[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Fairy and Dragon got their own type >Rock and Ground still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 41LLRv5j2LL._SY355_.jpg (16 KB, 260x355) Image search: [Google]
41LLRv5j2LL._SY355_.jpg
16 KB, 260x355
>Fairy and Dragon got their own type
>Rock and Ground still Figthing type
Fucking why?
>>
File: psy.jpg (234 KB, 385x538) Image search: [Google]
psy.jpg
234 KB, 385x538
>psychic
>ghost
>poison
>for that matter poison was moved from grass to psychic instead of getting its own energy type

Some day, OP, all the types will split, and we will rejoice. Some day.
>>
Should flying be its own type?
>>
>>26329579
Why was Poison moved there? Poison makes so much more sense with Grass and Bug considering those are the 2 types it's typically paired with. Is it seriously just because purple?
>>
>>26330533
Colors, Anon. In the games, purple is strongly associated withPoison, so there it went. Also helps that many Psychic types have a Psychic weakness (since Ghosts are Psychic in the TCG), so the trend can continue with TCG Psychic Poison types.
>>
>>26330533
>Garbodor
>Grass type

No.
>>
>>26329479
First, no shit Fairy would get its own type. It was specifically created to balance Dragons.

Second, Dragons didn't get their own type until BW. They were Colorless until then, and since they were weak to other Dragons, you had powerful Pokemon like Garchomp weak to shit like Snorlax and Pidgeot.

Third, Dragons still don't even have a Basic Energy.
>>
>>26329479
More types does not make the game better.

Fairy was introduced to appeal for young girls. Not that it's a girl type, but it has no gameplay value, it is just "the pink type". And, since its introduction, Dragon pokemon (which actually were a nice addition for not having propper energies) changed their weaknesses and their type lost its meaning.

Darkness and Metal where also on the "new type sells" wagon, but at least they had their own gimmick. Until they, too, became common types.

This game became a mess after Skyridge. I wish it was more like MTG, they saw that pulling a new type would bring nothing good and just gave up on that.
>>
>>26330914
Though it also means that psychic pokemon are now weak agains attacks of posion pokemon.

It's also weird to see rock pokemon being weak agains't bug pokemon since the later has to be grass.
>>
>>26331086
>>26331086
>you had powerful Pokemon like Garchomp weak to shit like Snorlax and Pidgeot.
Literally nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>26331444
>This game became a mess after Skyridge.
It barely changed, specially compared to mtg.
>>
They should've just made an earth type and put rock and ground there.
>>
File: azq (11).jpg (101 KB, 400x550) Image search: [Google]
azq (11).jpg
101 KB, 400x550
>>26330510

I would think that, but they are usually under Normal type.
>>
>>26329479
>>26329579
I enjoy being able to use the same energy card for multiple types.
>>
>>26333363

Latias is a Dragon/Psychic type.
>>
>>26333384

I do like the simplicity the TCG has compared to the game. You have a few less types to have to worry about
>>
File: ddood (38).jpg (75 KB, 402x553) Image search: [Google]
ddood (38).jpg
75 KB, 402x553
>>26333458
>>
>>26333474
>simplicity the TCG has
Night march to win.
>>
>>26333474
The video game is complex enough to make all the 18 seem unique, but not the TCG.

It could be a lot simpler (like they were originally meant to be). There is no sense in having 11 types if they don't have enough distinct qualities for each.
>>
>>26333474
>extremely over-inflated numbers like on most amateur fan cards, with an evil/edgy version of a legendary to boot
>it's a real fucking card
I will never not love this dumb promo.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.