[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is there only one city in this ENTIRE thing???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: pokemon-sun-and-moon-alola.jpg (45 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-sun-and-moon-alola.jpg
45 KB, 600x336
Why is there only one city in this ENTIRE thing???
>>
>>26331152
Its obviously not the entire region.
>>
>>26331248
You have no proof.
>>
>>26331256
Neither do you brohana.
>>
>>26331256
>region is based off Hawaii
>Hawaii is made up of several islands
>lol no proof
>>
File: well memed.png (513 KB, 534x652) Image search: [Google]
well memed.png
513 KB, 534x652
>>26331152

Please euthanize yourself.

>>26331256

I've got some proof right here. It's called not suffering from brain damage, you inbred retard.
>>
More shitposting. Just sage and hide the threads, hopefully this meme will die out.
>>
>>26331152
so is this the new owlposting?
>"This is clearly the entire region!"
>more islands are shown
>"We clearly meant this was simply part of the region! you denialfags were trying to say it wasn't a part of the region!"
>>
>>26331256
his proof is the real life state known as Hawaii
>>
>>26331295
this will actually happen, just you wait
>>
>>26331152
>First gym at the end of the road leading out of the city
>Second gym in the harbor
>Third gym in the hotel
>Fourth gym in the cottage south of the pokemon lab
>Fifth gym in the volcano
>Sixth gym in the cave on the north side of the island
>Seventh gym on top of the cave
>Eighth gym on the southern island on the right
>After completing every gym your team should be roughly level 30, your starter fully evolves at level 25, and there are only 20 new pokemon.
>There is no elite four, you are instantly crowned the champion when you get eight badges and the postgame consists of fighting and capturing a shiny Lucario in the middle of the three rocks north of the crescent island, you are forced to capture Lucario and you pick up a masterball when the fight begins, the Lucario comes with a mega stone.
>>
>>26331397
You forgot the part where our teams are replaced with 6 M-Rayquazas
>>
>>26331295
New 6.5posting too.
>"You only start the game in Alola and travel to Kalos for the gym and elite four challenge!!"
>>
can't we just all ignore the shitposters who keep making this thread? It has become a meme now. stop taking the b8
>>
>>26331295
I wish this meme would die... Why can people not understand? It's like Hawaiifags. All Hawaiifags are gen 7fags, but not all gen 7fags are Hawaiifags. Literally same thing. Roothootfags are owlfags, but not all owlfags are roothootfags. The majority weren't. It's the same thing going on with popplio, yfw, all the poppliofags are roothootfags. They're literally hated be even the REAL owlfags.
>>
File: b2VGFBJ.png (426 KB, 509x477) Image search: [Google]
b2VGFBJ.png
426 KB, 509x477
The real question is why is the city so small when it's based on the largest one in Hawaii.

Pokemon regions have generally been consistent about IRL big cities corresponding to big in-game ones.

Saffron is Tokyo.
Goldenrod is Osaka.
Jubilife is Sapporo.
Castelia is lower Manhattan.
Lumiose is Paris.
Etc.

I bet it's because of Pearl Harbor. The easiest way to exclude it yet avoid controversy is to underuse the entire area.
>>
>>26332195
I'll give you a hint. See if you can guess which number is the population of Honolulu (these are all strictly metro, not extended to commuters and so forth):

>13,506,607
>337,256
>2,668,586
>1,918,096
>1,644,518
>2,240,621

That said, the actual areas and densities tend to vary, placing Honolulu on more even ground. Still, as a major city, Honolulu is both fairly small and fairly lacking in people. No particular reason the couldn't have beefed it up for a Pokemon region, but they may be going for a less developed, more rural island map. We still haven't see what the rest of the region will look like either.
>>
>>26332574
For instance, Manhattan is just under half the size of Honolulu, but about a hundred times as dense. Tokyo is over 100 times the size of Honolulu, but the density is only about 3 times as large.
>>
>>26331267
>region is based off Hawaii
Is there any official confirmation about this? Just because is a tropical-ish region doesn't necessarily have to be based off Hawaii.
>>
that is the whole region in the base game

every other island will be 8.99 and come out once every three months
>>
>>26333108
>>26333108
you are a fucking idiot please kill yourself
>>
File: 1463257109622.jpg (35 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1463257109622.jpg
35 KB, 500x373
>>26333108
>lol no official confirmation
>Alola is literally one letter off from Aloha
>>
8 gyms was too hard for smartphone kids so now there's only 1 gym.
>>
I hope they have trumpets in this game.
>>
>>26331397

I wouldn't even be surprised if this were true.
>>
>>26333108
>Alola region
>tikis
>old professor guy has Hawaiian shirt on
>not Hawaii
>>
>>26332574

Going by that logic no town in Alola is going to be bigger than this, because while relatively small Honolulu is still the largest city in Hawaii.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if they disregard real life demographics and make the biggest island the most populated.
>>
>>26333108
The Japanese trailer takes place in Hawaii. The professor is named after Hawaii's state tree.
>>
>>26335473
It's not like towns in Pokemon have ever been particularly large, even for JRPGs. They've been getting bigger, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 353x580) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 353x580
>>26331152
TAKE THE FERRY TO THE OTHER ISLANDS GOD FCK DAMNIT
>>
>>26331152
will this meme ever stop?
>>
>>26331152
>>26331248
>>26331267

Google'd it and see that Hawaii's made up of 8 islands and an overlooked island so i guess each gym is on an island and the E4 is on the last one?

The port in the bottom left is proof enough that we're not seeing the entire map
>>
>>26331152
>thinking an archipelago is a single island
>expecting small islands in the middle of nowhere having big cities when said islands need to import almost everything to remain civilized and comfortable because they clearly aren't the same as japan or the uk
>expecting it to have big cities without an elongated map that mostly extends itself in length with the the seaside
>expecting pic related island to have 8 cities and more
>not expecting a harbour with a ship that works as transport and links the main island with the others and several limited parts of at least 2 other regions
>not expecting the postgame ship taking you to the hoenn's battle resort with the battle frontier brains
>not expecting it to bring you to at least southern kalos
>not dreaming of it taking you to olivine city, vermilion city, canalave city and (if recognized as official game) castelia city in the postgame too

Kill yourself.
>>
>>26337278
Hey would you look at that
>>
>>26331295
This is how owlfag/6.5fag logic actually works.
>>
>>26331152
>>26331256

http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Moon-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B01C93CWSI
>catch, battle, and trade all-new Pokemon on the tropical islands of a new Region
>ISLANDS
>>
>>26337484
>(if recognized as official game) castelia city
Are you implying that Black and White were fanmade or non-canon or something?
>>
Threadly reminder that the trailer shows the legendaries in front of some giant flat pillar that is nowhere to be seen on the map.
>>
>>26331152
holy cow I've been saying this for days now, is going to be 8 island each with a gym, a city, a landmark and a dungeon. no surf between islands. screencap this post so you can make a shrine to me later in November you fucking faggots
>>
File: Mapa Hawaii.png (652 KB, 1300x836) Image search: [Google]
Mapa Hawaii.png
652 KB, 1300x836
Alola region
>>
trailer Oahu
>>
>>26333108
>Is there any official confirmation about this
yes the trailer
>>
>>26331152
Stop this meme
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.