[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Cosmic type is confirmed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 14
Discuss
>gameplay affects
>weaknesses and advantages
Also
>MoonBat and SunLion are both part Cosmic type
>>
this is an even more retarded idea than sound type. what the fuck does 'cosmic' even mean? Like, something comes from space and it's suddenly cosmic type? what the fuck? that makes no sense. a moon rock is still just a rock. It isn't some special bullshit cosmic rock.
>>
>>26331484
>Fairy type exists
>Moonblast/Moonlight
>Clefairy are Fairy type

Cosmic is not going to happen.
Sound type is more likely and that is deviantart/fanfiction tier laughable on its own.
>>
>>26331526
>Implying Clefairy won't be retconned to be Cosmic/Fairy
>>
>>26331514
>this is an even more retarded idea than sound type. what the fuck does 'cosmic' even mean? Like, something comes from space and it's suddenly cosmic type?
Yes

>what the fuck? that makes no sense. a moon rock is still just a rock.
No, it's not.

>It isn't some special bullshit cosmic rock.
Yes it is.
>>
Solrock and Lunatone will be re-typed to include this typing and will of course be featured in the Aloladex. The Mauna Kea Observatories will also have an in-game equivalent.
>>
>>26331526
Fairy is more of a replacement for "light" type than cosmic
>>
What niche would Cosmic-type even fill? What would its strengths, weaknesses, etcetera be?
>>
>>26331571
For what purpose? Fairy already encompasses it.
>>
What's the point when Psychic exists?
>>
What do you think of this list?

•Cosmic type-

Strong against ???
Weak to Psychic and Ice
Resistant to Grass, Ground, Flying and Electric
Immune to Fire

•Pokémon changed to Cosmic type

Cleffa Fairy/Cosmic
Clefairy Fairy/Cosmic
Clefable Fairy/Cosmic

Starmie* Water/Cosmic

Natu* Cosmic/Flying
Xatu* Cosmic/Flying

Teddiursa Normal/Cosmic
Ursaring Normal/Cosmic

Lunatone Rock/Cosmic

Solrock Rock/Cosmic

Jirachi Steel/Cosmic

Deoxys Psychic/Cosmic

Palkia Cosmic/Dragon

Cresselia* Psychic/Cosmic

Darkrai*. Dark/Cosmic

Arceus (while holding cosmic plate)

Munna* Psychic/Cosmic
Musharna* Psychic/Cosmic

Sigilyph* Cosmic/Flying

Gothita Psychic/Cosmic
Gothorita Psychic/Cosmic
Gothitelle Psychic/Cosmic

Elgyem Cosmic
Beheeyem Cosmic

•Moves changed to Cosmic type

Cosmic power
Gravity
Wish
Comet punch
>>
File: 1461102451892.png (216 KB, 501x502) Image search: [Google]
1461102451892.png
216 KB, 501x502
>>26331681

>Resistant to Grass
>>
>>26331484
Should we just turn every random adjective into a type?

I want a Sexy type, Machoke will be retconed to Fighting/Sexy but it becomes just Fighting again upon evolution.
>>
>>26331693
What's the problem exactly? I came up with these on the spot so if you have a better idea id like to hear it please
>>
>>26331681
Grass and Electric don't need to be nerfed and neither does Ice's offenses.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1368x1488) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1368x1488
>>26331706
True

Machamp is a fucking manlet
>>
>>26331514
>what does cosmic mean?
Cosmic = of or relating to the universe or cosmos, especially as distinct from the earth.

>muh moon rock dilemma
It would just be a Cosmic/Rock type
>>
>>26331707

>What's the problem exactly?

Grass is already resisted by seven fucking types, what the hell do you have against it?
>>
>>26331707
>do better or no criticisms
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1334x750
>>26331743
I wasn't being sarcastic I actually want people's opinions you dense dumbshit
>>
>>26331740
I was just being logical about it. Ain't no grass in space.
>>
>>26331775

There are no bugs or dragons in space either.
>>
>>26331775
but the pokemon isn't in space. That's the problem with this dumbshit type.
>>
>>26331681
I feel like that Cosmic would be immune to Flying, because have you ever seen a bird fly in space?
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 350x195) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 350x195
>>26331809
>>
>>26331707
Grass doesn't need more types resisting it
>>
>>26331822
Cosmic =\= Space

>Cosmic = of or relating to the universe or cosmos, especially as distinct from the earth.
>>
I think cosmic has about 93.5% possiblity of becomig real and it will be weak to grass and strong against fairy
>>
>>26331601
>Because rocks from space are special
>Because rocks from different planets are special
>Because everything else is strange and different while earth is "normal"
So by your logic, if I'm from Mars, and a Geodude is sent to my planet via rocket, it's "Cosmic" type, because it came from space.
>>
You people are dumb as shit. Fairy IS cosmic type, with elements of light and magic because it's all the same fucking realm of supernatural forces.

It is literally not happening.
>>
>>26331627
No, they wouldn't. They wouldn't replace a type (unless it's Normal) with a new type. If it's dual-typed (and not part Normal), it'll stay as is.
>>
>>26331906
Fuck off seriously if you dont like it you shouldnt be posting on this thread. Dont put people down just because you dont agree with them
>>
>>26331906
>The objective universe is supernatural
>>
>>26331601
>contrarianism
>>
>>26331924

Just giving you a reality check. Feel free to keep circlejerking over your fanfic.
>>
>>26331906
>being this ignorant
Shouldnt you be @ /pol/ buddy?
>>
>>26331905
Yes. Is this really such a hard concept to understand?
>>
File: image.png (317 KB, 700x701) Image search: [Google]
image.png
317 KB, 700x701
>>26331906
>space isn't real
>>
>>26331906
I mean yes but like literally no

like it would make actual GameFreak(TM) sense to do it either way but I like the idea of shaking things up with 1+ more types more than I like the idea of making one thing mean two things, ya feel?
>>
>>26331970
Cosmicfag
>>
>>26331775
By that logic, it should be weak to grass. Said pokemon never came into contact with it, and as such could not build up a resistance or immunity to it.
>>
>>26331679
Aaaand there's way too many psychic types. And psychic kinda sucks anyway. Many of those Psychic legendares GF seems to love will be reclassified as
Cosmic. Screencap this.
>>
>>26331905
Pokémon typings is something that humans give to pokemon. That's why Fairy was undiscovered till XY. They are just a classification. Just like calling a bear a bear. Maybe to another species they call it something else
>>
File: image.png (51 KB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
image.png
51 KB, 220x165
Cosmic type
>>
no one said it was going to happen. OP just wanted to talk about a theoretical scenario not the chances you dumb fucks
>>
>>26331994
Maybe your just looking too deep into it. Fucking cosmicfag are literally autistic
>>
>>26331969
That is literally, with no hyperbole, the most retarded fucking thing I have heard it quite some time.
>>
Ok guys I'm back with updated Weaknesses/Resistances for Cosmic. If there's something you want changed let me know.

•Hurt normally by:

Dragon, Dark, Fighting, Poison, Ghost, Steel, Bug, Fairy, Water, Grass, Rock

•Resistant to:

Ground, Flying, Electric

•Weak to:

Psychic, Ice, Grass

•Strong against:

Fairy

•Immune to:

Fire

•Not very effective against:

Grass, Ice, Rock
>>
>>26332028
please tell me this isn't becoming a thing. this isn't the next roothoot autist fest until game launch, is it?
>>
>>26331994
>>26332028
looking too deeply into it or not, you can't deny it makes sense as an argument, I mean that's why the "new" part of 'new pokemon' hasn't had so much significance since GSC
>>
>>26332087
Man just fuck off you are seriously an autist for believing this shit
>>
>>26332026
And the theoretical reaction is nothing, because Cosmic type is never ever happening.
>>
>>26332087
Ignore the grass in the "hurt normally by" section that was my bad
>>
>>26332104
>believing=conceptualizing
you go anon, theorize your heart out
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 125x115) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 125x115
>>26332104
Leave the thread you fucking retard. It's just speculation.
>>
>>26332087
It kinda sounds like a typing
That only exists to buff the weaker types and hard nerf others. As its own type that's pretty garbage.
>>
>>26332146
What changes should I make to it?
>>
File: riolu.png (99 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
riolu.png
99 KB, 360x360
>>26331484
>wanting GF to introduce a new type every fucking generation

you typefags are the reason why GF is so lazy nowadays
>>
>>26332165
Add a ascii hat on top of your theory and we'll call it a day.
>>
>>26332028
>Make sensible argument
>"your looking too into it FAGGGg !!11"
ok
>>
If they wanted to introduce a second new type they would have done it when they announced Fairy. They should focus on balancing shitty types like Ice and Poison right now.
>>
>>26331514
Bummer for you then that both Cosmic AND Sound are new types for Gen VII!
>>
>>26332220
That
Legendary bat
Is definitely Cosmic/Sound type
>>
>>26331484
If we ever get a typing this stupid I won't touch the games until I can mod them to remove it.
>>
>>26332181
>implying I want Cosmic type
>Not reading the title of the thread
>>
>>26332269
Actually they're Fire/Sound and Cosmic/Flying.
>>
>>26331681
Cosmic should be weak to Bug
War of the Words aliens caught a bug, got sick and died. RIP in peace.
>>
Dumb as fuck, pokemon doesn't need ANOTHER type.
>>
>>26331681
I'd be okay if this happened but it's never going to.
>>
If we're just making it arbitrarily fit into the type chart I'd make it:
Immune to Fire
Weak to Dragon & (Dark, Psychic, Poison or Ghost)
Strong against Electric and (Ghost, Water, Poison, or Fairy)
Resisted by Ice and (Ground, Dark, Psychic or Ghost)

Personally I'd see it as:

Immune to fire (no oxygen in space),
Weak to Dragon (purely for type triad Fairy -> Dragon -> Cosmic -> Fairy) and Dark (black holes)
Strong against Electic (no conductors in space) and Fairy (Space vs Light and again, for the triad)
Resisted by Ice (Can handle the cold of space) and Ghost (Potentially having Ghost immune to Cosmic/unaffected by space)

I can take or leave the rest.
>>
>>26331994
I... don't think so. The names for the types are given by humans, but the types represent something intrinsic to the Pokemon.
>>
>>26331994
Pokemon typings aren't a human concept at all, hence the strengths and weaknesses of every type and the effects they have in battle.
>>
>>26333499
Explain how Clefairy got hit by Dragon moves and was weak to Fighting but then suddenly became immune to Dragon moves and resistant to Fighting.

Battle mechanics are separate from the logistics of how their world works.
>>
cosmic type
immune to fire and ground moves
resistant to flying,rock,steel,electricity,ice
vulnerable to psychic,fairy,dark,ghost,fighting
strong against electricity,fire,dark
weak against psychic,fairy,dark,ghost
force attack 80bp, ignores substitute and makes the user immune to phasing for one turn
entanglement, applies the status entangled to itself and the enemy pokemon, shares damage taken and healing applied
etc
>>
>>26333540
>Explain how Clefairy got hit by Dragon moves and was weak to Fighting but then suddenly became immune to Dragon moves and resistant to Fighting

Retcons. They've happened before with other plot elements.

>Battle mechanics are separate from the logistics of how their world works

Except they're literally not. NPCs have discussed type strengths/weaknesses dozens of times and oftentimes as just small-talk dialogue.

Even from a conceptual standpoint you'd have to be utterly autistic to assert that typings aren't real in the Pokemon world.
>>
Pic very related, I imagine Unown would also get Sound typing

As for me personally I think the introduction of Cosmic or Sound typings would be silly, but if it /did/ happen I wouldn't really care for or against. As long as it's more balanced than the Gen 6 Fairy clusterfuck, they can add/remove as many types as they want as far as I'm concerned
>>
light type (a glass cannon type, imagine old testament angels, heroes with magic swords etc ,essentially a hero type)
strong against fire grass water dark poison rock electricity ice
weak against ghost, fighting, steel
fairies are immune against it
resistant against nothing
vulnerable against ghost, fighting, steel, dragon, water
type gimmick, light type moves all use the special atk stat but deal contact or special damage based on the description as normal
>>
>>26332059
What type would you give to a pokemon from outer space?
>>
and finally noise type (primarily has bulky special wallbreakers and also uses stall mechanics, confuse has now been nerfed to a status, still removed if you leave the battlefield alike having natural cure.
strong against steel, water, ground, rock, ice(sorry)
weak against fire, water , grass , electricity,
cannot hit ghost type
immune to ghost type
no other type resistances
vulnerable to fighting, fire
>>
as for distributions, noise should be semirare with noivern, chatot and exploud gaining partial typing, an extra speaker rotom form thats electric/noise and finally a pure noise type eevee evolution.
light should be extremely rare, limited to a psuedo legendary and perhaps a flagship pokemon. think of it as the new psychic/dragon type from gen 1.
cosmic can be relatively common and you can convert deoxys, both lunatone, solrock etc without too much hassle
>>
>>26332009
SOUND type
>>
as for other type ideas, the only one i would be onboard with is a food type, make candy type. We have one pokemon that fits the bill and that is vanilluxe who could be ice/sweet type. It may sound dumb at first but makes these inevitable additions have some use in providing a utility type perhaps concerned with providing refreshments for the team.

i cant think of any others right now that need to be created for new additions based on food. I actually think cake type is a much more urgent issue than a light/cosmic type
>>
>>26333825
Wow, I'm no advocate for the Sound type but you're either doing some kind of satire or you made the Sound type more fucking retarded than people usually do
>vulnerable to fire
Why?
>not having some kind of type interaction with bugs and flying types, when bugs and birds are notorious for their sounds and use of vibrations to communicate
Why x2?
>>
>>26331514
>sound type
>retarded idea
>>
>>26333972
good point i'm being dumb. Perhaps take away the vulnerability to fire and make it super effective against bug and flying as well then while removing its effectiveness against steel
>>
buildings with reinforced steel in tokyo are resistant to earthquakes so having steel weak to sound dosent make that much sense,
>>
In my opinion the only fan made types that I think would work in an actual Pokemon game are Sound, Cosmic, and Digital/Cyber.
>>
>>26333540
>Battle mechanics are separate from the logistics of how their world works.

That's actually false, at least in regards to types. Sina from X and Y flat-out says that since Fairy type was recently discovered, Professor Sycamore sent her out to battle Fairy type Pokemon against other types in order to research their strengths and weaknesses.

So types are definitely something intrinsic to the Pokemon. The only thing that's probably man-made about them is their names.
>>
>>26331484
>>26331514
>>26331871

Should be renamed to "Celestial" type. Makes more sense that way.

I also believe Pokemon should introduce Cyber /Man-made type
>>
>>26333432
>>26333499
I was talking about the naming conventions for a type. Cosmic type is hard for people to understand on naming because people think Cosmic = Space which it doesn't at all.
>>
Why isn't the Psychic type good enough for this sort of thing, as it always has been?
>Jirachi/Deoxys
>Lunatone/Solrock
>Cosmic Power

What would a new type even add? This isn't like the Fairy situation where something was needed to take Dragon types down a peg.
>>
>>26331484
Is this the new epic meme to replace 6.5/7 "debates"?
>>
>>26334715
I forgot to mention, X/Y had a Psychic type gym that was entirely cosmic-themed. It would be especially ridiculous to go "oh, here's a new type!" right after that.

Like, I'm not saying I put it past them; I'm just asking what the point would even be this time.
>>
>>26331905
>So by your logic, if I'm from Mars, and a Geodude is sent to my planet via rocket, it's "Cosmic" type, because it came from space.
No you idiot, it came from Earth, VIA space.
Earth = normal
Not Earth = spooky weird cosmic alien shit
>>
>>26334732
>>26334732
All I said was that Cosmic type was real and to discuss it. Everyone thinks we're trying to debate if it should be real in the first place because no one can read
>>
>>26334738
It definitely would not be surprising. And no one would actually care
>>
Honestly, I feel that Psychic covers all of Cosmic's bases already, mainly thanks to the stereotype that aliens and other otherworldly things have telekentic powers and weird mind shit in general.

I don't know if I see them introducing a new type in this gen at all, really.
>>
>>26331526
Fairy is only moon. The rest of space is cosmic
>>
>>26334894
>>26334894
Just like how fairy retconned the countless normal types, Cosmic would break up all the psychic types and make it so many aren't just outclassed and purposeless.
>>
>>26335417
>but we don't need a new type
>>
>Implying we need more types when we already have a terrible balance of the existing ones

FIX ICE TYPE YOU FUCKS
>>
>>26335522
I literally never implied anything
>>
>>26335522
Ice is already fine as it is. They just need to stop making bulky ones and not let every fucking Water type learn Ice Beam. Grass and Bug deserve buffs far more.
>>
Isn't there some NPC that says something about all Pokemon being from outer space? I think that's the biggest problem with "Cosmic" type.
>>
>>26335618
>some NPC
>>
i'm in as long as it's weak against bug-type attacks
>>
>>26331484
Confirmed where? I guess Deoxys would be Cosmic/Psychic
>>
>>26331916
I'm not a Cosmicfag, but this type of logic is the same that got BTFO by Fairy.

People everywhere were saying: Gamefreak would never CHANGE a Pokémon type. only add! Muh Magnemite! They never changed a Pokémon's type before.

>Lots of Pokémon CHANGED to Fairy type

Now the pattern is "they only changed Pokémon that were Normal! othe types can't change ever"

Not saying Cosmic will happen, but if it were to happen, it wouldn't follow any of your retarded imaginary rules, GF does whatever the fuck they want
>>
Fairy will never be a type it's stupid there is already psychic and normal to make up for it. What pokemon would even be fairy?

What is it going to do that the other types don't?
>>
>>26331677
No it doesn't. Come back when Deoxys/Elgyeem/Hoopa/etc. are all Fairy.
>>
>>26331775
>""""""""""""""""logical""""""""""""""""
>>
>>26332370
I like your idea, but I feel it could also be weak to poison, since germs, illnesses and all that stuff.
>>
>>26336911
It's not confirmed. OP wants us to discuss it as IF it was confirmed.
>>
Deoxys - Probably pure cosmic
Jirachi - Cosmic Steel
Beeheeyem - Pure Cosmic
Lunatone/Solrock - Rock/Cosmic
Clefable - Fairy/Cosmic depending on gamefreaks canon

all I can think of currently.
>>
>>26331484
The thing I feared the most when Fairy type was introduced in Gen 6 is that for Gen 7 shitposting retards woudl think from now on, Gamefreak would go on a new-type extravaganza each and every gen from now on.

Guess I was right on mark
>>
>>26331681
why do you have to make grass even shittier
>>
>>26331514
Exploud is one of my favs. Would love for him to have a new type. What else would fit sound, Jigglypuff of course.
>>
>>26332096
>you can't deny it makes sense as an argument

You're right. It does make sense. It's retarded. That makes sense. It's the Downs Syndrome of arguments, I can understand that.
>>
Hoe 'bout this?

>Super Effective against
Normal - radiation kills humans and animals
Electric - many cosmic phenomenons have influence on electrical circuits and can short them. Also, Electric needs another damn weakness.
Fighting - Same as Normal
Cosmic - The universe is chaotic; everything created will eventually die by the hand of something else. Also; black holes.

>Not Very Effective against
Water - Water is an excellent radiation shield and is used for that in nuclear power plants all over the world.
Grass - Plants can survive and adapt to radiation contaminated areas.
Ground - Radiation and other cosmic phenomena cannot penetrate the Earth's crust, making underground bases the safest place on Earth in case we're hit by a cosmic wave of shit.
Psychic - In-game, the Psychic type draws power from space, so obviously Psychic would be resistant to Cosmic type moves.
Rock - Same as Ground.
Steel - Same as Water, but with lead and other hard metals instead.

>No Effect against
Bug - Cockroaches and some other insects are immune to radiation. Should probably just be "Not Very Effective", but Bug REALLY needs a boost.

>Weak to
Bug - Converse effectiveness to give Bug a boost. Also, if you're from space visiting Earth, bugs would totally creep you the fuck out.
Cosmic - Same as under "Super Effective against".
Poison - I kinda ran out of ideas here, but thought it would need at least 3 weaknesses to be balanced. So, uh, Poison I guess? Because Earth germs.

>Resistant to
Fire - The cosmic encompasses both heat (stars) and cold (void), and so a Cosmic type would be resistant to both.
Ice - Same as Fire.
Psychic - Same as under "Not Very Effective against".
If a Sound type is ever introduced, then this too. Sound doesn't travel through vacuum.
>>
>>26331484
as much as i like cosmic shit and aesthetics i'd rather have gem-type and a bunch of pokemon designed after the magical properties of crystals and gems.

so for example it would be weak to psychic because psychics aren't mystified by their powers and use them everyday.
>>
I can think of about just as many Cosmic type Pokémon as Fairy type re-typed in XY (which was 22):

Clefairy
Clefable
Cleffa
Natu
Xatu
Unown
Lunatone
Solrock
Jirachi
Deoxys
PorygonZ
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Cresselia
Sigilyph
Elgyeem
Beheeyem
Hoopa
Solgaleo
Lunaala
(Marshadow)

Maybe even Mega Rayquaza. But that would need GF to change Delta Stream's effect.
>>
>>26337147
>so for example it would be weak to psychic because psychics aren't mystified by their powers and use them everyday.
That wouldn't make Gem weak to Psychic, it would just make Psychic resistant to Gem.
>>
how bout nigga type where da fucc dis at
>>
>>26337165
i can dig it. the shitposters are right unfortunately, gem will probably never be a thing so i haven't given it much thought.
>>
Please buy Cosmic Explorer on iTunes.
>>
>>26337147
>i'd rather have gem-type
Couldn't that just be the 'special' half of Rock, which currently is basically Diancie/Power Gem/Diamond Storm and nothing else.
>>
>>26338218
It just feels odd that moves like Power Gem and Diamond Storm are super effective against Bug, Fire and Flying, and that gem-like Pokémon like Diancie and Carbink are weak to Water and Grass.
>>
>>26331916

>what is magnemite
>>
>>26331809
Like you been there!
>>
>>26331484
Stupid.
Let's discuss Candy type instead. Retconned: Miltank, Vanillite, Slurpuff
>>
>>26338406
Forgot about Teddiursa
>>
>>26331916
>M-muh patterns!
>Muh imaginary rules that gamefreak HAS to follow!!
>>
Cosmic Type: Not a type that is naturally given to any pokemon, rather it's a type applied to the pokemon after using the Cosmic Mind move. Cosmic Type allows you to use any type move super effectively for x amount of turns. It can only be tutored to certain pokemon, and you need max friendship with that pokemon before the NPC will let you learn it
>>
>>26331916
That was only because Normal was the closest thing to Fairy before Gen 6. It's the same shit with Cosmic, only Psychic is the placeholder in this case instead. All Pokémon that would become Cosmic typed would stem from the Psychic type, with just a small handful of Normal and Dragon types thrown into the bunch.
>>
>>26338495
Holy shit, now someone is talking sense. I like the idea.
>>
>>26338495
That's pretty OP, and pretty shit too.
>>
>>26331484
Okay

>Weak against:
Logic, usefulness

>Strong against
My retcon fantaisies, needing to fit on the type table

It would only apply to legendaries (mostly gen IV) and a couple of mons like Clefairy and Elgyem.
>>
>>26337156
This is PS-Vita-fanboy tiers of bloated.
>>
>>26337100
get over it
>>
>>26331484
Wait, when was this confirmed?
>>
File: 1463046816000.png (262 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1463046816000.png
262 KB, 600x900
>>26331681
I'm willing to roll with Psychic, since "smart people don't believe in UFOs", but why the hell would cosmic be weak to Ice of all things?
They come from SPACE. Space isn't exactly lukewarm.
Bug (à la War of the Worlds) or Water (à la Signs) would fit better.

Why resist grass? It doesn't really makes sense to me until I put it side by side with Ground, making it a new Flying type.
Except it also resists Electric which was it weakness, because, well, fuck you, and the original Flying type, which I could actually get behind if we're going for a weightlessness thing.
Considering strictly the meta, Grass doesn't need the nerf. And we don't need another flying type.
If you want more resistances, I guess Poison or Normal would make more sense.

Also "immune to fire" when most horror movies and vidya featuring aliens end up with "kill it with fire" as the best solution?
I don't think so.
Switch that for ice.
>>
>>26331484
LoL, nothing is confirmed. I think, many of you don´t know, what "confirmed" really means...
>>
>>26338786
Learn to read: >>26337050
>>
>>26339308
>Being this oblivious
>>
>>26332220
>>26332269
I'd rather have 'light' typing. So Solgao can be Light while moonbat can be Dark
>>
>>26339368
Fuck off, Dark has nothing to do with darkness you moron. It's literally called the Evil type in Japan. Fighting is already the opposite of that, so a Light type would not be introduced to counter the Dark type or any specific Dark type Pokémon.
>>
Where the fug were these types confirmed at? Also,

>sound pokemon
>only one line of pokemon dedicated to music

Dropped, we need more music-mon for sound pokemon to be a thing.
>>
>>26339368
Good thing you don't get to pick, then.

Gamefreak decided we needed two more types: Sound and Cosmic.
>>
>>26331484
A lot of space-related pokemon and moves are already Psychic-type, and that Fairy-type associates itself with the moon. It's dumb as fuck for them to make an irrelevant type for no good reason.
>>
>>26339368
Ah, people who think Dark-type literally means darkness when it's not.
>>
>>26339430
Are you joking? Sound =/= just music.

Whismer line, Chimecho line, Chatot, Kicketot line, Meloetta are just some of the Pokemon getting retyped.
>>
>>26339430
Bitch there's more Pokémon that fits Sound than there were Pokémon that got re-typed into Fairy. I can count at least 32 Pokémon that would fit the Sound type.
>>
File: 1460895435161.jpg (34 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1460895435161.jpg
34 KB, 500x374
>>26339525
Cosmic and Sound are just as unlikely, but then again people need to realize Fairy came out of nowhere too.

So let's not pointlessly fight over something we have no way to predict.
>>
>>26339430
We don't need sound-type. It's fine being associated with normal, and that other sound-based moves are also in other types.
>>
>>26339529
How can you be this fucking stupid? Cosmic would be introduced to RE-TYPE those things, not leave them alone and become redundant. The entire POINT of introducing a Cosmic type would be to FIX these things.
>>
>>26339572
We didn't need Fairy either, that, too, was just fine being part of Normal.
>>
>>26337147
I imagine a Gem type would be a counterpart to Steel. Both would have excellent resistances, Steel having mostly physical resistances and Gem mostly special resistances. Together with Ground and Rock we would go full-circle with everything Earth has to offer below-ground.
>>
>>26339579
Fix what? That a bunch of pokemon are associated with space and don't have their own special type with its own special type effectiveness that adds nothing to the gameplay?

Fairy literally only exists so Dragon has another weakness and Steel and Poison can have more to be strong against.
>>
>>26331484
oh wow, this thread again. Different day, same autism.
>>
>>26331724
lol will they ever learn?
>>
>>26339404
Yeah your common-knowledge recap is unwarranted.

>>26339525
Music type is already confirmed.

>>26339543
Projecting
Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.