[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does anyone want or expect Rowlet to evolve into a Grass/Ground?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 600px-389Torterra[1].png (286 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
600px-389Torterra[1].png
286 KB, 600x600
Why does anyone want or expect Rowlet to evolve into a Grass/Ground?

>Still x4 weak to Ice.
>Loses a SR weakness in exchange for shittier resistances and immunities.
>Shittier offensive STAB coverage.
>Nothing remotely Ground-like about the design, except "brown".
>This guy already exists.

Enlighten me, anons.
>>
>>26325757
Pure retardation. The website data mining showed unused ground-type and fighting-type labels. They're either for the other two starters or none, fucking retards.
>>
Starters have rarely, if ever (I can't think of any examples that have) shown indication of their secondary types if they got any before actually getting them, and the existence of other starters sharing the type has very clearly never stopped them before. I don't know if it's a better or worse type however. I would assuming hitting Steels would be worth it over Flying
>>
Combination of data mining and Occam's razor. I'm still unsure about it myself, but it's something that one would be a fool to totally disregard.
>>
>>26325798
what proof is there that the type labels are in anyway connected to the starters?
>>
>>26325818
That's what I'm saying.
>>
>>26325815
Running it through a type coverage calculator, Grass/Flying misses out on 30-some-odd Steels and Electrics, while Grass/Ground is walled by every Flying, Grass, and Levitating Grass-resist.
>>
>>26325757
The thing that make me think it's possible it's the fact that Rowlet is the only dual type first stage starter since Bulbasaur so they will maybe try something new with it ie changing is second type a thing we never saw with a starter.
>>
>>26325798
Ground is under Rowlett.
>>
>>26325860
Resists?
>>
>>26325815
Well, I just thought of Braixen. I guess it kind of indicated its type prior to actually gaining it. But it was a second stage and also it's the only one I can think of
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.