[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /vp/, when are we getting perfect emulation of a 3ds on our
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2016-05-15-02-20-46.png (879 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-15-02-20-46.png
879 KB, 2560x1440
So /vp/, when are we getting perfect emulation of a 3ds on our android master race?
i honestly can't be arsed carry a clunky plastic console with me at this day in age.
Seeing how well White 2 runs on my phone, I have high hopes for the future
>>
in 8 years
>>
>>26331193
it will be a while, maybe 2024 at the earliest
>>
>>26331193
How shit is your life that you emulate pokemon games on your phone and enjoy it?
>>
>>26331193
consider 3DS emulation probably won't even be working well on PC until a year or two from now
Probably half a decade at best, a full decade at worst
>>
>>26331193
>i honestly can't be arsed carry a clunky plastic console with me

You probably said the same about cellphones before they were steamlined. Fucking casual.

Also

>Seeing how well White 2 runs on my phone, I have high hopes

>game designed for 2004 hardware play adequetley
>surely games running on 2011/2013 hardware will also play well
>>
>>26331225
He already said he can't be bothered to carry a console, it's pretty clear he's put off by certain small things while ignorant to other small things, like a lack of buttons or inconsistent speed.
>>
>>26331213
What makes you say that? Isn't citrus comming along well? Shouldn't be too hard to just port the source code over to an android? Maybe we'll have to use more powerfull devices but still
>>
>>26331230
This.

I remember when the iPod touch was new and exciting, and the first GBA emulator was released. I told myself "surely, any day now, we'll get a DS emulator to use the touch screen and wireless functions!"

I was waiting a long fucking time. Still am, in fact.
>>
>>26331243
Honestly i play pokemon for the unique adveture each time i start a new game, not for the buttons and cartridges
>>
>>26331258
Apple is a lost cause, the sooner you abandon it, the easier it will be
>>
>>26331225
DS emulators work perfectly, the OP has a shitty set up of controllers and screen but it works just fine and I play RPG's often on Drastic

>>26331243
I can run DS games in hi res and they run as shit/good as the original hardware

also
>pokemon
>needing buttons
>>
>>26331302
Just buy a damn 3DS. Are you that poor? And you have a phone, so you can't be poor unless of course you're underaged.
>>
>>26331322
Why carry a piece of virginity protection with you everywhere you go? Can't i just show off my high end mobile device?
>>
>touch screen buttons
>touch screens for gaming period

might as well kill yourself
>>
>>26331322
Or maybe he doesn't have any money left after buying the phone
>>
>>26331342
I don't carry my 3DS everywhere I go. I play it when i'm home. Unless you have no free time at all, i'm not sure why buying a 3DS automatically means you have to carry it wherever you go.
>>
>>26331348
I have a 3ds, i beat x and or on it, but im gonna remeber to charge another device and put in my bag everyday, especially since i only play on random urges
>>
>>26331283
>reminiscing about 2007
>acting like that still holds weight today

I am a macfag mind you, and I've been cozy here for nearly a decade. Really rustled about the removal of magsafe though, so I don't know what my next machine will be

>>26331302
Yeah, you totally don't need buttons meng, you can just feel the mound of oil that build up on your screen.

>he thinks I'm talking about reflexive movements and not consistent controls

And for the record, they aren't running 'perfectly'. You just don't recognize the minute changes in how it runs. Do they play fine for most people? Sure. But your argument is they run as good as intended, which is not the case.
>>
>>26331193
5 years minimum. It's not that our phones don't have the necessary hardware, it's that no one is going to bother with a smartphone emulator until a working one gets developed for PC and Citra devs made it clear running commercial roms isn't a priority. You're better off buying a 2DS, taking out the guts and placing them in a custom tablet-like body if the design's what's bothering you.
>>
>>26331384
That might actually be a good idea
>>
>>26331370
Buy a power bank and a USB cable for your console, can nab both for about $50.
>>
>>26331193
On android? It's gonna take a while. The DS library should hold you over, though. If you havent played some GBA's play those too. Youre gonna be waiting a long time.
>>
>>26331398
>>26331384
If you end up doing this, at least wait till the 20th.

The 2DS price drops in just six days, on the 20th. from $120 to $80.
>>
>>26331418
Didn't know, thanks, sounds like a fun sideproject
>>
>>26331342
If you are playing pokemon after 18 it doesn't matter what you play it on, your virginity status will be unaffected.
>>
>android master race
Fuck off to >>>/v/
>>
>>26331452
No worries. Based on Nintendo's recent promotion, all 2DS consoles come with a Mario Kart 7 code, so you might even be able to flip that and save some more money in the long run.
>>
>>26331465
Noone cares what you play if you play it on your phone, its probably clash of 4 viking kingdoms anyway
>>
File: hqdefault-3.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-3.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>26331369
>plays pocket monsters
>doesn't carry monsters around in his pocket
>>
File: Wikipedia_gameboy_micro.jpg (116 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Wikipedia_gameboy_micro.jpg
116 KB, 1200x800
>>26331520
Exactly. I hope nintendo makes a 3DS micro. I'm tired of these XXXXXL 3DSs.
>>
>>26331649
I feel you, I've been waiting for a Micro DS ever since the lite was released. The whole "Americans only want XL" thing infuriated me to no end, but I still bought the thing. Come to think of it, I also started wearing a bag then, mainly to carry the n3DS XL. Now it's more of a goody bag with shit like Sakurai stands and game carts, but I don't think that was something I set out to do.

I just can't leave the fucking things at home.

But when the man purse and DS aren't kosher I'll still pocket the Micro, because it has suck a small build and it was intentionally designed to appeal to people concerned about 'looking kiddie'. They wanted to make a fashionable system, what with the metal frame and lower case buttons, and it's still fucking sexy.

Plus, faceplates a decade before n3DS made them popular. That shit let me down so hard.
>>
>>26331891
Would a smaller screen with the same resolution as the regular 3DS provide a cleaner image?
>>
>>26331649
>I'm tired of these XXXXXL 3DSs.

>I'm tired of being able to see whats going on.

ftfy
>>
>>26331957
The resolution is the same, so the amount of detail wouldn't change, it wouldn't look "cleaner". However reducing the screen size means the DPI would increase meaning the image would look less pixelated and better overall.
>>
>>26331891
The smallest 3DS is the original which is crazy. Imagine someone told you the smallest DS was the original. I love the micro. It's smaller than my phone.

>>26332003
If you want to play home console games on your 3DS then you want the biggest screen you can carry. I just want to play pokemon. All I need is my cellphone with buttons. It's not like pokemon requires a big screen. Not to mention games on cellphones look great. Only problem is the controls.
>>
>>26331347
Say, what system is pokemon on?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.