[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 59-Golurk line
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: 4881292_249px.jpg (12 KB, 249x199) Image search: [Google]
4881292_249px.jpg
12 KB, 249x199
Yesterday was Druddigon, today will be about the Ghost golems Golett and Golurk.
My thoughts: It can learn fly....Tell me that's not the first thing that comes to mind when this Pokemon line is mentioned. Anyways the Golurk line has got to be one the coolest Pokemon ever conceived. It just looks so cool with a lot of cool ideas that went into it:
>Based off the Golems from Hebrew mythology
>Unique type combo
>Mecha genre influence
Seriously, this is a badass Pokemon, I'm surprised it isn't popular...Wait I can take a guess. Unfortunately, Golurk isn't a competitive juggernaut, as in with only a base 80 defense and sp.defense, this guy isn't as tanky as he should be. Wtf Gamefreak? Oh well.
Overall, the Golurk line is just a really cool Pokemon. Oh and fun fact if you don't know:
>Guy who made the infamous Vanilluxe line made the Golurk line.
>>
>>26325739
ghost robots 10/10
>>
>>26325739
I'd imagine bringing a Golurk to a compact populated area is a no-go.
>>
>isn't popular

That's a phat lie
>>
>>26325739
>Goletts, when will they learn
>>
File: 1460063529864.jpg (306 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1460063529864.jpg
306 KB, 500x700
Really cool. Golurk is in desperate need of a buff.
>>
10/10
This is my first time being in one of these threads just because I've been waiting for this. Been my favourite mon ever since I evolved a Golett in my CatchEmAll run of Black several years back. Total bro.
>>
File: james_turner's_pokémon.png (225 KB, 637x565) Image search: [Google]
james_turner's_pokémon.png
225 KB, 637x565
>>26325739
Golurk is a mess visually and design wise. Only children like it because WHOA EPIC ROBOT SO EPIC XDDD. James Turner has made nothing but shit pokes. He should stay making shitty shovelware for non-Nintendo systems.
>>
>>26325893
>>
>>26325739
I really wish I could use Golurk in matches, its so damn cool.

Also has one of the best shinies in the game.
>>
>>26325893
>baka gajin cant into poke design

Fuck off, Trevenant Vanilluxe and Golurk are amazing
>>
>>26325893
What's it like having shit taste?
>>
>>26325893
Ill give you the ice cream line but Trevenant and Golurk are great
>>
File: image.png (239 KB, 400x217) Image search: [Google]
image.png
239 KB, 400x217
>absolute bro tier
>strong
>an item that keeps his full power in check
>No Guard
>Dynamic Punch
I love him
>>
It would be better if it were ghost/rock.
>>
File: Here's your (you).jpg (29 KB, 396x396) Image search: [Google]
Here's your (you).jpg
29 KB, 396x396
>>26325893
>>
>>26325893

Going to disagree with you. Golurk is a far cry from Digimon-style mecha bullshit. And it has enough little features to keep it from looking like a generic RPG enemy. It has that touch of cuteness that makes it a real Pokebro.
>>
If you didn't name yours Al, Alfonse, or Gipsy Danger, you fucked up.
>>
File: mandibuzz.jpg (16 KB, 236x290) Image search: [Google]
mandibuzz.jpg
16 KB, 236x290
>>26325893
>not liking based mandibuzz
>>
>>26326091

>If you named yours Al, Alfonse, or Gipsy Danger, you fucked up.

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>26325893
only right answer
>>
>>26326191
For retards sure.
>>
>>26325893
I like literally all of these designs, more than most generic early gen mons for sure
>>
>>26325893
G-d bless James Turner. Save Nintendo from old gooks and weeb nostalgiascum.
>>
Golurk isn't my favorite, but I'm glad it exist. It has a cool design, unique typing, and I love it's mythos. I wish we had more cool interesting pokemon just like it.
>>
>>26326114
This
>>
>>26325739
I fucking love flying mecha golem. I named mine Tetsujin.
>>
>>26326091
See
>>26326641
>>
First used Golett in X. Loved it's shape and proportions, seeing the little roly-poly bastard pivot its arm up and swing itself for a punch immediately enchanted me. Feels like I'm pretty much the only one who prefers it to Golurk.
>>
>>26325739
Golurk is my favorite gen5 ghost and top10 of gen5 easily. It's an idea that can be executed so terribly but it manages to pull it off very well, and the fact that it can learn fly is just the cherry in the top of this cool dude, wish he wasnt as bad as he is battle-wise.
>>
>>26325978
Ayyy lmao. They do have striking similarities, I'll give you that
>>
It's pretty cool, the concept is nice since "golem" also means "robot". The type is nice too I guess. Also the Pokédex description reflect what they're based on. They also look cool in general.
Better than Golem.
>>
Golurk is super cool, and a total bro
Easily one of my favorite Gen 5 pokemon
>>
The fact that Golurk can learn Fly brings it from 9/10 to 10/10

And you can also get one pretty early in XY- right after Grant the second gym.
>>
>>26325739
Golurk is GOAT.

I think he is decent with Assault Vest. I would've tried No Guard Dynamic Punch on him but I love Iron Fist too much since it boost 3/4 of my Golurk's moveset (ice punch, fire punch, shadow punch)

>>26325893
(you)
>>
I used to dislike Golurk back in BW because it didn't look like a pokemon to me, it just felt out of place. Then I came to love it in XY and want to use it in a team sometime.

I plan to MM a shiny sometime because I like the ghost/ectoplasm-like glows on the body.
>>
fun fact: not only golurk can fly like a rocket, it can transform itself in a cannon

this is seen in its concept art and the pokepark games
>>
>>26328803
post pics, i don't remember it from pokepark 2
>>
File: Juanita_Golurk_Black_Fly.png (112 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Juanita_Golurk_Black_Fly.png
112 KB, 320x180
>>26325739
I thought they were Rock/Psychic at first.
>>
>>26329042
>>
>>26325739
Kinda boring both lore- and competitively-speaking.

IT's slow, has only decent defenses, offense isn't anything to write home about, and the only thing that most people give a shit about is the fact that it learns Fly.
>>
>>26329138
Oh, right. It was kind of strange yeah, cool though
>>
>>26325893
Vanilluxe is the only ugly pokemon there.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.