[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So people have been saying that due to the way Pokemon were modelled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1454443152097.jpg (16 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1454443152097.jpg
16 KB, 240x232
So people have been saying that due to the way Pokemon were modelled in XY, Gamefreak can be lazy and won't have to remake the models from scratch for a long time. Can anyone explain to a /dumb/ person how this works?
>>
>>26329322
They simply reuse the same models.
In fact, the models in the data have such a high resolution, they could probably keep using them for another handheld or two.
>>
From what I understand, the models are way more detailed and animated than 3ds as it is can handle normally which is why there's slowdown during battle sometimes, which they did so the next console they make Pokemon on will already have higher quality models
>>
File: let me tell you a thing.gif (49 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
let me tell you a thing.gif
49 KB, 100x100
If the new game works on the same engine, than the can port over the old models and either keep them the same or improve them by retexturing/reanimating them. This saves them a lot of work because they don't have to model 700+ pokemons
>>
>>26329322
The poly counts are absurdly high. Like, compare an XY model to a Battle Revolution model of the same Pokemon, and the XY model is more complicated. They future-proofed them, basically. This is also why the battle framerates are inconsistent as shit.
>>
>>26329322
The models have really high polycount, and so they have really well made structures. Engine upgrade are significantly less drastic now ideas, and usually have more to do with base level operations (how the engine processes data), so they can take existing models, pull of textures and plaster new better textures ones the games are on better hardware.
>>
>>26329322
XY had to start from scratch to make all them, which means they devoted a lot of time and man power to making them when they could have spent that time on other aspects of the games.

Instead of making 721 new, complicated models, for Sun and Moon they only have to make however many new pokemon there are (50-150) and this will free up time in development to work on other parts of the game, which makes people think Sun and Moon will feel more complete and polished than XY because they dont have to spend so long on modeling.
>>
>>26330505

Not OP, but why didn't ORAS have this level of detail, then? Was it in production right alongside XY?
>>
>>26330783
It had the same models. They were just introduced in XY.
>>
>>26330783
I'm not sure but I think it's fair to assume it was in production with XY. It only came out a year later. It's easy to cash in with remakes with copy and paste. ORAS had a bit more to it than XY too, imo, what with the Delta episode and soaring, etc. (I still preferred XY honestly)
>>
Very related question: would S&M run better if I use a new 3ds instead of a regular one?
That might be a selling point to upgrade.
>>
>>26331119
It might, but XYORAS weren't optimised for the N3DS

Wait till after launch and ask people whether it runs better on the N3DS then
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.