[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CAN WE GET RID OF FUCKING HM'S PLEASE I'M PLAYING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1462643760972.png (131 KB, 361x330) Image search: [Google]
1462643760972.png
131 KB, 361x330
CAN WE GET RID OF FUCKING HM'S PLEASE

I'M PLAYING THROUGH A ALPHA SAPPHIRE ROMHACK AND I HAVE TO RUIN MY TEAM BECAUSE OF ROCK SMASH, STRENGTH, SURF AND FLY

6 FUCKING GENERATIONS AND WE HAVENT GOTTEN RID OF THEM

JUST MAKE A SEPERATE MOVESLOT EXCLUSIVELY FOR HM'S

>Swampert
>Has his 4 moves
>his HM slots permit Surf, Strenght, Waterfall, Rock Smash, Dive
>make them unusabke in battle but optional to be also put as battle moves

please GF
>>
nah son
>>
>>26324617
OR just turn the HMs into TMs and allow us to delete the move at will like they did with flash.
>>
Maybe GF will never get rid of HMs, but my GF got rid of me
>>
>>26324648
It's so you can't get stuck on an island when you delete Fly and Surf, or stuck in a cave 'cause you deleted Strength.

Anyway, I think certain Pokémon should he able to do certain things (like any one that could learn said HMs), and the ability to do it is locked behind a Gym Badge. So first gym gives Cut, etc. And the actual moves could still be TMs and usable in battle. I feel like they wouldn't call the ability "Surf" or "Fly," but the gym leader would go "Since you've defeated me, your Pokémon should be strong enough to carry you across the water past Route X."
>>
>>26324697
but then just reuse the TM because they've been reusable since gen 5. As long as they are reusable, I don't see the need for HMs to exist.
>>
>>26324688
what was the straw that broke the camel's back anon?
>>
>>26324617
Field moves should stay if we want the future regions to have at least a half-decent exploration, but they should probably be transformed into Key Items. Old HMs should be turned into TMs, with some of the more useless ones (Cut) entirely removed from the list.
>>
>>26324768
Yeah the key item idea is good. Like have an axe for trees, a hammer for the rocks, flashlight for dark rooms, and keep waterfall, surf, fly, and strength as TMs.
>>
>>26324915
Or better yet, make dive and waterfall be able to be done with only surf, but keep the moves as TMs, too.
>>
Look at all the autism in this thread.
>>
>>26324648
>>26324697
These are both good alternatives
>>
I want them to implement portable PCs. And allow Pokemon with HMs to use their HMs them even when they're in your PC. That way you don't have to keep going back to the pokemon center to switch out your HM slaves. Also in that case, when you put a pokemon in your PC, they won't automatically become fully healed. That could give some actual use to the Heal Ball as well.
>>
>>26325135
Then if you have 20+ Pokemon then any route will require 0 skill
>>
>>26324617
Keep crying, loser. Han's aren't going anywhere. Ever.
>>
>>26325424
It already doesn't require any skill. If you start getting low on PP all you have to do is go back to the pokemon center/closest healing spot. Time consuming =/= difficult.
>>
>>26324717
>but then just reuse the TM
Can't reuse the TM if you've just traded your surfer.
You've forgotten that since gen 5 we've been able to trade anywhere.
>>
>>26324617
WHY THE FUCK DO YOU NEED TO GO ALL THE WAY TO LILYCOVE TO DELETE HMS

YOU CAN'T TOSS THEM, YOU CAN'T STORE THEM. WHY CAN'T I DELETE THEM?

REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>26327300
but that could happen regardless of deleting your surf
>>
File: wallpaper haunter.jpg (234 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper haunter.jpg
234 KB, 1920x1200
>>26324915
There's an old creepypasta about that, traditionally told from the perspective of a former employee of Game Freak.

Originally, all those WERE key items, or even just items in general. The axe, the candle, the surfboard, the escape rope.

Then, something happened to the game. New, novel behavior popped up around three of the four items.

You could use the axe to "kill" NPCs. Under no circumstances would they respawn, which would cause the game to crash when it needed to load an important NPC that you'd killed (say, Professor Oak, or your rival)

You could use the candle to burn down buildings. Once activated in any building, the screen would go dark, as if in an unlit cave, and you couldn't use the candle to light your path out. Once you got out, the building was a mess of glitchy "ash", and you couldn't reenter. You could seriously damage your ability to progress through the game by doing this, as it would not only "kill" NPCs the same way the axe did, but also completely block access to the interior of the building and, for certain buildings (say, those connecting two routes), entire paths through the game.

The third item was the escape rope. Using it outside of a cave in certain locations (say, in a doorframe) would hang the player. This would make the save file completely unplayable.

There was only one way to remove this code, which not only broke the game, but also wasn't suitable at all for a children's game, was to remove the items. The axe and candle were completely removed, but one programmer was indeed able to save the escape rope... at the cost of the surfboard, which ended up dummied out of the game completely (although enough of the code still exists for it to become the ?????? item.) In place of the lost functionality, they came up with HMs.

The tale is traditionally ended by the teller committing seppuku, via "escape rope".
>>
Just get a lv.2 zigzagoon and stfu nigger
>>
>>26327532
You can't trade Pokemon that know HMs.
>>
Tbh I won't complain if they actually made a separate slot just for HM (which is necessary for story progression). I just hope those applicable TM would still be applicable, like Sweet Scent and such. I don't mind those.
>>
>>26327577
i never knew
>>
>>26327578
the only real problem with it some of the HMs are decent moves, namely surf and waterfall
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.