I hated all three of the starters and their evolutions (except Dewott) But I was severly disappointed with the Oshawott line. I ultimately chose Snivy, my first grass starter, in Pokemon White. And immediately regretted it. Gen 5 in all, is my least favorite gen, and didn't want to touch the BW2 games. Now I realized that I broke my tradition. After looking back all of these years, I gave Oshawott and Samurott not enough credit, and I now would chose Oshawott over the others.
>>
>>26332081
stuck with Fire right up until gen 5.
after visiting grass and water in that order, I'm hoping to go back to fire.
>>
>>26333875
>Gen 5 in all, is my least favorite gen

That's sad, it's definitely my favorite. The starters blow though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXMVdtCD_8Q
>>
Let's not lie, none of us a jap.
It's been 18 years for all of us.

Also water reporting in.
Greninja was a wonderful apology for that piece of shit Samurott.

But with Greninja being THAT good and THAT heavily marketed makes me fear that Popplio will be pretty damn shit because it's got one HELL of an act to follow.
>>
>>26333945
17 for me since I'm in the UK. Closer to 16 for some other parts of Europe.
>>
File: 1460265082239.jpg (42 KB, 387x335) Image search: [Google]
1460265082239.jpg
42 KB, 387x335
>>26333875
>Kalos was a conflicting mess of emotions for me. I adored the fuck outta Chespin, hated Quilladin, and actually like Chesnaught. But, I remembered that I picked grass last gen, and didn't like it, I eventually decided on Froakie, solely because I liked choosing the water starters. Don't get me wrong, Greninja is cool and all, but I didn't really connect with him like I did with The other four water starters I chose. Greninja was just "there" to have for Surf and Fire/Ground counters. I honestly wished I had picked Chespin over Froakie. It was mainly to do with /vp/ and their shitposting about Quilladin. Greninja did not make it past 70.

>Now we arrive here. I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks. I'm picking Litten. Rowlet is a close second, but I really like Littens design. There is no chance in hell I would ever pick Popplio. I don't care if Popplio turns out to be amazing, which I doubt, I do not want that shit on my team, even if it were only for 16 levels. Shit man, I wish they had kept making better water starters, but now I'm off picking my first fire starter. And that's not a bad thing. I think it will be fun, adventuring with the Pokemon that I like the most. And that's how I used to play Pokemon. Having a team full of my favorites, whether they were viable in-game, or not.

So yeah, I'm gonna have to say:

>Squirtle
>Totodile
>Mudkip
>Piplup
>Oshawott
>Chespin
>Litten
>>
I've been solely fire up until Gen 6, hope to get back to Fire
>>
File: 1463007642903.png (152 KB, 449x385) Image search: [Google]
1463007642903.png
152 KB, 449x385
>>26333903
I mean, it wasn't a bad game at all, don't get me wrong, I just feel like everything seemed off for some reason.

>Starters were off
>The overworld sprites and battle animations felt weird
>Although there were a few cool mons I liked, there were a lot of shitty mons I absolutely hated
>The legendaries were unappealing

I honestly didn't even like the region. I hated the giant main city with a passion. And don't get me started on the fucking Palpitoad line. That shit honestly made me almost drop the game right then and there.
>>
File: plasma.png (616 KB, 1412x824) Image search: [Google]
plasma.png
616 KB, 1412x824
>>26334200
>I hated the giant main city with a passion.

I loved Castelia, but I can understand the sentiment because Lumiose City is a shitshow for which I can hold no positive feelings
>>
I always pick fire first, even shitty little Tepig. I like cats so this gen works out perfectly for me.
>>
File: 1345000355297.jpg (61 KB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
1345000355297.jpg
61 KB, 310x310
>>26334277
My question to you: Should I give B2/W2 a try, or would it be a waste of time since I didn't really care for B/W?
>>
File: 1462602682024.png (316 KB, 487x675) Image search: [Google]
1462602682024.png
316 KB, 487x675
>>26334309
That's a tough call for me because as much as /vp/ sucks its dick I actually liked B2W2 less than BW. It just has a shitton of content and cute new areas.

It's got cool stuff like unique music for every gym though. And the Pokemon spread is huge so you don't have to use Gen5 Pokemon if you don't want to. I'd try it out if you're ever really desperate for a new Pokemon game to play.
>>
Water always on first playthroughs.
I don't like Popplio but I'm choosing it regardless, they could make the water starter a blue-colored turd and I'd still go with it for muh traditions. I didn't like Oshawott too much either in Gen V, but Samurott was cool enough to offset my dislike I guess. I'm sure Popplio's evolution should change my opinion on it.
>>
I've chosen water twice (puplup, oshawott) , grass three times (bulbasaur, chikorita, treecko) , and fire three times (cyndaquil, torchic, fennekin) though my order or preference is actually grass > water > fire
>>
I picked Fire, Fire, Water, Water, Grass, Grass, and the pattern will probs start over and I'll pick fire again.
>>
>>26332081
Always grass.
>>
>>26332117
It seems everyone loves or hates him. Am I the only one that thinks he looks fucking stupid, but really likes his theme/idea. I think the evolution can make it up for him.
>>
I picked the Water type first every time. Rowlet is going to break that.

Although I fancied picking the Water types, my favorites are Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Mudkip, Piplup, and Froakie. Gen 5 I can't choose because I care not for their designs or in-game usage.
>>
File: 11 Years later.png (529 KB, 579x517) Image search: [Google]
11 Years later.png
529 KB, 579x517
>>26332081
I always go water. Unless, its a remake or 3rd. version. And that's implying I haven't received them from other players.
>>
Had fire for the first three gens. Piplup was the combo breaker. Too effing cute.
>>
File: Starters throught the Years.png (25 KB, 497x220) Image search: [Google]
Starters throught the Years.png
25 KB, 497x220
>>26337015
>>
>>26332081
Bulbasaur, Totodile, Mudkip, Chimchar, Serperior, Chespin, MemeOwl
>>
My choices are all over the place.

Bulbasaur
Chikorita
Torchic
Piplup
Oshawott
Fennekin
And right now I'm leaning towards Litten for SM.
>>
File: Rowlet the Borb.png (568 KB, 900x1650) Image search: [Google]
Rowlet the Borb.png
568 KB, 900x1650
>>26332081
I've chosen Fire for every Gen since Gen II.

Depending on what they do with the new starters I'm gonna break that streak and go with Rowlet. I'm getting too many flashbacks to Fennekin from Litten and I'd rather not repeat that.
>>
Used to, until XY. Hated Greninja's design.
>>
>Charmander
>Cyndaquil
>Torchic and then subsequently Treecko
>Chimchar
>Snivy
>Froakie
mostly a fire guy I guess
at this point it's still a tossup between rowlet and litten, I'll have to wait for their evos to be revealed
>>
>>26332081
grass for life grassfam
>>
>>26332081

>bulbasaur
>totadile
>mudkip
>turtwig
>fuck this shit
>Fennekin
>Litten
>>
>>26332081
Water has consistently been my second favorite starter, always falling just behing either the grass or fire one.

SM ends this streak tho, since water is now my least favorite of the three
>>
>>26332081
I've picked Fire first every time except for Tepig.
>>
>>26332081
With the exception of Totodile all of my starters have been grass friends.
>>
File: starters.png (22 KB, 500x223) Image search: [Google]
starters.png
22 KB, 500x223
>>
File: mah niggas.png (732 KB, 576x603) Image search: [Google]
mah niggas.png
732 KB, 576x603
-Picked Squirtle in my first game but would pick Charmand nowadays
-Picked Cyndaquil in my first game but would pick Totodile nowadays
-Picked Treecko in my first game and this remains
-Picked Turtwig in my first game but I seem to switch between it and Chimchar
-Picked Snivy in my first game but this is by far my least favorite starter trio in general
-Picked Fennekin in my first game and its line is still my favorite. Fuck the haters.
-Currently torn between Rowlet and Litten.

I'm not autistic enough to go mono-type but I do seem to majorly favor Fire and Grass.
>>
>>26338674
>implying only picking one type is autism
>>
File: 2.png (22 KB, 500x223) Image search: [Google]
2.png
22 KB, 500x223
>>
>>26338815
>Thriving on consistancy and patterns isnt literally a symptom of autism
>>
>>26333511
>turning down Piplup for Turtwig
>>
>>26338674
Great taste, that trio are my favorite starters

1st Gen - Always picked Charmander and that wont ever change

2nd Gen - Liked Cyndaquil more before due to bias towards Fire types, then had a lot of interest in Chikorita but nowadays I love Totodile the most

3rd Gen - Started out liking Treecko the most, but after getting stuck on Slateport City due to not getting the quest line and resetting the save 20 times, Swampert was the one i first completed Sapphire with. Now I'm back on Sceptile. Blaziken is also amazing. Best starter line.

4th Gen - Dont really have a favorite here, usually i pick Chimchar due to lack of fire types in the region.

5th Gen - Started out with Snivy, now i like Oshawott more.

6th Gen - I've played with all starters and don't really favor any of them that much.
>>
Dragons, always my favorite, cool, strong and sexy beasts.
>>
>>26339482
Brah.

I kinda loathe Samurott though.
>>
>>26339743
Why? Because it looks old?

I dont really love it, its just the starter i dislike the least in gen 5 (or just gen 5 pokemon in general)
>>
>>26332081
I was using grass since gen2 when i started to play pokemon. But since chespin and rowlet is a thing i use FireStarters.
>>
>>26332081
I've had two grass, two fire, and two water
>>
File: Ches.png (190 KB, 600x689) Image search: [Google]
Ches.png
190 KB, 600x689
>>26332081
Grass starters since Gen 1.

I know, I know... but i love them.
>>
>>26332081

I picked water for three gens in a row (I skipped RSE when they came out, used Treecko in ORAS), but that was more due to design than loyalty to the type.

> Charmander
> Totodile
> Treecko
> Piplup
> Oshawott
> Fennekin
> Rowlet, probably
>>
Well i played through every game multiple times so i cant really claim to be pure.
>>
>>26339771
It becoming a quadrupad and not a fighting type just ruins the whole samurai theme for me.Every time I look at it, it just makes me think of all the things its not.
>>
>>26332081
I never chose by type i always look for appearance
>>
>>26338963
Keeping a tradition doesn't mean you're autistic.
>>
>>26340406
A tendency to want to do so IS however a trait of autism and so you COULD describe it as autistic.

Not like I'm even judging though.
>>
>>26332681
Why does everybody hate chikorita?
I've gone with the grass starter every gen since gen 1 and liked it, to include chikorita. That final form is challenged only by the smugleaf line in terms of how majestic it is. Every other starter's fully-evolved form in every gen tries to go for a more serious/badass look, it's nice to have something different
>>
>>26340564
I dont mind its design and dinosaurs are cool but I think most people dislike it because its like the shittiest starter stat/movepool wise.
>>
>>26340613
In the main game that doesn't mean shit so long as it's not sunkern levels of horrible. When I played 5th gen my smugleaf was level 50 before I let it evolve because I liked smugleaf that much, and I still did just fine
>>
>>26340637
The Chikorita line seems bland in comparison to the other starters. I don't mind the laidback look, but it looks under-designed.
>>
>>26340637
I guess its fine if you like grinding and/or dont care how long it takes to kill things. I've used both Serperior and Samurott and felt like they both lacked serious killing power, making battle drag out for way longer than they should.
>>
>>26332081
I mostly choose grass
Bulbasaur
Totodile
Torchic (Treecko when it first came out)
Turtwig
Snivy
Froakie
TBD I base my choices on final evolution. I will say though that this is the first time since RSE that all 3 starters look good in their base forms
>>
>>26334392
>trpainch is actually that fucking big

Holy shit.
>>
Always went with grass or fire type starters and that still remains consistant even now. I like water starters just fine but I never liked them as much as the fire or grass starters.
(Exception being Totodile, who I did use in one run of Silver if I remember right, but Chikorita was always my favourite starter.)
>>
>>26332081
I've always balanced out my choices. I have no idea how someone can enjoy using the same type every game.

>Charmander
>Cyndaquil
>Treecko
>Turtwig
>Oshawott
>Froakie
>Litten

I'm not even intentionally creating a pattern, these are just the ones I like the most each gen.
>>
I've picked all water except for Snivy in gen 5, but I think I'm picking Rowlett this time.
>>
>>26332081
>Charmander
>Cyndaquil
>Treeko
>Chimchar
>Snivy
>Chespin
>Rowlet

I've never chosen water type starters because of the abundance of water types in general. I like grass a lot in-game because of status and leech seed shenanigans. I also love Chimchar and I don't care how much hate firemonkey gets.
>>
>>26340637
It doesn't do good against any of the Johto gyms. It doesn't have that varied of a movepool either
>>
>>26332081
Grass master race reporting in
>>
>>26332081
grass all the way senpai.

Even stuck with Chikorita on replays.
>>
>>26340856
firemonkey is gr8, one of the top tier starters.
>>
>>26334122
>Shit man, I wish they had kept making better water starters

They have, you just developed shit taste syndrome
>>
Mostly Water with some Grass on the side.

The only Fire starters I've ever liked are Charmander and Cyndaquil. Everything after them is garbage for some reason or another.
>>
>>26332081
I always pick water first, then end up picking another starter. Seal really isn';t very impressive though and cat is 2cute so SM is the first time I'll break this pattern.

Final starters:
Bulbasaur
Cyndaquil
Mudkip
Chimchar
Snivy
Froakie
>>
>Bulbasaur
>Chikorita
>Treeko
>Turtwig
>Tepig
>Froakie
>Rowlet
Feels good finally being back to grass.
>>
>Gen I
Picked Charmander, was my first experience with Pokemon. Internal Battery miraculously is still going.
>Gen II
Never actually beat it on my silver cartridge, so I don't even remember. Chose Totodile for HG though.
>Gen III
Mudkip, although I love all three of them. Third Gen had the best starters.
>Gen IV
Piplup, although Torterra is cool as fuck
>Gen V
Oshawott, simply because he was cute
>Gen VI
Froakie, and chose Charmander again.
>Gen VII
Probably going to pick Rowlet. Love spheal too much to ever touch a different Seal, and I don't really like cats, especially the design of cat pokemon.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.