[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do guys think if a Monster type was added?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 308x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 308x512
What do guys think if a Monster type was added?
>>
>>26326674
what pokemon would you put there? dark is good enough
>>
>Game called Pocket Monsters
>Not all of them are Monster-type
game deleted
>>
>Pocket Monsters
> monster type
>>
>>26326674
Seems dumb for several reasons.

There is already Dark, Dragon and Fairy. What type of design would fit Monster type that does not fit one of those?

What would it's type interactions even be?

The game is already all monsters.
>>
>>26326674
Most of the Monster egg group are already two types and most of them are disctinctive enough that you can't change any of them.

Also, almost all starters are Monsters.
>>
>>26326734
What about a fiend type?
>>
>>26326744

How would you differentiate that from Evil-type?
>>
What about an Oni or Ogre type?

Hitmons, Sawk, and Throh all changed to Fighting/Oni

Magmar becomes Fire/Oni

Electabuzz, Plusle, and Minun become Electric/Oni

etc.
>>
>>26326744
What about a friend type?
>>
>>26326674
>Pokémon
>Poké Mon
>Pocket Monsters
So basically we should add a 100% neutral third type to every mon, seems legit
>>
>>26326792
This
>>
>>26326792

>forcing the Oni meme this badly

For what fucking purpose? Is every Red + Blue pairing based on the Oni now? Is every vaguely humanoid monster-like Pokemon a fucking Oni? There are more Pokemon based on rodents than there are Oni, so should there be a rodent type? What about international audiences? Why would they need a fucking Ogre type? Ridiculous.
>>
Well I think there is gonna be a new type, but I don't exactly know it might be a cosmic or space type depending on the new legendaries and based on how Lunaala looks and with it having that design.
It's bound to get a new typing based on it's look.
>>
>>26326794
how would you differentiate that from Fairy-type?
>>
>>26326792
How would you translate that though? I'd doubt that they would call it Oni-type in the english games. And making Electabuzz, Magmar, Plusle & Minun Oni-type would make no sense.
>>
Beast-Warrior type?
>>
>>26326895
How about you read the post? Oni would be translated as Ogre.
>Electabuzz
Literally based on an oni.
>Magmar
Electabuzz's counterpart, though I suppose it might get cucked like Lilligant.
>Plusle and Minun
Literally red and blue oni from Japanese folklore.
>>
there should be a epic type for epic pokemons like charizard mewtwo lucariot ect.... charizard can be fire/epic metwo psychic/epic lucario fight/epic ..... just a idea i had...what are your thoughts on this?
>>
File: poke-friends.jpg (184 KB, 554x880) Image search: [Google]
poke-friends.jpg
184 KB, 554x880
>>26326794
All my pokemon are friend type.
>>
>>26327055
I'm partial to Sea Serpent, personally.
>>
>>26326890
You get to bring fairies.
>>
Y'all are some dumbass niggas. You do realize that new types are added in for the sake of balance, right? Steel and dark were added to balance Psychic. Fairy was added to balance dragon. Think before you come up with some stupid ass shit like monster and light types.
>>
>Oni would be translated as Ogre
And here comes the problem. Do you think calling a cute elecric rabbit-thing an "Ogre" would make a lot of sense? And the fact is that onis are traditionally "evil" spirits and I don't really see Electabuzz or Magmar as evil. I don't think that the inspiration for design is enough to call these Pokemon onis.
>>
>>26327343
Shit, meant to quote
>>26327096
>>
>>26326888
Everyone thought XY would have Light and Sound types after looking at Yvetal and Xerneus
>>
>>26327343
>Do you think calling a cute elecric rabbit-thing an "Ogre" would make a lot of sense?
Makes about as much sense as calling an ugly pit bull a "Fairy"
>>
>>26326674
I fucking hate when people even suggest this.
This was like back when people were speculating sylveon's type to be shit like "le magic type xDDDD" when fucking psychic already exists.
Also light type will never happen because you have any idea how many "light-sun" based pokemon would be retconned like espeon, or sunflora?
>>
>>26326792
>no tengu or kappa
>no youkai
>>
>>26327096
Plusle and Minun are based on positive and negative energy, retard
>>
>>26327673
>implying it wouldn't be fairy
>>
File: image.png (51 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
51 KB, 250x250
>>26327415
So Granbull?
>>
>>26326792
>Plusle and Minun
geg
>>
>>26326674
Aren't all pokemon monsters?
>>
>>26327860
Aren't all pokemon elf monsters
>>
>>26327415
Granbull is literally the Fairy Pokemon, anon. It's based on an Irish dog fairy myth.
>>
>>26328952
>Cu Sith
Holy shit, Granbull is cool now.
>>
Gay
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.