[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Sun and Moon: Anime Opinion and Speculations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 13
File: NyDU5bAO0EY.jpg (74 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
NyDU5bAO0EY.jpg
74 KB, 480x480
What will we expect in the 20th season of the Pokemon series coming in 2016 (Japan), 2017 (US)?
>>
>>26326522
I wish Ash would grow up. Or replace him with someone else. I'd say I want a more grown up Pokemon but after seeing that charmander/squirtle fight in BlueRed I'm skeptical — was brutal
>>
>>26326522
I expect to see absolute none of the new protags from Sun & Moon. Both are just too damn identical to Ash and Serena (like in OP's pic). I quite frankly hope so too, as I've grown quite attached to Serena and especially Bonnie & Squishy.
>>
I want Brock back.
>>
Ash goes to Hawaii to see naked dancers and drink a lot. Pikachu fights depression. Greninja is gay.
>>
Who the fuck cares? Also nice image, Shitrena is done for. You disgusting shipfags can finally hang yourself when XY is over.
>>
>>26327494
>implying Squishy will see the end of the Z arc

But uh, would be cool to see Serena move on to another region with ash, but it's probably not going to happen because of that idol manage bitch.-
>>
I'll take anything, just get rid of Serena
>>
File: 01.png (261 KB, 825x1300) Image search: [Google]
01.png
261 KB, 825x1300
>>26327494
There is no reason why Serena should stick around after kalos is done. After all doesn't she want to be kalos princess or whatever? Am pretty sure she will stick around with the old lady that offered to train her. New girls need chances too.
>>
Honestly, Ash should end things off in XY&Z. He's way too powerful to come back from a reset (much more than DP -> BW).

>>26326564
Would upping the animation and direction quality but still remaining flashy and not violent be a good compromise?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3qqh4gqlzs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1HJWJkyKqo
>>
>>26326522
Ash goes to Alola and Serena commits suicide
>>
I hope Ash and Serena go to Alola and meet up with Brock. That way Serena can catch more fucking pokemon and we get the GOAT sidekick back
>>
>>26327614
Didn't she say she wanted to go experience the world on her own before taking up the manager's offer?
>>
File: image.png (134 KB, 958x744) Image search: [Google]
image.png
134 KB, 958x744
>Serena goes to Alola
>she meets Sean there and falls in love
>>
You already did most of it. Ash with protag clothes, girl protag from games. All we need is the know it all mr. exposition and we're set. You could make a program to write this show by now.
>>
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 107x97) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 107x97
>>26326522

BROCK WAY MUTCH BETTER OH JENNY OH JOY..

BTFO BONNY YOU BROCK COPYCAT !
im so sick of her AND G6

IF THEY BRING BROCK BACK IN THE NEXT SEASON IT WOULD BE PERFECT..NO STUPID CHILD WHO ASK A GIRL/WOMEN A RELATION..FOR HES BROTHER..
>>
>>26327709
She did but is pokemon logic so it could just mean finishing her adventure with ash in kalos.
>>
>>26327659
Pikachu defeated a legendary at the end of Battle Frontier yet tied with an Elekid at the start of the next series. This time it's not really Pikachu that's got the extreme power up, it's Greninja which won't really effect the next series because it'll stay at Oak's lab.
>>
>>26326522
Girl gets Rowlet (idc if it's Serena or new girl)
Ash gets Litten and Poppolio
Litten evolves ones, Poppolio never evolves
Ash returns to useless trainer status while trying to help either Gym Leader Flavor of the Region or Green Haired 'Rival' learn how to be a proper trainer
Greninja makes multiple unnecessary cameos a la Johto Charizard
Ash's Regional Bird evolves twice
Unnecessary excessive Legend Exposition.

No know it all third part member this time. Either inexperienced young kid or ladies man.

Someone gets a mystery egg part way into the series that hatches into the baby pokemon version of Pokemon's new mascot (The one replacing Clefairy, not Pikachu)
>>
>>26326522
>20th season
That's in 2018 i thought?
>>
>>26328330
Daggit, I lost track of how many seasons the dub's had forever ago. Who at this point cares anymore? It's certainly not been that many for Japan. They've had like...7 titles by now, I think.
>>
>>26328330
Current "season" (XY&Z) is the 19th, so he's correct. The anime began on April 1997 so the episodes running through 2017 will be the 20th "season" (again, dub-only term).
>>
>>26327692
Wow that would be just terrible. As sad as I am to see Clemont and Bonnie go, bring on the new sidekick girl and the boy who does the cooking.
>>
>>26326522
Ash will win the Pokemon League
In the XYZ epilogue, Ash grows up to become a Pokemon Master and marries Serena.
Their kid is the protagonist of the Sun and Moon anime. He inherits Ash's Pikachu as his first Pokemon.

Idk about any Team Rocket replacements. It'd be funny if they were cryogenically frozen and thawed out decades later.
>>
>>26326522
I'd like them to reference the other time Ash entered an island-dominated region.
>>
>>26327541
Ash must drive a Cadillac into a volcano to please the local legendary. It is so moved by this sacrifice that its tears bring him back to life.
>>
File: 1460828816858.jpg (11 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
1460828816858.jpg
11 KB, 231x218
>>26326522

You can expect them to contrive a reason why Ash loses the championship (likely due to falling unconscious with Ashninja shenanigans), contrive a reason for Serena to stay in Kalos (likely due to receiving that card after her loss), contrive a reason for Ash to leave Greninja behind despite the fact that the two share a bond that arguably surpasses his bond with even Pikachu (likely leaving it at the ninja village, and because of health reasons), and then fail to even bother contriving a reason as to why Ash will suddenly revert to B/W levels of stupidity.

You'd have to be a literal child not to realize that this season has been no different from any other and that they have not been building towards any real change in the status quo.
>>
File: Tobias.png (794 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Tobias.png
794 KB, 1280x720
>>26329852
>a reason why Ash loses the championship
RAYQUASA, MEGA SHINKA
>>
>>26329852
Which is why everyone says they could completely change the cast every generation and not lose anything at all. Heck, B/W PROVED they could've done that. There is absolutely nothing in B/W that couldn't be done by a completely new character, AND ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WOULD BE LOST. You have a point they could've done that with any other season, but B/W makes that the most apparent.
>>
>>26329852
I'd really like to know why kids give a shit about a protagonist who loses at the end of the season.

I doubt they stick around for the next region half the time anyway, so why not get a new protag? It doesn't harm the brand at all, when the 6-year olds watching it move on to Yo-Kai Watch anyway.
>>
>>26330028
*why they think kids give a shit
>>
Honestly, I think they think they're being like every other long-running random anime in existence. And then the major battles get to be a shounen anime and the contests shoujo. They think they're clever, but no, they just look confused and please no one. Pick one and only one.
>>
File: image.gif (496 KB, 500x219) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
496 KB, 500x219
Tfw ash doesnt even remember serenas name in the next season
>>
>>26326522
The same shit that happens every season...Ash gets rekt in the league, he forgets everything he learned in the old region, he leaves his old friends behind, all his old Pokemon get Oaked, and he travels to the new region and makes a bunch of new friends and catches new mons and starts the whole cycle over.

This is the way the show has worked for nearly two decades and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Also these people who think that Serena's going to stay on are engaging in wishful thinking. The anime's going to have to find a character to promote the Gen 7 games, and the easiest way to do that is with a new girl.
>>
>>26329970
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-189495587
>>
>>26326522
The new girl looks so generic it's kind of hard to believe she'd be in the anime.
>>
File: oooo_hamburgers_I_blew_my_stack.jpg (153 KB, 1024x739) Image search: [Google]
oooo_hamburgers_I_blew_my_stack.jpg
153 KB, 1024x739
Ash gets competition
>>
File: 14627310983025.jpg (121 KB, 335x438) Image search: [Google]
14627310983025.jpg
121 KB, 335x438
>>26331926

>If a Pokémon’s Ability (such as Rough Skin, Aftermath, Liquid Ooze, or Iron Barbs) or held item (such as Rocky Helmet) results in each player’s final Pokémon fainting, the player whose Pokémon had the Ability or held item wins the game.

Kinda sucks for Team Mega Rayquaza, but then again, that's what you get for using a team full of Mega Rayquazas.
>>
>Ash wins the Kalos League
>gets invitation to new region's Pokemon League isolated in a faraway region
>but something isn't quite right...
>>
>>26328522
>20th season of anime celebrating 20th anniversary games
I can SMELL the marketing from here!

Just like Power Rangers though, they fucked up by busting out the G1 theme remix 3 seasons too early
>>
>>26327968
Well, the thing about that was Ash was the one that asked her to join him. Honestly, because it's Pokemon and the whole experiencing more sounds more like going to other places.
>>
File: Hilda-chan.jpg (56 KB, 355x600) Image search: [Google]
Hilda-chan.jpg
56 KB, 355x600
>>26332053
>>
File: 1461719809188.jpg (99 KB, 703x516) Image search: [Google]
1461719809188.jpg
99 KB, 703x516
Serena leaves forever, just like the other girls

Their parting is commemorated with a high-five and nothing else

Pokemon Anime Discussion General implodes
>>
>>26326522
>Serena is staying

People sure are delusional

But yeah, if ash gets all the starters, it will not be a good signal
>>
Does anyone have more of serena dancing?
>>
>>26331926
>Anime=/=Games
>>
File: rowlet.gif (127 KB, 449x618) Image search: [Google]
rowlet.gif
127 KB, 449x618
>>26335278
November sure will be a great month
>>
File: 1463172742608.png (804 KB, 1221x455) Image search: [Google]
1463172742608.png
804 KB, 1221x455
>>26335366
>>
>>26335278
It will be more like dying out silently.

How many of those faggots will even keep watching their children's cartoon in Alola?
>>
>>26330003
>>26330028
Part of the appeal of the anime is seeing Ash grow as a character over the course of many years. A new character just wouldn't be the same.
>>
>>26335581
your point? all white people look the same
>>
>>26335684
>all white people look the same
>there's a white girl with dark hair as one of the options
New girl is just an altered anime Serena.
>>
How are they going to explain away Greninja? What is it going to die or something?
>>
>>26336300
Satoshi doesn't bring any Pokemon other than Pikachu across regions. It was mentioned by himself a series ago.

There you go.
>>
>>26336326
Megas are a thing now though so that doesn't explain it now.
>>
>>26336449
Why would it not? It doesn't matter if the bloody Pokemon can OHKO its way through the league, Satoshi can and will leave it behind every time he goes to a new region, because he's gotta give himself a chance to catch and train new regional Pokemon from scratch.
>>
>>26336567
Greninja is basically the Mega for Ash and more likely than not the synchronization shit is going to be in SM. Plus, Ash hasn't even been catching many Pokemon.
>>
>>26330028
If Ash ever got replaced his replacement would still lose the tournaments. In fact they'd be more likely to because they would be a rookie.
>>
>>26326522
Things definitely points towards a reboot and getting rid of Ash, if you ask me. The ratings are suffering.
>>
>>26338470
What are you talking about? They've been low for ages. TV is just not what it used to be. Otherwise, pokemon was never even close to the top simply because there's so many older anime, and believe it or not, they are just like us and flock to the next new thing. Why doesn't pokemon have the same status as the older anime, you may ask? Because even to them, Pokemon would just be a cheap imitation of them. It's not a true random comedy show, and it's not a true shounen.
>>
They should dump ash already.
>>
>>26338558
I agree.

Make Bonnie new protag.
>>
>>26338553
That's absolutely not true. Pokemon ratings have been suffering now worse than during BW era, when everyone jumped that shitshow of a train ride. The anime hasn't been a generation defying cult in years but there's a limit in how the network wants its ratings to go down, even with a powerhouse like pokemon. In all likelihood they're going to sack Satoshi at this round, mark my word.
>>
>>26335581
I hope this does happen, Serena going to Poke'Hawaii with Ash.
>>
>>26328225

Greninja will start his own Ninja Village in Oak's Lab and train Ash's shitmons for the next season's league.
>>
>>26340757

Good. That means he can finally win the league, which is exactly how it's shaping up.
>>
>>26326522
why the fuck does Ash have to wear a jacket, Hawaii is freaking hot. He gonna be hot.
>>
>>26326522
>Greninja leading in the current movie's popularity poll
>in Smash
>fancy new form used with Ash that could be in the new games
I can see him bringing Greninja and never using him in Gyms, but have a Mega Evolution user as a rival that he can fight.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.