[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What caused edgy Red?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Redgy.jpg (474 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Redgy.jpg
474 KB, 1920x1080
Why does Red get this treatment? And it's only Red. Fanart of other protags have them happy and smiley. Red though is always drawn by fans as some dark haired mysterious badass. Why?
>>
"..."
>>
>>26327624
Because the red fanbase happens to see him as way more "badass" than he actually is, so they draw him super edgy because that's how they picture him in their headcanon. Other protags get by without this happening because they didn't suffer the fate of being first.
>>
>>26327624
Every OP deserves a (You), no matter how idiot he is.
>>
File: 1462926801141.png (961 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1462926801141.png
961 KB, 1000x1000
>>26327624
anime stereotype. edge 2cool2benormal.
i dont think they did it for anyone. they did it out of nostalgia since they grew up with that stereotype at gamefreak.

prove me wrong.

for me, i cant even watch anime anymore because of how stale the personality meta is in anime.
>>
File: 1462954443609.jpg (176 KB, 664x1203) Image search: [Google]
1462954443609.jpg
176 KB, 664x1203
>>26327624
You seem to have once again confused brooding with edgy. Brooding isn't good either, but they are not the same thing. If he were twirling a knife and smirking while he had heterochromia from being half demon, it would be edgy. Him being a NEET living in the mountains and not making eye contact or talking isn't edgy.
>>
>>26327624
He was the first
He was the original silent protagonist
He built his edge from the rivalry with Blue
And like the hardcore fuck that he was, he decided that shit was too easy so he took his bros and decided to live on a cold, harsh as fuck mountain in isolation just waiting for a challenger worthy of him.

That's why Red is given the edgy treatment.
>>
>>26327624
Probably because he's the original silent protagonist with this series, plus even when you battle him you realize just how mysterious he seems. He never says a thing whenever you meet him, and when you beat him he just vanishes leaving you standing in complete silence on Mt. Silver.
>>
>>26327652
>no matter how idiot he is.
it's like you've never seen this at least 3 times
>>
Because he lives in a goddamn mountain that the rest of the region is scared of, a cave that was pitch dark with the strongest wild pokemon in the region, and exercises in a goddamn blizzard. Only hardcore badasses do this anon

Doesn't top Ethan/May though, they rode a fucking Dragon into space and flew straight through a goddamn meteor to take out an alien.
>>
It's because he doesn't talk and was never in the anime. At least the female protags are in the anime and their personalities bleed into both male and female protags of every other gen. We have something to base the others on whereas all we have is "..." for Red from Mt. Silver and getting pissy at the copycat girl for doing her thing.
>>
>>26327728
>Ethan
>>
None of the other protagonists appear in a game as a cool ultimate antagonist type. Red is the most representative of the franchise to these people. It's funny, you'd expect Ruby/Brendan/Whatever to be more popular with the DeviantArt crowd on account of his white hair.
>>
>>26327728
>Ethan
You mean Brendan Anon.
>>
>>26328086
It's a hat dumbass.
>>
>>26328086
>white hair
Anon I think we need to talk. That isn't his hair, that's a hat.
>>
>>26328086
Anon, that's a hat.
>>
It's almost like you never played gen 2
>>
>>26327624
Hs representation in GSC obviously
>>
>>26328130
>>26328137
>>26328138
Please, what sort of clown would wear a hat with all those bits sticking up from it?
>>
The game's themselves support Redgy, check out his battle sprite in HG/SS and the battle subway from BW
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.